PDA

View Full Version : Official Release Date

gamergirl
14th Oct 2003, 17:57
The trailer on dxinvisiblewar.com says 12-3-03. I hope that's official, final and carved in stone, 'cause I want to request some vacation days from 12-3 to 12-5 ;)

Coyote
14th Oct 2003, 20:59
Me Too!
I've been watching catman's "Important: Release Date: The Official Word -- No News Yet" and wondering why he hasn't updated it yet? His silence is a little deafening

btw, wtf constitutes an "official announcement"? wouldn't the eidos website seem to fit the bill ?

Quillan
14th Oct 2003, 21:35
He mentioned it in another post. Eidos themselves have not come out and said "It will be in stores Dec 3rd!", so right now it COULD just be advertising hype. He doesn't want to post until he finds a real Eidos announcement showing a date, and not something someone could have snuck in while doing an update.

Luk
14th Oct 2003, 21:39
In France, Eidos France told us January 2004 but they've the translation job to do...

Wait&see :)

(If Eidos thinks they can afford missing Xmas, DX2 is really a great game ;))

gamergirl
15th Oct 2003, 01:50
Ion Storm has been very careful not to publish a date until now. The closest they have come until now is to say what half of the year it would be. With 12-3-03 on the trailer, I can't help but think that's The Date. The stores also are saying 12-3 now.

yippeeyippeeyippeeyippeeyippee!

(I hope)

Catman
15th Oct 2003, 12:53
What appears in an advertisement is far from official. Here's what counts as official: Grey Mouser or RedLegg tells me that the game is set to ship to retailers; or one of them posts a release date.

Pardon me if I seem overly cautious, but I do not want to appear to make promises on behalf of Eidos without proper backing.

Coyote
15th Oct 2003, 13:32
Pardon my curiosity, but do Grey Mouser & RedLegg work for Eidos?

(a Luk, votre anglais n'est pas mal)

coldblue
15th Oct 2003, 15:21
Nah, those are just the names of Catman's gerbils. He says they tell him everything.

Its kind of wierd.

Coyote
15th Oct 2003, 19:13
coldblue

ROFLOL !

arthas2500
15th Oct 2003, 20:09
Is that the world release date or it's only for the US ?

blackeye
15th Oct 2003, 21:46
us only, i think europe will follow a couple of week later (2 months ?) later, but i have no idea about asia ...

Kenji
16th Oct 2003, 02:46
I atleast hope the whole December date in the adds and on the game sites mean that it will come out some time December. I just hope they don't rush a hack job out and force us to download a patch two friggin' days after release.

That seems to be the trend with PC games these days. It's really getting sad. However, I doubt Eidos will miss the chance to be available for Christmas, that would be a serious mistake where it counts for any business, in the wallet. Well they can count on my $50 bucks or whatever it will cost, if this is even 1/2 as good as the original it will be worth a romp.

As for the release dates in the UK and Asia... Like the average spoiled American that I am. I say "Who Cares?". Just kidding, I don't want you brits flaming me :-)

Here is to a Solid release!

FliX
16th Oct 2003, 13:56
beginning of feburary for europe

that 2 Months later than the US

WTF

how can any company afford to do this kinda stuff
i mean hello
there are a shed load of gamers in europe waiting for this game, why shoudl the us ppl get it 2 month earlyer...

i dont see a good reason.
NONE nada

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i know alot of europeans that are pissed at eidos for this...

just so you knwo nearly all of www.de2files.com staff are europeen... and we are well angry about this. :mad:

this will only lead to europeans downloading the game, because they want to play it just as bad as the us ppl do.

-FliX

Foten
16th Oct 2003, 14:01
Originally posted by blackeye
us only, i think europe will follow a couple of week later (2 months ?) later, but i have no idea about asia ...
Well i think it will come to europe like a week after cuase Max Payne: The Fall of Max Payne comes to Sweden about a week after the US release. But thats just what i think.;)

FliX
16th Oct 2003, 14:11
Originally posted by Foten
Well i think it will come to europe like a week after cuase Max Payne: The Fall of Max Payne comes to Sweden about a week after the US release. But thats just what i think.;)

most games come to europe rather quickly
MaxPayne has the advantege that Remedy come from scandinavia

Foten
16th Oct 2003, 14:13
yea but anyway

FliX
16th Oct 2003, 14:17
just to prove my point

http://www.de2files.com/file.news?ID=7069

Random
16th Oct 2003, 14:52
Chris Carollo posted a message on the Ion boards and brought up a key point: DX:IW has 30000 lines of dialogue, all of which must be translated into various languages, and that takes a lot of time.

If there are any Australians reading, the current word from the Aussie distributor is that we are getting the US version, meaning there's no delay here, at least for the PC. Dunno if PAL conversion will slow down the Xbox.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
16th Oct 2003, 15:08
translating from american to english shouldn't take so long.

dave9191
16th Oct 2003, 15:20
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
translating from american to english shouldn't take so long.

Hehe, what translating :)

But if the rumors are true that DXIW is coming to Europe 2 months later.... thats just one big joke. If they miss the xmas deadline they will loose out a lot of sales.

And on another note, if they do delay the European release by 2 months Im sure that most people who would cosider buying it would have completed it several times over. There are pleanty of warez monkeys out there :o

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
16th Oct 2003, 17:15
(yes, after all some people will have finished HL2 months BEFORE it is released...)

Hehe, what translating

yes, that was my point

TehFreak
16th Oct 2003, 19:02
well, dx1 had a simultaneous worldwide release ( i think)
here's to hoping....
*downs the vodka*

gamergirl
16th Oct 2003, 19:44
http://www.dxinvisiblewar.com now says "In stores 12-3-03" right on the first page!

YAY! Vacation time is approved. I'm ready!

FliX
16th Oct 2003, 19:46
Originally posted by Random
Chris Carollo posted a message on the Ion boards and brought up a key point: DX:IW has 30000 lines of dialogue, all of which must be translated into various languages, and that takes a lot of time..

yea so THATS why the UK isnt getting the game :rolleyes:

i should hope A LOT that the syncronisation is awsom....
most of the dialouge could have allready been transelated, at least into the main languages... German French Spanish... :confused: take an example of ALL Raven games, they all get released with multiple languages in one game

WAY TO GO.

Luk
16th Oct 2003, 19:46
Originally posted by TehFreak
here's to hoping....
*downs the vodka*

The non-english versions must be delayed because of the translation.
The (non-official) release date in France is January...

FliX
16th Oct 2003, 19:51
here's to hoping....
*downs the vodka*

you got a glass for me, i drink it stiff on ice :D

Luk
16th Oct 2003, 20:09
I've just seen a confirmation here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=97379) this :

Due out on PC and Xbox at the end of the year in the US, then early 2004 in Europe, you can enjoy exclusive screenshots from the title on this very page.

I hope they will do a good translation... (Sorry for the UK residents but the translation US <--> UK seems to be a little harder than I thought ;))

gamergirl
16th Oct 2003, 20:12
Will the US version be available in Europe? Just curious.

Luk
16th Oct 2003, 20:20
no but it could easily be bought on Amazon.

Don't tempt me :)

Quillan
16th Oct 2003, 20:27
I think we can mark THIS down as official:

http://www.eidosinteractive.com/games/info.html?gmid=125

DECEMBER 3RD BABY!

Freddo
16th Oct 2003, 21:12
Nope. DX1 was released in europe about 2 months (august) after the US release (june). And yes, that was the english version of the game.

I'm not surprised that it happens again, but I'm a bit dissapointed. I'm just gonna play the demo to death, just like I did with the DX1 demo :D KOTOR will hopefully give me some nice gaming time aswell :)

Coyote
16th Oct 2003, 21:29
I don't know that eidos should be blamed for the delyaed release in europe. The distribution channels there are not as "open" as those in the US. I lived in France, germany and England and when I tried to move products through, it was a tougher than the US. They are, in many ways, a lot more controlled and tighter.

It's not like the cd's are burned here and shipped there. I think burned in Asia.

I'm pretty sure Eidos w/love IW to be sold there before XMas, but can't get distribution network to do it.

Kenji
16th Oct 2003, 21:43
I don't understand why the English speakers don't just get the US version. I know we (Americans) don't have that pretty little accent the brits like to flaunt, but I'm sure you can understand it.

As for the others, let them wait, it's not like I see any of them *****ing on this board :-)

Quillan
16th Oct 2003, 22:31
Part of it may be hardware format.

Random
16th Oct 2003, 23:31
Originally posted by FliX
yea so THATS why the UK isnt getting the game :rolleyes:

i should hope A LOT that the syncronisation is awsom....
most of the dialouge could have allready been transelated, at least into the main languages... German French Spanish... :confused: take an example of ALL Raven games, they all get released with multiple languages in one game

WAY TO GO.

I'm only guessing on the UK situation because I don't know how distribution works. But the UK is part of Europe, and the Euro versions come shipped with different languages. It sucks for the English speaking countries, but that's how it always works.

As for Raven's games ... show me a Raven game with 30000 lines of text and we'll see. ;)

You can't just perform the translations on the fly because the text in the game is constantly changing right up until release, so the translators would have to constantly go back and change things, which isn't really cost efficient.

dave9191
17th Oct 2003, 00:29
I would be very happy with the US version... but I am not paying twice as much for the game to get it from abroad. I looked it up and it would cost me about £50 to get it from the US and £25 to get it over here... If the UK dont get the game soon after the US I will be very dissapointed.

arthas2500
17th Oct 2003, 09:36
Originally posted by Luk
The non-english versions must be delayed because of the translation.
The (non-official) release date in France is January...

January in France ?!

I'll import it

I CAN'T WAIT TILL JANUARY !

dave9191
17th Oct 2003, 14:37
Originally posted by arthas2500
January in France ?!

I'll import it

I CAN'T WAIT TILL JANUARY !

To annoy you more, its more likely feb. I saw feb 6th for the Euro version. :'(

Esquire
19th Oct 2003, 11:38
you people got me all worried now. so i went to GAME.co.uk and they say Deus Ex Invisible War Availability: Preorder - Q1-2004
this scared me a little, but then i looked at da screenshots of DXIW on da page and they were the old-school ones. So am still happy to believe that i will be gettin DXIW on the 3rd of December 2003!
By the way.. does anyone know why UK and Germany has to register to enter the www.deusex.com site. When i click on US it goes straight through to www.dxinvisiblewar.com. but when i click on UK or Germany, it asks me to register, and still doesnt even take me through to the www.dxinvisiblewar.com site

dave9191
19th Oct 2003, 21:56
I doubt that a shop would bother updating screenshots, just the release date. If you want to get worried ask the shops directly. Or look at the eidos.co.uk page that states DXIW release for 2004. The eidos.com (US) states 3/12/03.

Again same thing for the deusex site. The US flag takes you to the US site that has the US info on it. Mainly the release date. The UK and German ones dont have release dates and only offers you the chance to register to get the up to date info.

I can only hope that you are right and that we can get the game on the 3 Dec, but everything points to the fact that they dont really care about the rest of the world and wont be bothering to get the game to us before Xmas.

Luk
19th Oct 2003, 22:27
And the french version in not even ready :(

blackeye
19th Oct 2003, 22:53
Originally posted by Kenji
As for the others, let them wait, it's not like I see any of them *****ing on this board :-)
this is an english forum, maybe that has something to do with it:
those from abroad who read/write here wouldn't mind playing the US version methinks (like me), and the only ones who speak the "same" language but have to wait anyway are the UK english speakers (no offence) so it is up to them to ***** about it :D

btw, lucky enough, here in belgium (at least in flanders: the dutch speaking part) we don't translate anything, we just put subtitles for movies (no matter what language) and just leave games as they are ... the only translation we need is the info on the box and the manual, because in belgium they have to show product information in both dutch and french (according to the law)

so they could just import the us version and translate the box, even as we write :D (unlikely) ... so it's up to the distributers

Hwarang
20th Oct 2003, 06:22
I reckon the Australian release will be a couple of days or a week after the US one, if not around the same time, that's usually the way it is over here. I'm pretty sure they just send over the US version :D .

Hwarang.

ADP
20th Oct 2003, 11:42
Hey Hwarang

Originally posted by Random

If there are any Australians reading, the current word from the Aussie distributor is that we are getting the US version, meaning there's no delay here, at least for the PC. Dunno if PAL conversion will slow down the Xbox.
He is a Moderator, so he may know what he is talking about!

Random
20th Oct 2003, 13:14
Originally posted by ADP
Hey Hwarang

He is a Moderator, so he may know what he is talking about!

I wouldn't go that far. ;) That info is from the editor of an Aussie games mag (PC Powerplay), who got the info from Atari, the distributor.

It's a strange situation here: sometimes the games we get are the US version, sometimes the Euro version. Since DX:IW is fairly highly anticipated, Atari would be smart to get their hands on the game as soon as possible, so here's hoping they grab the US version if they can.

If nothing else, being a mod here will get a bit awkward if I haven't played the game. ;)

Machinax
20th Oct 2003, 14:34
Does anyone know when the game's going to be released in the Middle East? I think the shipping there is from Europe, but I'm not sure.

FliX
20th Oct 2003, 15:08
Originally posted by Kenji
I don't understand why the English speakers don't just get the US version. I know we (Americans) don't have that pretty little accent the brits like to flaunt, but I'm sure you can understand it.

i am from germany and i AM *****ing... :rolleyes:

krzyszeczka
21st Oct 2003, 12:23
Originally posted by blackeye
btw, lucky enough, here in belgium (at least in flanders: the dutch speaking part) we don't translate anything, we just put subtitles for movies (no matter what language) and just leave games as they are ... the only translation we need is the info on the box and the manual, because in belgium they have to show product information in both dutch and french (according to the law)
so they could just import the us version and translate the box, even as we write :D (unlikely) ... so it's up to the distributers

lucky you...
here in poland we always wait about 2 months longer than UK/France and usually the game is being translated by some very unprofessional guys and it sounds... well it's funny, but annoying too.
mostly, there's no chance of buying english version, unless you want to get a pirate version (speaking of which - more 50% of games in poland are pirate versions).

so all you european people, so worried that the game might be delayed in your countries!
COME TO POLAND! YOU'LL WAIT ADDITIONAL 2 MONTHS!!!
:D :D :D

/with love from warsaw... ;P

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Oct 2003, 15:54
I was looking at amazon websites in UK and US, and I found this:

US (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009WDLD/qid=1066751434/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-1513298-5085719?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846)

and

UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008NA6Z/ref=sr_aps_videogames_1_1/026-7148108-8698841)

if you consider £1=$1.67, this makes the UK version around 42$.

so that's $8 for 2 month...I think I'm gonna get the US versions, still

gareis
21st Oct 2003, 15:59
If you want it sooner (but after first release) and don't mind if it's in English, get it online. I'm guessing that some stores will ship it anywhere in the world, albeit with a hefty shipping fee. At worst, perhaps someone here would be willing to act as an intermediary.

dave9191
21st Oct 2003, 17:03
Krzyszeczka, I feel for you. I know that you get games late in Poland, thats why I moved to the UK :P And now this...

And Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames, sorry to burst your bubble. But its about $1.54 to a £1. That makes the US version £32. Compared to the £25 its going to be when it comes out. Then you have to look at post and packing. And duty tax. Most shops offer P&P at $20 for fast shipping. I have seen amazon with cheaper P&P with 14 days dilvery BUT they dont ship outside the US, for this title. So you'd be paying around £45 for the game from the US and any duty tax they slap on it. So at least £20 more... :mad:

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Oct 2003, 17:20
hmmm I just checked on yahoo, actually. it was written £1 = $1.67 and some other decimals...

(I checked because I found it strange that the price was so different)

dave9191
21st Oct 2003, 19:25
I just had a look now as well, it is 1.67$ to a £1. I got my figure from a visa bill a couple of weeks old. That still makes it 40 quid with shipping and any duty tax ontop of that. And by Dec the dollar may go up in value.

ADP
22nd Oct 2003, 06:04
Why not check out this site (http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/). They offer free shipping anywhere in the world. at snail mail speed, but if you want express postage an additional fee which is one of the best I have seen will be charged. See here for prices (http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/faqmain.asp?id=FB42EF4D-51B4-47BD-AEDF)
They charge $15.00 canadian which is about 6.80 pound or 9.75 euro for anywhere in western europe.

No I dont work for this company, they are on the other side of the world, I just saw what people were saying about ridiculous shipping fees from places like amazon and I thought I would let you know
:)

krzyszeczka
22nd Oct 2003, 14:18
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dave9191
[B]Krzyszeczka, I feel for you. I know that you get games late in Poland, thats why I moved to the UK :P

thnx, Dave...
well, i guess the only choice for me is to wait (and maybe play the dx again (for the 327862378.(9) time ;)

/ oh no, mr.denton... i've already been shot once, thank you /

aquinasproject
18th Nov 2003, 23:20
Anyone else think its funny.

Random
19th Nov 2003, 01:06
I would have thought it was obvious, when I locked your thread and pointed you at the sticky thread, that discussion about the release date is supposed to go in that sticky.