Breadman
11th Oct 2003, 00:53
new page is wonderful... great job. that wasn't a new trailer thoguh, damnit.:D

blackeye
11th Oct 2003, 01:08
OMG :eek:

it is truely FANTASTIC !!!!

it is beautiful !!!!

can you feel the amosphere ... it's really happening: deus ex is back and starting to creep in our lives again !!!
can you feel it ... it's awakening me ... it so good to be back ... it's deus ex

wooohooo i'm so excited :D
so much to see and to read on the site ... THX

this is what we all were waiting for

... this is it ...

Lawnboy360
11th Oct 2003, 01:10
Love the atmosphere too.

Funny, I noticed www.dxinvisiblewar.com was online a few hours ago (used to be in construction) and was surprised it wasn't a new site...

Is it just me or there's so many different versions of the background art with Alex? I saw one on the Official XBox Magazine, another in CGW's ad, and now another on the site.
That would make sense, as the character is customizable :D .
I wonder which one will be on the box though (if he is actually on the box ;) )

The text is interesting.
"It's quite the conspiratorial smorgasbord, actually! "
:)

And we'll get a dev's journal!

And of course : "in store december 3rd"
It's for real... DXIW is really coming...soon...
I can't believe I'll be playing this game!
Oh my!

/hyperventilation
/Lawnboy faints

AlteredGlyph
11th Oct 2003, 03:36
WOOOOOT!!!!!! I LOVE the new site, and the wallpapers!!! This is SO cool!!! And now we know what 2 males look like. :)

AlteredGlyph
11th Oct 2003, 03:48
OOOOOOHH!!! December 3 release date, on the webpage, and therefore OFFICIAL!!!!! WOOOHHOOOOOO!!!!!

NamelessOne
11th Oct 2003, 04:43
Its a cool webpage. Did you read about the organisations?
"Pequichino - Coffee for your kind of world"... Hehe, it kind of reminds me of Fallout 2's ads.

But at the top of the webpage, that annoying slogan is still there. "The future war on terror". I'm betting some Marketing idiot made them put it in.

God From Machine
11th Oct 2003, 05:56
Well this is pretty cool. Dec 3 cannot come fast enough, i want it now :(

And we know why the old site wasn't updated in 2 months, they scrapped it completely for a new one.

With no real competition this holiday DXIW is going to own the christmas sales for computer games, although i'm not sure if anyone in their right minds could wait past the 4th to buy and play this game.

I think i speak for us all when i say THIS IS REALLY REALLY COOL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

Sylvester Ink
11th Oct 2003, 06:16
Wow. Very nice site. Alex looks a lot better in the pictures here than in any of the other pictures I have seen. (He's got th 4-oclock shadow going too!) To bad we don't have any pictures of female-Alex. Yet.

Also, Pequod's Coffee. I am absolutely sure that they are spoofing Starbucks. ("a tall Pequachino") And it makes sense, doesn't it? I mean, DX is about conspiricies. A coffee shop that manages to spread around the world faster than the plague HAS to be a conspiricy somehow.

And there's the December 3rd release date to be excited about too.

I can't stand it! Too much excitement!

*Falls to the floor in wild conniptions*

Machinax
11th Oct 2003, 06:26
First impressions:

1) Finally.

2) My God this is nice.

3) So I guess they went ahead with that lousy "future war on terror" tagline.

4) December 3rd, 2003. See you in Seattle, baby.

Trollslayer
11th Oct 2003, 08:57
Looking good. I specially like the little background details surfacing like characters, biomods and such.

The only thing i dislike there is the now recurrent branding of a game as RPG each time it has little similarities with other RPGs.

Though the flash animation is cool. I gotta learn me one of those.

crimson_stallion
11th Oct 2003, 09:24
Speachless...:D

Foten
11th Oct 2003, 09:30
This site is the best, it totaly rox i can only say this in swedish DEN HÄR SIDAN ROCKAR FETT!!!:D
And the sound is fantastic its feels like if im in a newworld.

Lawnboy360
11th Oct 2003, 13:49
I suggest you go back to it regularly, as it seems content is still being added. When I first went to the gallery section, only "screenshots" was available with "wallpapers" in gray, and now both are available, and there's "concept art", "print ads", and "aim icons" to be available soon...

Trollslayer
11th Oct 2003, 13:57
And we all know what that means - one day, the 'Demo' button will be shiny... :D

MaxxQ
11th Oct 2003, 14:47
I'd like to see them change the tag line to this line from the intro movie:

"An invisible weapon for an invisible war."

Foten
11th Oct 2003, 15:37
Originally posted by MaxxQ
I'd like to see them change the tag line to this line from the intro movie:

"An invisible weapon for an invisible war."

Yeah that sounds much better.

Machinax
11th Oct 2003, 15:45
Yeah. The "future war on terror" thing just has all the wrong connotations.

Machinax
11th Oct 2003, 15:57
Anybody notice some of the as-of-the-site-being-unveiled previously-unreleased screenshots of the game? The scenary in some of them is mondo rawk.

Can't wait to destroy it ;)

coldblue
11th Oct 2003, 16:44
Those screenshots are awesome. They do a great job of conveying a dark, fututistic world that's really populated. I'm really excited about this game now.

Frost Giant
11th Oct 2003, 23:06
Splendid, delightfully exquisite, awe inspiring, immersive, marvelously constructed. These are what the site is and much more. Genius, pure genius. The suspense that Ion Storm has put us in has also made this site all the more pleasing to me. *Contemplates the grandeur of the website and imagines just how wonderful the game will be if Ion Storm has put so much effort into a simple thing such as the website. Then Frost Giant surveys the website again, from the screenshots section to the sounds, from the introduction to features section and says to himself in a deep yet soothing vioce.............."It is good"*:cool: :D

Godwin
12th Oct 2003, 08:51
i love the layout too, but what caught my eyes were the new slogans "wage war as you choose" and "the future war on terror"

i mean, they're so bloody cliche!

dirigimaster
12th Oct 2003, 16:14
Originally posted by Machinax
Yeah. The "future war on terror" thing just has all the wrong connotations.

Eidos makes the page, and they make the marketing slogan, so modern references to possibly get people to buy the game to kill terrorists is just a way for more people to buy the game.

auric
12th Oct 2003, 17:08
Why don't they have other slogans, like preserving peace, knock out not stay out.

for those peace lovers.

or silent as in Invisible Wars, for sneakers.

this way they can get 3 groups type of people

those who kill, sneak & peaceful ones.

ofcourse my slogans, aren't good sounding but you get the point

:)

sachfigura
12th Oct 2003, 17:21
*bumps in agreement with above*

Aughhhh, December!!!

/falls comatose until the 2nd.

cball05
12th Oct 2003, 18:32
Edios has to be careful - if they put too much new stuff online at once, all of us big fans will go into convulsions and not be able to buy the game! :D
But seriously, this site just made December 3 seem so close, and yet so incredibly far away. If only we could click that DEMO button...

hakselsen
13th Oct 2003, 05:23
Great site. I encourage you all to view it with Opera in full screen mode (just press F11). It's awesome.

And yes. "An invisible weapon for an invisible war" is WAY better than "the future war on terror". "the future.." seems taken out of a GW Bush speech or something.

It's probably a good description of the game, though.

Sylvester Ink
13th Oct 2003, 06:54
Someone get ahold of the guys at Ion Storm quickly! Maybe they can change the slogan to "An invisible weapon for an invisible war" before it goes into production! Come on Catman, aren't you supposed to have connections? Or are we supposed to try to bribe you?

Foten
13th Oct 2003, 10:50
Hmm... I think Catman is dead or something like that maybe in chock, cuase there is no offical word in the thread Realse Date, And how much more offical can it be then it says in stores 12.03.2003 in the offical site?:rolleyes:
So i think it will be hard for Catman to talk to Ionstorm or Eidos.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
13th Oct 2003, 11:17
that's strange, why does everything have to happen when I'm not there...

great site, though I agree the tagline is bad.

Lawnboy360
13th Oct 2003, 12:16
The "Wage war as you choose" isn't that bad considering the game is about an invisible war, which you can deal with in different ways...
"The future war on terror" *is* related to the game, but it's too obviously related to recent events. Seems to me something to appeal to the Wal-Mart crowd or something, and DX isn't Deer Hunter.

Catman
13th Oct 2003, 15:41
I'm not dead, but I've felt better.

The 12-03-03 release date listed may or may not be accurate. I don't rely on advertising sites for official information. Still, the fact the site is up and running gives me hope that it might be true.

You have to realize that felines are often overly cautious. ;)

blackeye
13th Oct 2003, 15:54
maybe this is a stupid question, but i have read something on the website (game info, characters) and i don't know what it means:

"SOR"

from 'Dr. Leila Nassif':
"Her deep and abiding loyalty to the underlying principles of Tarsus ensure that she will carry out her mission in the SOR with objectivity and efficiency."

and from 'Billie Adams':
"Position: SOR Resident"

what does "SOR" means ?

thx

(btw, do you say 'on the website' ? or 'at', or 'in', or something else ... ?)

Quillan
13th Oct 2003, 18:11
I suspect it will be explained later, either on the website when more organizations are posted or once you get into the game itself.

cball05
13th Oct 2003, 19:37
This is kind of mysterious as well:

However, she has been retained in the SOR program due to her high competency, as well as her REFERENCE OMITTED AT YOUR SECURITY CLASSIFICATION.

And I think it's "on the website"

Trollslayer
13th Oct 2003, 20:15
Originally posted by cball05
This is kind of mysterious as well:

However, she has been retained in the SOR program due to her high competency, as well as her REFERENCE OMITTED AT YOUR SECURITY CLASSIFICATION.

Looking at the image, i'd say its because of her slightly out of normal REFERENCE OMITTED TO AVERT PEOPLE'S SENSIBILITY.

And I think it's "on the website"

Correct.

Lawnboy360
13th Oct 2003, 21:26
What ?! There's a characters section? Wasn't there when it launched I think...

Sourcerer
14th Oct 2003, 09:07
"An invisible weapon for an invisible war"

That's pretty good.
Way better than

"the future war on terror". yawn

Come on guys, you know it makes sense.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 09:35
yes, I think "an invisible weapon for an invisible war would have been a much better tagline."

"Wage war as you choose" would be more like a comment on the back of the box.

Random
14th Oct 2003, 12:37
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
yes, I think "an invisible weapon for an invisible war would have been a much better tagline."

Bit long, though. :D

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 12:42
Ok, just keep the first have if you REALLY WANT

"an invisible weapon for an invisible war"

or every second word

"an weapon an war have a better"

hmmm no.

Machinax
14th Oct 2003, 15:22
'course, if you say "An inivisible weapon for an invisible war", people who don't know the game will think that the object is to find some huge megasuperultra-ray-blaster-cannon-thingie that could destroy the world in 2 seconds.

That happens to be invisible.

That happens to be in the clutches of some evil genius who wants to use it to destroy the world.

If you want to use the "invisible weapon" tagline, you'd have to somehow incorporate the "cells of human bodies" in there as well. Of course, then it'd sound like today's bioterrorism, going back to the "future war on terror" thing.

I'd say they were pretty stuck.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 15:29
ok no tagline.

or "the most-awaited sequel to the most-awarded game off all time"

(what, presomptuous?)

Trollslayer
14th Oct 2003, 15:46
How about "The most-awaited sequel to one of the most-awarded games off all time even if the majority of "fans" don't understand anything about the game and always mistake the publisher with the producer and always whine about punching and multiplayer - but hey, as long as they buy the game, whatever!"

OMG, a slogan that is actually compliant with reality.

Lawnboy360
14th Oct 2003, 18:14
I like it.

But I think DirectX8/9 and the GF4MX should be mentioned at some point.

Machinax
14th Oct 2003, 18:34
Some good news, there are some new screenshots up. Huah!

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
15th Oct 2003, 07:36
Trollslayer, I can't believe you forgot the HUD!!!

Trollslayer
15th Oct 2003, 09:02
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
Trollslayer, I can't believe you forgot the HUD!!!

Damn, my marketing ability has failed :p

MaxxQ
15th Oct 2003, 15:34
Originally posted by blackeye
maybe this is a stupid question, but i have read something on the website (game info, characters) and i don't know what it means:

"SOR"

from 'Dr. Leila Nassif':
"Her deep and abiding loyalty to the underlying principles of Tarsus ensure that she will carry out her mission in the SOR with objectivity and efficiency."

and from 'Billie Adams':
"Position: SOR Resident"

what does "SOR" means ?

School Of Rock :D

blackeye
24th Oct 2003, 19:15
website has been updated:

twice as much info now !!!!

it just keeps on rocking ... and getting better at it :D

James Warren
24th Oct 2003, 19:34
I just want to brag a little...

The new sounds on the update comming through my 460 watt JVC HX-Z3 with the TWO side firing sub woofers turned all the way up is QUITE physical! I hope y'all have good speakers to play this game. It should give the occasional goose pimple.

Machinax
24th Oct 2003, 20:01
Damn, these new updates are amazing.

Tbone
24th Oct 2003, 20:20
They're nice, but I'm starting to agree with uh...someone else whose name I can't remember -- the devs obviously don't know how to do muzzle flashes. The more I look at it, the more I notice it.

I do like the Oman, though. And Eidos/Ion Storm is gonna catch it from somebody for the screenshots of tazing a bum and shooting a bouncer in the head ;)

Machinax
24th Oct 2003, 21:02
I like the one of Alex speaking with NG Resonance, for some reason.

Tenkahubu
25th Oct 2003, 10:58
The screenshots are great, but if I were that bum, I think I would do a little more than 'grunt'. 'Scream' would probably be more appropriate for someone who has just been zapped in the crotch.

EDIT: Hmmm, hanging around in a back-alley, zapping tramps in the crotch, maybe it wasnt a grunt of pain ...

kris211
28th Oct 2003, 23:18
the site is fantastic, except for one thing

the DEMO LINK

Whenever you click on downloads, its kind of highlited for a second, so you think its there. oy vey, when will it come??:(

other than that, the site rocks. the game info section is amazing