PDA

View Full Version : Your Defiance Excitement

LOKFan
11th Oct 2003, 09:24
I was just wondering who here is still as excited about Defiance as they were when it was announced, when the trailers came out etc.

I must admit that my excitement for Defiance has slightly gone down but it is still strong!

LoK#1
11th Oct 2003, 09:51
this is the first game i have really anticapated ,even when i was waiting for sr2 to comer out i never had the internet so i couldnt look up anything ,and i will last untill end of November no problem ,ive waited the last year and a half for a conclusion to sr2

Omega
11th Oct 2003, 12:43
The top one :)

This is the first game I've really wanted to come out (second only to Soul Reaver 2) and since I've got a website (albeit, still under construction :p) I've had to find info about, and this has made me go all hyper and squeel like a girl at times...

But only at times :p

first-born
11th Oct 2003, 15:42
i am as anxious as ever, the only thing i felt stronger about is my gurlfriend, an that's a lot to say

fneh
11th Oct 2003, 16:45
I dont fall under any of your categories.

While I'm excited about this game, I'd hardly say I've never been so excited in my whole life. It's only a game..

but yeah, I can't wait. I am trying to divert my attention to Kingdom hearts 2 and other squaresoft offerings though lately. I wish we just got a little more official info. Aside from die hard fans no one seems to even know what defiance is. We need some decent hype to pull in ordinary gamers.

Unholy Messiah
11th Oct 2003, 17:26
I've tried to get my friends into it, but they just say either "the story is too confusing" or "the games just seem boring to me"... I would imagine that the "average gamer" probably says the same things when it comes to LOK... or other things less constructive, but i'm not going to post them here... :cool:

hippiechk
11th Oct 2003, 18:46
While Defiance is my most highly anticipated game ever, there have been other things in my life that I was more excited about. (Like my wedding, the birth of my daughter, vactions, art projects and jobs, etc.) So I did not vote.

Yeah, I can't wait to play this game, but it is just a game and it will not alter my life in any way. It will just be a source of enjoyment. Nothing more, nothing less. Although, I do expect to neglect responsibilities during my first play through. LOL! Eh, it won't be the first time. I've done it with other games too. Man, my husband gets pissed! LOL!

PsychoVamp
11th Oct 2003, 18:49
Originally posted by first-born
i am as anxious as ever, the only thing i felt stronger about is my gurlfriend, an that's a lot to say

Same here my G/F ranks higher. LOKD is on the second teir though..........I can assure you of that.

Stephenls
11th Oct 2003, 23:13
I checked the first option. It's actually not the most excited I've ever been about anything ever, but OTOH my enthusiasm has been steadily building and I doubt it'll go into decline until after the game's out.

Mordred
12th Oct 2003, 03:58
i dont fit under any of them, i dont get excited about them, its a lok game thus i buy it, that simple, dont care wether the game is the best thing sinse sliced bread or total crap, just buy it anyway.

only one i got excited about (apart from when i first played BO) was when BO2 was announced, but once i saw it was more like SR than BO, i lost the excite ment for it, still bought it tho.

i have bought ever lok game on the day of release, and will continue to do so,

Darcketh
12th Oct 2003, 05:21
As a fan of the series I am waiting quite eagerly for every new installation of the LoK series though I'm not so thrilled that I would be counting days and hours before the release of the game. I buy games only really seldom nowadays but LoK games have a special part in my life so even if I had just bought a game, I would still buy the next installation of the LoK series.

What happened to my previous post? Was it something stupid I wrote? Again? Damn. Well, this time I can blame my fever. :D

jsnmcdrmd
12th Oct 2003, 07:23
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't pictures myself spending every waking moment, that I can spare, between sleeping and working, playing the first and most anticipated game I've ever wanted to play. Some days I try not to think about it and try to focus on other things like the opposite sex or eating but my hunger isn't satisfied. Even only a month away I'm climbing the walls. And I know that Defiance isn't the last game in the Legacy.
Only two other things that have somewhat calmed my appetite, the Kingdom Come series action figures (by Alex Ross) and the new GM album due out around the same time as Defiance.

Cheers M8s,
Jsn.

Blade2642
12th Oct 2003, 09:04
The top one :D Though I'm learning to controll it witha drug called Morrowind...

Dragonkid
13th Oct 2003, 00:27
Ever since it was announced, there hasn't been a day go by that I haven't at least given a thought to Defiance. I've been as excited about Defiance as a weasel would be in a room full of shiny objects. ;) I don't have a boyfriend to try and avert my thoughts to and most of the people I see everyday just give me weird looks when I start talking about LOK. However, I do have a website dedicated to LOK (in construction, no worries, Omega, you're not the only one. :rolleyes: ) and I've got a bunch of artworks and stories I work on/need to finish. So...in other words, it's been: Defiance...Defiance...website...art...Defiance...stories...Defiance.
:cool:

the dark one
13th Oct 2003, 09:01
Originally posted by Darcketh
As a fan of the series I am waiting quite eagerly for every new installation of the LoK series though I'm not so thrilled that I would be counting days and hours before the release of the game. I buy games only really seldom nowadays but LoK games have a special part in my life so even if I had just bought a game, I would still buy the next installation of the LoK series.

What happened to my previous post? Was it something stupid I wrote? Again? Damn. Well, this time I can blame my fever. :D

yes, let me do that I have a count down on my cell phone last I looked I had 37 days, 15 hrs, and 5 mins :) I just hope when I get to 7 days the release date is not changed!

Alastor
14th Oct 2003, 00:51
I'm still hyped. Although my excitement has also been slightly lessened, even it is not enough to take me away from my day-dreams of defiance. **sighs** Goes back to day dreaming.

N0V4
17th Oct 2003, 00:18
Must have more L.O.K!!!!

I'm addicted to Kain since 96 :P
Need more!!!

LOKFan
18th Oct 2003, 08:16
Whoa! Who voted for 'I don't care about Defiance anymore'?

Apocrypha Roxy
18th Oct 2003, 17:19
My waiting for this game is like a die-hard crack addict in need of rehab... :p

-dances- Woo hoo only a month away! And I have all the money I need to buy it! I better call EB and reserve a copy before they sell out... hehehe...

RAWR! :p

I'm keeping away from caffiene. Otherwise I'd be running up and down walls. The Weasel analogy fits me perfectly. A plus is that I like shiny things. :D

Amara Moonshade
20th Oct 2003, 20:53
I go all dreamy when anyone mentions defiance, AND I DON'T JUST MEAN THE GAME.
Just the other day my sister told me that I had inherited my defiance from my mum, I scared her by staring out into space and reciting various quotes from SR2 and BO2, (she can't see the beauty in the various screenshots released in magazines).