PDA

View Full Version : Email pyro about co-op mode

thesavegameking
16th Oct 2003, 16:24
(I know there is a no co-op mode thread - but I think this one deserves it's own one)

I've just emailed pyrostudios@pyrostudios.com regarding the lack of campaign co-op mode, and it's impact on my and my housemates decision not to purchase the game.

I also sited this board in the email to give the developers and understanding of how many people are shocked and disappointed about this oversight.

I haven't said everyone feels as I do - I understand people who play single player only don't care - and some people have expressed interest in the deathmatch modes.

But I have called upon them to confirm that to implement this functionality is not very difficult for them as almost all the coding is already in place (multiplayer, single player campaign etc).

I also call upon anyone who feels that co-op play is desirable or required for them to purchase and play the game to email them regarding this - if they see that many fans want this feature (or would demand it before spending money) they may allocate a few programmer days to implement it.

If you do send an email please be constructive and polite - don't start spamming them with auto-email programs!

If anyone knows of a better email address to send to please post.

Savegameking.

Snowden
16th Oct 2003, 17:01
I see two ways out of this:

1. Modding the game so co-op is included.

2. Signing some kind of petition (why not start one someone?).

sick
16th Oct 2003, 22:03
dont expect that pyro will ever make some kinda patch so you can go co-op. you dont even get a reply from them if u send a serious email. im really getting anti-pyro feelings. getting mad on them, they are just not listening to the community.
they stripped down c3 to 12 levels. first was said there would be 23 levels, later it was 14 and now it 12. really cant understand why. i used to have a lot of respect for pyro .:mad: :mad: :mad:

will drop my complainments to pyro soon (on a normal way, doh) and if they dont give a reply on complainments it will prove that pyro is dealing unproffesional with the community and then i will do things i never thought about before...:o

edit:

Critisize all you want, but don't talk about warez. Thanks.

-Xcom

edit #2:

okie mr. Xcom:rolleyes:

edit # 3 - Thanks! We appreciate you obeying the rules (that you agreed to abide when you signed up) of the forum. It is always good to actually do what you _say_ you are going to do, don't you think? :)
Grey Mouser

mattaudio
16th Oct 2003, 22:50
lets go !!!:)
i know 3 others friends who won't buy the game because there is no coop mode..

David
16th Oct 2003, 23:01
like it is a reason for not buying a agme :mad: :mad: :mad:

jeffertef
16th Oct 2003, 23:29
we are not cows , this is unfortunatly the only way to us.
what should we do?? we will not buy the game only because we have liked comando 1 and commando 2.
if pyros don't listen to us , i'll not buy the game too ...:(

DON'T fORGET TO SEND AN EMAIL TO PYROS , THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE!!!

Monkey44
17th Oct 2003, 06:55
what the hell is wrong with you guys, you think that you guys represent the majority of commando players, you think pyro gives a rats ass that you managed to sign a petition saying you like co-op. well heres news for you, a lot of people did not like co op at all, im included in this. once you beat a level 4 or 5 times it just starts to get old, doesnt matter who you play with cause you use the same strategy every time. How about you guys give the deathmatch thing a try before you start your *****ing cause i can almost gaurentee that it will be a hell of a lot more entertaining beating your friends in head to head combat rather than playing a mission that you already beat 15 times.

sick
17th Oct 2003, 07:16
only missions ive beated more than 15 times are NOTW and bonus mission 2...
anyway, im sure i will like deathmatch A LOT! but the game has been stripped down so much! that really disappoints me.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
17th Oct 2003, 12:30
Originally posted by Monkey44
what the hell is wrong with you guys, you think that you guys represent the majority of commando players, you think pyro gives a rats ass that you managed to sign a petition saying you like co-op. well heres news for you, a lot of people did not like co op at all, im included in this. once you beat a level 4 or 5 times it just starts to get old, doesnt matter who you play with cause you use the same strategy every time. How about you guys give the deathmatch thing a try before you start your *****ing cause i can almost gaurentee that it will be a hell of a lot more entertaining beating your friends in head to head combat rather than playing a mission that you already beat 15 times.

How about you go and play some camper-strike instead little buddy? ok? Fine! Thanks!

Now on a serious note they didn't have to remove co-op at all. Sure it might be fun playing some TDM but co-op was also fun and didn't at all have to get trashed from the game. Just sad to see a good thing get cancelled. :(

Yama Gema
17th Oct 2003, 13:54
Monkey44 said :

"what the hell is wrong with you guys, you think that you guys represent the majority of commando players, you think pyro gives a rats ass that you managed to sign a petition saying you like co-op. well heres news for you, a lot of people did not like co op at all, im included in this."

Erm, Monkey44, excuse me by advance, but globally on one hand you say that people who say they like CO-OP must shut up and on the other hand you say that u DON'T LIKE CO-OP... But what's wrong with u then?? Should we answer by saying to you to shut up too??? Why should we listen you sayin no CO-OP more than you listen us sayin add it?

We just express our point of view on CO-PO, not saying Death Match sucks or what! If dev team implements CO-OP, it's not to remove DM! It's to get BOTH of them. As far as i've read threads about CO-OP i haven't seen anybody saying "let's kill DM to replace it by CO-OP!"... See what i mean? That's being OPENMINDED. Not like you crap people who say that because you don't like co-op, Pyros team is doing good removing it.

So i'm asking u : what's your goal in this thread? Are you here just to spoil our pleasure of gaming? Are we doing the same for you? I'm sorry but there is absolutely no interest in your opinion here.

We are in the same boat why should we struggle? We're all Commandos enthousiasts, so please, support us or just shut up...

David
17th Oct 2003, 13:56
Originally posted by sick
only missions ive beated more than 15 times are NOTW and bonus mission 2...
anyway, im sure i will like deathmatch A LOT! but the game has been stripped down so much! that really disappoints me. ahh,same here ;) it is just too good (notw)

yeah,they shouldnt have removved co-op bu they did. so there is bloody nothing we can do about it.besides i wonder if a lot of people would be playing it anyway after a while when ther is deathmach.it is not made to last!
and shut up about counterstrike :mad:

mattaudio
17th Oct 2003, 18:16
i've wrote to the first french gamewebsite (www.gamekult.com)about this bad news.
and they have already post a news on the website because they think as us that players must know what they will buy.

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/actus/articles/A0000028779.html

Everybody must know that there is no co-op mode in commandos 3 ,
so please post in each gamewebsite that you know; this is the only way to warn players!!!

Monkey44
17th Oct 2003, 18:38
Yama Gema said:

"So i'm asking u : what's your goal in this thread? Are you here just to spoil our pleasure of gaming? Are we doing the same for you? I'm sorry but there is absolutely no interest in your opinion here. "

First off, this entire forum is for opinions, if someone says an opinion that you dont like you should learn to live with it. Second, im not the one thats spoiling anyone's pleasure in gaming, of anything its you guys that are constantly *****ing and threatining to boycott a game just because it doesnt have a feature that you liked in the previous game. Im being very open minded, i tried co op and im very willing to try deathmatch, you on the otherhand as soon as you hear that something is different you start compaining like a 6 year old girl. the purpose of my thread was to tell people like you to be open to change instead of holding on to the past.

David
17th Oct 2003, 18:58
oh well,there is nothing to do abotu these people. let they spoil the game for themselves ;)
as long as i will enjoy it, and i sure will, it is ok !

Yama Gema
18th Oct 2003, 19:19
Monkey44 are you deaf or something??? Or do you only see what you wanna see? Did someone call every player to boycot the game?

You said : "First off, this entire forum is for opinions, if someone says an opinion that you dont like you should learn to live with it." So i guess it's the same for you, isn't it?... So why are you saying us we are dump***** as we just express OUR opinion. We are not trying to say that YOU MUST think the same. Everyone has his own opinion.

You say to us "no u won't have coop u b*stards* and we just say "we want coop" and not "we want coop INSTEAD of dm"... And we should be the ones to blame... See the subtility? Poor boy, go and buy a brain, maybe you'll understand things better then.

I'm not here to struggle against you, althought it's obvious you are only here to kick out people that want something you don't want (co-op)! And you pretend to be the smart one? What will it change for you if we have co-op mode? Huh? Absolutely nothing! You'll still be able to proove your friends you are virtually the Master of Killing in DM mode... Guess you got some probs in real life so u need DM to try to proove you're good at something. Sheeesh how hard is it to explain simple thing to you simple guys...

Plus you ALREADY HAVE DM, so wtf is wrong with you? Can you try to answer just this question?

Waiting for your reply...

Monkey44
19th Oct 2003, 02:46
yama

It boggles my mind that one can be as worked up as you are over something as stupid as a feature in a computer game. I am not going to stoop down to a level where im going to fight another person on some game forum just because they like a feature i dont. Man you really need to grow up, and if you are in fact grown up than you need to mature a lot more, why would you react this way over co-op, why would you react this way over anything that has to do with a COMPUTER GAME. My God its like im talking to a 7 year old. Ill tell you what, just for the sake that im sick of arguing with you lets say that you won this little argument and move on cause your starting to get on my nerves.

Yama Gema
19th Oct 2003, 11:36
I need to grow up? Wahaha sure i'm not as smart as you are... :rolleyes:

Well guy, you said "I am not going to stoop down to a level where im going to fight another person on some game forum just because they like a feature i dont." Goooooood that's the point i was reacting too! But it seem you haven't understood it this way. The thing is if you don't like this option, don't try to convice other who like it that it's crap. Simple isn't it? If Pyro's team add coop to C3, then everybody would be happy, that's our goal reacting this way. And you would still be able to play DM, so support us! More options more fun...

Btw, i'm not overreacting to get coop in C3, i'm overreacting abt you fellows saying it's a crap option we don't need! Cause i can't understand the use a such an argument. If you don't like it, just don't play it! It won't cost you anything more!

Oh and btw, "your starting to get on my nerves." Who is overreacting now?? Maybe you've finally understood how right i am...?

"lets say that you won this little argument " woooh how smart!! Thx guy, but it's obvious that i won, it's useless to try to get face man!

See ya... And COOP RULEZ! Oh yeah! :D

Mike_B
19th Oct 2003, 14:47
That's enough guys. Fight this out somewhere else.