PDA

View Full Version : Got my Edios DVD/trailers yesterday

Chiefdreams
17th Oct 2003, 16:15
Loved the DX2 and T3!

Huntress
20th Oct 2003, 21:25
Well a day later and all that jazz...I just received mine today :) Now the only problem is, I have to wait for my Son to get back so I can run it on his player on the TV :D I hope it isn't the same trailer I saw from Deus Ex 2 site though as I did get to see that on my Daughter's Comp when I was down there. I have seen a small download of T3 so hopefully this one will be bigger??? Ta and Good Hunting!

ps: They could have left off that stupid Backyard Wrestling though as far as I'm concerned! LOL

Apache
21st Oct 2003, 22:15
I got mine yesterday as well..Not to bad...

Grey Mouser
23rd Oct 2003, 23:56
Originally posted by Chiefdreams
Loved the DX2 and T3!

Edios? Who is that? Oh wait I know...they published Theif! ;)

Bat-mite
24th Oct 2003, 15:29
Not funy, Gery Musoer.
;)

Chiefdreams
25th Oct 2003, 13:21
Where does "EIDOS" come from anyway? Does it stand for something?

E: every

I: ____

D: _____

O: ____

S: _____

Any guesses?

Suggestions?

Huntress
25th Oct 2003, 19:04
E - every
I - idea
D - does
O- offer
S- solutions ???

Ha ha...
Ta and Good Hunting!

Bat-mite
27th Oct 2003, 16:35
E ven
I diots
D ig
O ur
S tuff

Grey Mouser
27th Oct 2003, 19:53
Originally posted by Bat-mite
Not funy, Gery Musoer.
;)

yeesh, tough crowd! ;)

EIDOS is a derivative of Greek/Latin that means to view or to look ahead (think Kaleidoscope).
It also has a meaning that (and I am paraphrasing from Plato) all important words/thoughts have an Ideal (an Eidos) behind them...more of a mental exercise and definition in that all reality is based in perception.

It gets stickier from there, and it has been awhile since my Philosophy classes...I just may need to go review.

Huntress
27th Oct 2003, 20:37
Just an added comment about DVD trailer...in a way unfortunate as the one for DE II was the same as on site...but the one for T3 I was sortof disappointed in. Didn't show all that much and what was there was very very dark so that I couldn't see much of it as well :( Seems they were more interested in PR'g Backyard Wrestling as that was quite extended with various stuff :( I would have much preferred to see a lot more of T3's goodness!!! Ta and Good Hunting!

Squid
28th Oct 2003, 07:08
I've never received my dvd, and I'm signed up... *sniff, sniff* Was hoping to see it.

Squid

Sneak
28th Oct 2003, 15:16
OK,
I think something went right by me. Where do I sign up for this DVD. I want it! ;)

ChangelingJane
28th Oct 2003, 16:09
Originally posted by Bat-mite
E ven
I diots
D ig
O ur
S tuff

rofl!

The DVD was very disappointing. Nothing new. The only real content was for Backyard Wrestling, which doesn't really interest me. I was hoping there might be new Thief 3 content! Oh well.

Chiefdreams
28th Oct 2003, 21:59
"EIDOS is a derivative of Greek/Latin that means to view or to look ahead (think Kaleidoscope).
It also has a meaning that (and I am paraphrasing from Plato) all important words/thoughts have an Ideal (an Eidos) behind them...more of a mental exercise and definition in that all reality is based in perception."

Does that mean it's a ripoff of "LookingGlass"?

"Nah!"

RicknMel
29th Oct 2003, 02:04
T3 trailer DVD?

What did I miss??

Oh yeah..... Hi gang! :D

theBlackman
29th Oct 2003, 02:13
RicknMel, whee the hell have you guys been. LOL

Stile451
29th Oct 2003, 06:28
Hiya RicknMel. :D

RicknMel
29th Oct 2003, 15:17
Hi Dusty / Salvage

We've been around. Just very busy.
I haven't played Thief in forever. :(
I still have my same old PC thats not strong enough to run it anymore. But I'm still planning to upgrade (whether we can afford it or not) as soon as I get my grubbies on T3. :D

So whats the skinny on this DVD yall's talking about?? :confused:

Is there a REAL release date for T3??

Huntress
29th Oct 2003, 23:12
Hi ya Biddie Buddie and Mrs. :) Nice to see ya drop in again and to let us know from time to time your still breathin :D

Release for T3??? Wellll that's been a little confusing for the most part. I know Deus Ex II is due out Dec 3rd...and T3 don't know if they're going to try and make it for Christmas but think maybe Feb has been tossed around some???

Should be out in time to spend your tax refund money for that new machine to play it on though, LOL Just be sure to get a card that can support T&L, etc. ATI's 8500 and up or equivalent nVidia but nVidia has some issues with their DX9 support...you can read about it from different eval sites, so more ppl have been going to ATI's of late :)

Take care and see ya round the CBI ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

Zaccheus
1st Nov 2003, 08:46
I guess they really meant it when they said 'US only'.
:rolleyes:

I never got my DVD.
:(

Oh yeah, hi RicknMel.
:)

RicknMel
2nd Nov 2003, 22:24
Hi *Z* :D

I still don't know what you're all talking about with these DVD's?
:confused:

Huntress
3rd Nov 2003, 19:39
Well I'll try to explain a bit R&M....it was a little promo they had advertised on one of the sites (sorry I can't remember which right now) but if you signed up you could get a DVD with the trailers of some of the upcoming games...which included Deus Ex II, T3 and others :) I don't even think you could get them at this late date but maybe Mouser can offer some feedback on that???

As was said, I personally don't think anyone missed that much if they didn't get it. You can see the same Trailer for DEII at that site and some for T3 has been seen through GameSpy's site (well it is a place to get the downloads for it ;) ). There are a few music vid's on it as well but I didn't even bother looking as yet. Then all that stuff for Backyard Wrestling which was a waste as far as I was concerned...so that's about it.

Take care and Good Hunting!