PDA

View Full Version : This game sucks!

MountainDewNut
15th Oct 2003, 03:10
...blood that is. lol. When I first saw this article in Game Informer, I was intregued. From the article the game sounds really good. I'm sure I'd have to start out from the begining to understand the story, but I'm up to that. (What is the order of the series?)

Umah Bloodomen
15th Oct 2003, 03:16
You were really looking for trouble weren't you? :p

Man, I don't know if I could've saved you from my fellow vamps, dear. ;)

The director of the LOK series actually explained that those who aren't up-to-date with the series thus far, will not have to start at the beginning to understand the story of LOKD.

The order of release is:

BO (Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain)
SR (Soul Reaver)
SR2 (Soul Reaver 2)
BO2 (Blood Omen 2)
LOKD (Legacy of Kain: Defiance)

When you have time, you may want to give this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24650) a look as to what order of play is recommended.

And with that out of the way, welcome to Nosgoth, MDN! :)

I've corrupted another one. Muhahahah!

EDIT: Slight clarification. ;)

Unholy Messiah
15th Oct 2003, 03:57
Man, I thought this was the beginning of what I expected would happen as the game neared/is released: Alot of new people coming around starting a bunch of crap, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it isn't so... welcome to the boards chief... :)

Umah Bloodomen
15th Oct 2003, 03:58
We've got to keep an eye on this one, Unholy Messiah. He's a tricky devil. :p

Unholy Messiah
15th Oct 2003, 04:06
yeah, I woulda felt sorry for him if it was what I thought it was, cause I'm sure an onslaught of flaming would have ensued from various people... :D

The Amazing Rando
15th Oct 2003, 04:08
lol, I wasn't sure I was in the right forum when I saw MDN here.

This site (http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/) also has a good amount of info on the series, so that it will make a bit more sense.

MountainDewNut
15th Oct 2003, 04:26
Stronger points of the previous game have been broght over to this game, but yet making it a new and enjoyable experience. Kain and Raziel will switch off during the game at specific points in the game. At first the two hunt themselves down, until they discover a shared, more deadly enemy. Deeper details on the plot wern't clear, but the storyline of this game won't let fans down.
One area of improvement in the game is the combat system. The combat system uses the four face buttons on the two game consoles it's going to be released on, including combos and unlockable moves. Climbing and jumping is another shared move between Kain and Raziel other than the ability to use telekenesis. Kain has the ability to turn himself into a mist and pass through solid objects, while Raziel can go from the physcal to the spectral planes. During his shift between the planes, Raziel uses the remaining fleash of the dead to construct himself on the other plane.
That's the basics of the article not sure if anyone has heard this stuff before, but I thought I'd post it for those who possible haven't

Stephenls
15th Oct 2003, 04:34
Originally posted by MountainDewNut
Stronger points of the previous game have been broght over to this game, but yet making it a new and enjoyable experience. Kain and Raziel will switch off during the game at specific points in the game. At first the two hunt themselves down, until they discover a shared, more deadly enemy. Deeper details on the plot wern't clear, but the storyline of this game won't let fans down.
One area of improvement in the game is the combat system. The combat system uses the four face buttons on the two game consoles it's going to be released on, including combos and unlockable moves. Climbing and jumping is another shared move between Kain and Raziel other than the ability to use telekenesis. Kain has the ability to turn himself into a mist and pass through solid objects, while Raziel can go from the physcal to the spectral planes. During his shift between the planes, Raziel uses the remaining fleash of the dead to construct himself on the other plane.
That's the basics of the article not sure if anyone has heard this stuff before, but I thought I'd post it for those who possible haven't

All old news, though your helpful attitude is much appreciated.