PDA

View Full Version : On the subject of health meters

blincoln
14th Oct 2003, 00:48
Amy emailed me earlier today to let me know that the meters shown in the latest issue of Gamepro are not the final versions, just placeholders (although Kain's is pretty close to the way it will look in the retail game).

Both characters will have a round health meter (the blood-globe for Kain and the spiral for Raziel), a horizontal Reaver meter (to show how charged-up it is), and a vertical TK meter. Apparently Kain's health meter will also grow upwards when he gets health upgrades.

kain520
16th Oct 2003, 22:24
SSSSSSSSWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEtttTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt!!!!!! cheers m8 sounds good

Skemphyy
17th Oct 2003, 00:29
so will the health be upgraded with the reaver?

§ycavier
17th Oct 2003, 01:15
OH Yeah can't beat the good ol' spiral.

Omega
17th Oct 2003, 12:35
Originally posted by blincoln
... (to show how charged-up it is)...

Hmmm... I wondering, would this act like the Soul Reaver 2 Reaver, draining the yielder of their life force?

Thanks for the info though Amy & Ben :)

fneh
17th Oct 2003, 12:40
I doubt it. I'm guessing it just indicates how close you are to doing a special move.

I can't see the reaver hurting you anymore seeing as you don't have a choice of using it or not.
plus the SR2 reaver kinda stopped you feeding. raziel wouldn't stay in material long if he couldn't ever feed...

N0V4
17th Oct 2003, 12:42
I think the raver should work a lil bit more like Shinobi's sword.
Its should attack you not if you feed it to much but if you forget to feed it enough.

Stephenls
17th Oct 2003, 13:39
Originally posted by N0V4
I think the raver should work a lil bit more like Shinobi's sword.
Its should attack you not if you feed it to much but if you forget to feed it enough.

I hope it works in a way that is equally different from SR2 and Shinobi.