PDA

View Full Version : The little things you loved about Deus Ex.

NamelessOne
11th Oct 2003, 04:55
There were a lot of things that were obviously great in Deus Ex. Storyline, acting, gameplay, it had it all.

What I want to discuss in this thread are the "little" things. What small feature did you notice that you think pushed Deus Ex up from a great game into a classic one.

One of the things I liked was that the game had a different response if you completed a "quest" before talking talking to person that gives you it. In most RPG's, there might be a quest by an NPC to kill Monster A. Once you kill it, you come back to the NPC and say its done, and he gives you your reward. But if you kill Monster A before talking to the guy, he still gives you the quest without realising that its done, and you end the conversation, and have to start it up again to tell him that its done.

In Deus Ex, JC will inform him that its done immediately. This helped the immersion a lot I think, it felt like something was actually happening.

Another thing that I loved was that despite the fact that the story was essentially linear, you could do things your own way and still continue with the story. eg. When your brother tells you to talk to the guy in the plane, you can believe his story but do nothing, or kill him, or even kill Anna Navarre. It only slightly modifies the story but it adds so much to the "feel" of the game. This happens quite a few times.

What little things did you guys like?

Machinax
11th Oct 2003, 06:37
I liked how even the most non-essential NPCs had their own backstory and lives. Remember the NSF leader in the mole people tunnels? When you confronted him, he said he didn't want to fight, that he was just an accountant. My dad's an accountant, so that really brought the game home for me.

There were so many other instances of that kind of thing happening, but it was touches like those that made Deus Ex less of a "game" and more of an "experience" for me.

NamelessOne
11th Oct 2003, 07:52
Yeah, I remember sneaking next to one of the NSF in the first level and hearing him remark to the guy next to him about how he hasn't had any training and hes not ready... Made me feel sorry for him.

I think NOLF (No one lives forever) did this well too. I remember seeing 2 guards next to a door and was about blow em away with a machine gun then I heard them talking. One guy talks about how he plays an instrument, and the other guy says hes in a band and they play on Sundays, and invites the first guy to join them. I decided against killing them and snuck past instead....

auric
11th Oct 2003, 12:19
Yeah, ethics take alot of effect in the game.

That's why after playing quietly in my first round sparing as much as possible, I decide to be even more quiet in the 2nd round sneaking almost everyone & let my NPC friends do the killing.

But that also means leaving hostages alone. :p

I was trying to sneak all the way, in some levels its hard to do so like in the last.

I used Helios to help me there, I release he's bots to kill the monsters, while those where no Helios to help I jump around & ran as fast as possible to avoid being hit, not quite sneaky, but hey they're monsters not people, being spotted by them is ok.

First time I play, I was totally shock when Paul asked me to silently "take them to bed" Cause I nvr played any game that can stun except for researching purposes [X-Com] or just another weapon or to keep kills low so can get high rank [Hitman 2]

I didn't know about the game that time, my "real brother" bought it & I recognise the picture 7 asked why he bought it, doesn't look any different then other FPS.

"Don't judge a game by its Cover" :p

I'm glad he bought it or I may "never" know it or even been in this site reading all this wonderful things.

Trollslayer
11th Oct 2003, 12:32
Decision-making, NPC interaction, and character customization.

Machinax
11th Oct 2003, 15:48
Originally posted by NamelessOne
Yeah, I remember sneaking next to one of the NSF in the first level and hearing him remark to the guy next to him about how he hasn't had any training and hes not ready... Made me feel sorry for him.

I think NOLF (No one lives forever) did this well too. I remember seeing 2 guards next to a door and was about blow em away with a machine gun then I heard them talking. One guy talks about how he plays an instrument, and the other guy says hes in a band and they play on Sundays, and invites the first guy to join them. I decided against killing them and snuck past instead....

Both examples are just beautiful. Those are what makes the game for me, that it's easy to forget you're playing the game and get immersed in the experience.

And No-One Lives Forever was a pretty good game, too. Never got to play the whole thing through.

auric
11th Oct 2003, 15:52
No One Lives Forever

Never get to play, but I got the CD.

PS: I have a 40 Gigabyte Harddisk but I don't have enough space to play it. lol :D

Lawnboy360
11th Oct 2003, 16:13
I have only 8gb, so the lack of space is a motivation to finish games ASAP :) . It sure is annoying to download a 60mb trailer then get an windows saying "Not enough space to copy file to HDD, delete some stuff then try again."

I guess "The Future War On Terror" is a concession Ion Storm made to Eidos' marketing... the problem is, I don't think it will really draw people to the game... :(

auric
11th Oct 2003, 16:17
yeah, mine is full of movies & series episodes, not to mention 3 over 1 gig each games.

Tons of pictures & notepads of writings.

etc. :)

Where all my space gone :confused:

;)

Quillan
11th Oct 2003, 17:05
I just replaced my 40 gig with a 120 gig hard drive for that reason.

auric
11th Oct 2003, 17:30
How much does your 120 gig hardisk cost?

Quillan
13th Oct 2003, 01:43
The one I got is presently available at Newegg.com (http://www.newegg.com/app/Viewproduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=manufactory&catalog=14&manufactory=1306&description=&srchFor=wd1200jb) for $110 plus shipping. It's a 7200 RPM Ultra ATA 100 drive with an 8 meg cache.

Jock
13th Oct 2003, 08:28
Agreed, in the ocean lab, one of the scientists complained about the care of the animals, and agreed to help you get rid of the MJ12. First time i play, Jo Jo Fine kills the rentons, i re-load, and I walk up to him, "hi there; BOOM BOOM BOOM, auto shotgun work.

Trollslayer
13th Oct 2003, 11:40
One of the little thigns that really helped was the info scattered around that made some things more believable or come to life on their own. You could read the news on newspapers or consult bulletin boards on the web for info (it wasn't as entertaining as Uplink, or the Front Mission games), and you had people talking about somewaht releveant issues, and ideologies. The other thing was the books and diaries scattered around the game levels, very entertaining. "The Man Who Was Thursday", and "Jacob's Shadow" were very good. Wasn't TMWWT a real book, even?

Lawnboy360
13th Oct 2003, 12:12
One of the little things that really helped was the info scattered around that made some things more believable or come to life on their own.

I agree. Same for the interactivity of the environment in general.

sackme
13th Oct 2003, 12:15
The fing that made the game the game for me was the second time i played it i looked for things that i missed the first time round (and there was alot more than i expected)

for instance on liberty island some of those large crates that where lying around where medical crates and had medbots inside although you needed a lockpick to get to them it helped as it kept me alive when i had about 7 guards chasing me cause i ran out of ammo:D

This sort of thing made the game beter

Im playing it for the fourth time and im still finding fings i havent before:D

IM SHAPING THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD TO COME
AND ITS FUN:D ! THEY'RE GONA NEED LOTS OF GRAVES

Frost Giant
13th Oct 2003, 12:40
I liked the fact that every moving creature in Deus Ex was alive. I loved burning flies with my flamethrower and then looking at their little bodies on the ground. I have played some other game that had flies but they were simply lifeless sprites. I do not remeber the game at this point because I have played so many.:cool: Deus Ex is truly a magnificent game that I will continue to enjoy for a long time comming.;)

Quillan
13th Oct 2003, 18:09
Heh, I was replaying the beginning of the game recently, and used one of the cases of TNT to blow open that first storage box with the medbots in it. After doing that (and dealing with the NSF guard who came running) I went around to the opening and found a couple dead pigeons and more than a couple bloodstains where others had been obliterated.

But, I think the "little" thing I liked the most was the fact that even knowing how to get through, you could not do it fast. The game is so big that it still takes lots of time to replay it fully. You can't just sit down and blow through it in a couple hours. That adds a lot to the replay value of it; you don't get as bored going through because you still have to pay attention.

gareis
13th Oct 2003, 20:34
Originally posted by Trollslayer
One of the little thigns that really helped was the info scattered around that made some things more believable or come to life on their own. You could read the news on newspapers or consult bulletin boards on the web for info (it wasn't as entertaining as Uplink, or the Front Mission games), and you had people talking about somewaht releveant issues, and ideologies. The other thing was the books and diaries scattered around the game levels, very entertaining. "The Man Who Was Thursday", and "Jacob's Shadow" were very good. Wasn't TMWWT a real book, even?

http://www.online-literature.com/chesterton/man_thursday/

Yes, it was a real book. I wish Jacob's Ladder was as well. Perhaps someone could write it for Eidos. Who knows, it might sell well.

~gareis

Trollslayer
13th Oct 2003, 20:53
Interesting. Thank you for the heads up, gareis :D

Sourcerer
14th Oct 2003, 08:07
"Heads up JC, your brother's on his way to meet you. . ."

From the very beginning when you start on that wooden jetty and that distant crackly voice comes over the radio and that slightly nerdy face appears in the HUD. This is one game where, for once, you're not so alone.

And the adreneline and nervousness when you are hiding around a dark corner waiting for some bad ass to walk past so you can creep out and zap him with the prod

auric
14th Oct 2003, 08:11
Yeah, we're not alone.

we got our friends, family, boss, an iritating instructor & enemies to keep us company. :D

I prefer to use the baton, no ammo required & can K.O. someone in 1 shot like a prod.

Only time I use a prod is when facing in front of them, to keep them shivering.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 08:16
an iritating instructor

you mean Paul?

Only time I use a prod is when facing in front of them, to keep them shivering.

or for the MIB/WIB, from behind. faster than the baton. or maybe I should upgrade my melee skills

auric
14th Oct 2003, 09:49
No, not Paul,

Anna Navara that's who.

hmm. speaking of her, when we compare the pic of her on the CD case & the game Anna, is there anyones CG of her in the game look like on the piece of paper?

Or is it just that picture paper & CG are different.

Dr Strangelove
20th Oct 2003, 19:21
I love the newspapers, setting the scene of what is going on on the world stage.

One I particularly loved was that at one point in the game I saw that a company had won a bidding war with Page Industries over transporting ore from a mine on the moon - then later I saw one saying that their first shipment had crashed into some village in India. Coincidence? I think not.

That was just SO cool when I spotted it

Lawnboy360
20th Oct 2003, 23:27
Nice!

A mission on the moon and a space station were among the possible missions that got cut from DX. There was also another set in Texas. I'd love to see all the stuff that didn't make it in the game.

From
DX continuity bible
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/april02/dxbible/dx1/

"Near the end of the project, we held a "character insertion" meeting. The idea was to take characters that were common in the first half of the game and squeeze them into later scenes, including some potential death scenes. Believe it or not, prior to that meeting, characters like Gunther just disappeared halfway through the game."

"At one time, Texas was going to be a mission in Deus Ex."

"The DX1 design included a mission to a space station followed by a mission at the moon base. The objective was to stop "Ada," an AI that wanted to become a "benevolent" world dictator. Obviously, some of that content was folded back into the game in a slightly different way."

"The original DX plot had a series of missions involving the White House and Mt. Weather"

Also (this is an old article)
"GameSpy: The document describes the difficult cloning procedure used to make J.C. and Paul Denton. What can you tell us about Alex Denton, who was in an incubation tube in Area 51?
Harvey: We can't talk about Alex Denton at this time."

auric
21st Oct 2003, 05:04
dunno if Alex's is difficult or not, but I think he woke up too early. Maybe after what ever JC did, activated Alex to wake up & choose a form. But had no memories of what led him to DX:2 current events.

EngineerSean
24th Oct 2003, 09:23
Just in case anyone's interested in actually reading all that Jacob's Ladder stuff, you can open up the file "DeusExText.u" in notepad in your DeusEx\System directory and then just hit Ctrl+F and type in "Jacob's Ladder". They may be out of order a little bit but you can put the pieces together pretty quickly.

EDIT: This file also contains some silly quotes from the people at Ion Storm that they must have hidden in there in hopes of someone finding it.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
24th Oct 2003, 12:02
dunno if Alex's is difficult or not, but I think he woke up too early.

they unmolded him while he was still to hot (that would explain for the way he looks on the box)

forgotten
25th Oct 2003, 21:45
The little thing that really affected me during the game is the part when you had the choice to give 20 credits to a dying woman in Hong Kong. I said no and she said "i hope you die". I felt so bad that i reloaded i gave her the money!!!

Sylvester Ink
26th Oct 2003, 05:39
I liked the fact that you could smoke. And drink. And take zhyme. Doing it doesn't change gameplay, (Well, okay, it adds some challenge ;-) but it does make the game more immersive. I can't think of a single other game that has something like this. (But I'm sure it's been done before. Maybe . . .)

gareis
26th Oct 2003, 05:49
Well, I can think of hundreds, but they're all text-based. It's much easier to code something when the effects consist of a few lines of text rather than varying lengths of blurred vision and shaking.

Still, it's heading toward the ideal: a simulacrum of life, something realer than real. The physics go a long way toward this, as do the extensive conversation possibilities. Still, I'd like to be able to lie my teeth off, which seems not to be possible according to the GameSpy video.

Random pawn: "Do you work at the secret underground base? I know the code, but I can only give it to you if you work there."
Alex: "No, I don't...."

Lawnboy360
26th Oct 2003, 14:54
This concerned me too, but it's only the E3 demo. The final game is almost required to have multiple choices if you want to affect the way they like you or not, like it was mentioned in previews/interviews.

Random
26th Oct 2003, 15:22
If it's anything like DX1, we won't have many conversation options. When all the dialogue in a game is voiced, it tends to restrict the numbers of possibilities. The RPGs with lots of convo options usually have text dialogue.

Lawnboy360
26th Oct 2003, 15:40
Who knows... Star Wars : KOTOR always had good/neutral/evil choices and it was fully voiced.

Sylvester Ink
26th Oct 2003, 16:47
Oh, here's something else I forgot to mention. Deus Ex wins the award for "Dirtiest and Dingiest Toilets Ever," hands down! I mean, DARN! Those toilets were grimy! :eek:
I was waiting for some other games to try to beat DX out in this area, but I haven't seen any yet. (And I was SOOOO expecting Max Payne 1 or 2 to take the crown somewhere, but they just weren't good enough ;-)

gareis
26th Oct 2003, 17:21
Originally posted by Sylvester Ink
Oh, here's something else I forgot to mention. Deus Ex wins the award for "Dirtiest and Dingiest Toilets Ever," hands down! I mean, DARN! Those toilets were grimy! :eek:
I was waiting for some other games to try to beat DX out in this area, but I haven't seen any yet. (And I was SOOOO expecting Max Payne 1 or 2 to take the crown somewhere, but they just weren't good enough ;-)

Well, when the world's grinding to a halt, who has time to hire janitors? VersaLife! :p

Don
26th Oct 2003, 19:00
What really impressed me was the science behind the technology. The creators went to a lot of trouble to research the field of nanobionics, which happens to be what I hope to study at uni from next year. I guess it's what made me love the game so much.

Machinax
26th Oct 2003, 19:16
Originally posted by gareis
Still, I'd like to be able to lie my teeth off, which seems not to be possible according to the GameSpy video.
Random pawn: "Do you work at the secret underground base? I know the code, but I can only give it to you if you work there."
Alex: "No, I don't...."

Agreed. Maybe since then, however, Ion Storm has been able to allow for more...nefarious non-lethal manners.

Remember the female Alex talking with the Templar Paladin, from the German video?

[paraphrasing here]

TP: Who are you? You're not one of us.
AD: A Templar? No.
TP: You look modified.
AD: Maybe I am.

Amazon Warrior
27th Oct 2003, 01:52
One of my favourite bits was ransacking that apartment in Paris, while the couple who lived there chatted about emigrating to America to throttle extinct grizzly bears, or something. It was hilarious! Especially when they gave me clues like 'the arms dealer lives next door' ROFLMAO! It took considerable prodding to piss them off enough to chase me. ;)

Also the bouncer in La Porte de L'Enfer. I snuck in using lock picks or somesuch, then used the vents in the toilets to get to his little room. He harrassed me for not paying, and JC was like, 'make me!' Sadly, he wussed out, and I wasn't going to fire first. Wise of him, since I was casually pointing the GEP in his face! Obviously his plans for the evening didn't include dying... :D

And any bits where unexpected people had access to your infolink. It properly made me jump when someone like Simons or Page started menacing me in the comfort of my own head.:eek:

F3nyx
27th Oct 2003, 02:13
The creepiest part of the whole game was when you're in the MJ12 facility in Paris, and the phone rings and it's Icarus. It also freaked me out when I'd go to a news terminal, and it would be filled with stuff like "ICARUS FOUND YOU!"

I loved the conversation about politics with the bartender at the Lucky Money... in fact, I loved the Lucky Money in general. The Russians, the lesbians, the thugs, Mercedes, it was great.

Also, the part of the game when Walton Simons "interrogates" the NSF guys at UNATCO HQ was chilling.

And Shannon! Shannon was hilarious... I have her "How unprofessional" line as one of my Windows error sounds (sound file came with the GOTY edition). I couldn't believe they wrote a special part of the script just for people (like me) who were perverse enough to delve into the ladies' room.

Amazon Warrior
27th Oct 2003, 02:28
See, I could have gone into the Ladies justifiably, since I'm female, and might have got a bit gender-confused...;)

Still got told off for it tho! :p

Show me someone who didn't like the Lucky Money, and I'll show you someone who's tired of the DX world... That place was brilliant! 'I like a man with a lot of zippers!'- Woman on door. La Porte De L'Enfer was ok, but lacked the atmosphere. Prolly cos of the heavy MJ12 military presence... That sort of thing can put a downer on your party. :D

Mmmm. Simons freaked me out lots more than Page did. Guy was a nutter with the law behind him.

(I'm gonna get flamed for this, I know, but it has to be said)
At the end, either just before you enter the room with all the bodies of the clones in it, or in it, Page threatens you with your ultimate nemesis or something, and I noticed that one of the clone-chambers was empty. I was fully expecting some massive boss battle with a clone of myself or something, not the reality, which was a few bots and beasts. After all I'd been through, it was slightly disappointing. Do away with the UCs, and the place was mine for the exploring.

Lawnboy360
27th Oct 2003, 03:10
Little Q&A from the DX continuity bible on the topic of Bob Page:

GameSpy: In the document, Bob Page is described as having a "cyber-assimilated form" and "control over an army of nano-creatures and fairly amazing power over the elements." Bob Page as implemented in the game was not a typical, powerful end-boss like this description suggests he was meant to be. What made you decide to handle the ending in the cool way that you did?
Harvey: I love parts of our endgame plan -- like allowing for multiple endings with radically different fictional implications, and I like having various characters pull you in different directions -- but Bob Page was a disappointment to me. We clearly didn't want it to boil down to a Big Boss Fight. ("You can't fight ideas with bullets!") But early on we hoped that it would feel more like Page was gaining mastery over the environment… that he was becoming a holistic force (first in Area 51, later in the world).

Machinax
27th Oct 2003, 03:25
Originally posted by F3nyx
... the lesbians...

Mmm....lesbians....[drools].

The Grimpond
27th Oct 2003, 06:47
Best part was the baddies running with the big drips flying from them... and picking up bodies.

Amazon Warrior
27th Oct 2003, 14:41
GameSpy: In the document, Bob Page is described as having a "cyber-assimilated form" and "control over an army of nano-creatures and fairly amazing power over the elements." Bob Page as implemented in the game was not a typical, powerful end-boss like this description suggests he was meant to be. What made you decide to handle the ending in the cool way that you did?
Harvey: I love parts of our endgame plan -- like allowing for multiple endings with radically different fictional implications, and I like having various characters pull you in different directions -- but Bob Page was a disappointment to me. We clearly didn't want it to boil down to a Big Boss Fight. ("You can't fight ideas with bullets!") But early on we hoped that it would feel more like Page was gaining mastery over the environment… that he was becoming a holistic force (first in Area 51, later in the world).
Ye-es. I do see what you/they mean. A big set-piece battle a la HL, for example, wouldn't have satisfied me any more. In fact, less. Frankly, I completed the last few levels of HL out of sheer grudge- I'd come so far, I wasn't going to just give up. But possibly I was after some sort of situation where Bob Page was in his blue tanky thing controlling everything, and 'slaved' JC and WS clones appeared every now and then to make life more difficult, eg reopening the UCs, trying to kill you, etc. Don't get me wrong, the three choices scenario at the end completely blew my mind, especially as I'd been playing it so intensively. On the one hand, I really wanted to stick it to Page, but I didn't want to hand over power to the Illuminati. I also didn't want to bring down global comms, but until I had a chat with Helios, it seemed the most moral choice. I went with Helios in the end because I felt that a completely impartial AI government would be better than the foibles and fallabilities of people. Sometimes what people need is not what they think they want. It took me ages to decide that tho.

Dr Strangelove
27th Oct 2003, 18:54
Illuminati all the way!
Techno-magi of the DX era
(Helios freaks me out. You can't trust him... There would be absolutely no moderation to his power)

Amazon Warrior
27th Oct 2003, 20:15
I thought the reason Helios wanted to merge with JC was to find out what humans desired. In effect, JC would act as the moderator.

forgotten
27th Oct 2003, 21:53
Originally posted by Amazon Warrior
I thought the reason Helios wanted to merge with JC was to find out what humans desired. In effect, JC would act as the moderator.

He did, i remember when you see a dead body he says "Yesss, i must know what your feeling"

EonApocalypse
28th Oct 2003, 02:04
Something I loved was the sub-sub characters. You only ever knew them in writing. Like eavesdropping in a conversation between two lovers by reading their data cubes in the different parts of the level, and then finding their dead bodies somewhere, if you follow. I just loved how even the smallest characters were given personalities. I remember at the missile silo level finding a book with names of killed scientists in it, and realising some of the names were familiar, scientists I'd met, or heard reference of in earlier levels.

It really added to the immersion.

Amazon Warrior
28th Oct 2003, 02:23
True. Like when you find someone's last will and testament, or a recording of their last moments. Very moving.

I always wanted to know more about JC's origins. We know his parents are dead, killed by Page, but who were they? And why doen't he have any pictures of them? And even if he's basically an engineered lifeform, they must have used DNA from other subjects as a template, then bolted desirable traits onto the basic structure. Ie all humans look alike- same shape, number of limbs, arrangement of organs etc., the actual genetic variation of the global population is surprisingly narrow. So they'd get the human basic form, then modify it to express a unique phenotype of their designing. Obviously they didn't go with the descent from Christ plot, which is probably a good thing. You can read enough into it if you want, depending on which ending you choose.

Machinax
28th Oct 2003, 06:11
Originally posted by EonApocalypse
Something I loved was the sub-sub characters. You only ever knew them in writing. Like eavesdropping in a conversation between two lovers by reading their data cubes in the different parts of the level, and then finding their dead bodies somewhere, if you follow. I just loved how even the smallest characters were given personalities. I remember at the missile silo level finding a book with names of killed scientists in it, and realising some of the names were familiar, scientists I'd met, or heard reference of in earlier levels.

It really added to the immersion.

Exactly. That's what made Deus Ex so...unique. And special.

crimson_stallion
31st Oct 2003, 08:06
Originally posted by Machinax
Both examples are just beautiful. Those are what makes the game for me, that it's easy to forget you're playing the game and get immersed in the experience.

And No-One Lives Forever was a pretty good game, too. Never got to play the whole thing through.

I loved the scene near the start of NOLF when the man was tryign to sell his monkey to the terrorist..

"are you insulting my monkey?"

"no I just dont like monkeys".

That killed me lol

crimson_stallion
31st Oct 2003, 08:14
Originally posted by Lawnboy360
This concerned me too, but it's only the E3 demo. The final game is almost required to have multiple choices if you want to affect the way they like you or not, like it was mentioned in previews/interviews.
This could work - just include a 'pursuasion' skill. The higher your skill for it, the more likely you can lie and be belived.

crimson_stallion
31st Oct 2003, 08:17
Originally posted by Amazon Warrior
One of my favourite bits was ransacking that apartment in Paris, while the couple who lived there chatted about emigrating to America to throttle extinct grizzly bears, or something. It was hilarious! Especially when they gave me clues like 'the arms dealer lives next door' ROFLMAO! It took considerable prodding to piss them off enough to chase me. ;)

Also the bouncer in La Porte de L'Enfer. I snuck in using lock picks or somesuch, then used the vents in the toilets to get to his little room. He harrassed me for not paying, and JC was like, 'make me!' Sadly, he wussed out, and I wasn't going to fire first. Wise of him, since I was casually pointing the GEP in his face! Obviously his plans for the evening didn't include dying... :D

And any bits where unexpected people had access to your infolink. It properly made me jump when someone like Simons or Page started menacing me in the comfort of my own head.:eek:

Haha that reminds me, the guy at the french club at the door. When you talk to him and refuse to pay to get in, he acts all hard and tough. When i snuck in the room with him, and talked to him, i was expecting him to do the same so i could club him, but instead he said something like "hey, what are you doing in here". If i remember correctly it was kind in a stressed scared voice 2 lol. not sure tho...

Neutrino
31st Oct 2003, 16:59
Originally posted by F3nyx
And Shannon! Shannon was hilarious... I have her "How unprofessional" line as one of my Windows error sounds (sound file came with the GOTY edition). I couldn't believe they wrote a special part of the script just for people (like me) who were perverse enough to delve into the ladies' room.

The "How unprofessional" Shannon line was very, very funny..I like that part too.

The voice acting was very well done in the game.

Lawnboy360
31st Oct 2003, 17:52
I couldn't believe they wrote a special part of the script just for people (like me) who were perverse enough to delve into the ladies' room.

I went in the ladies' room, expecting to find a shotgun or at least a few pistol clips on the ground, like in any self-respecting shooter, which DX isn't...

gareis
1st Nov 2003, 16:38
The cleanerbots! In Invisible War, they're twice the size for easy target practice!