PDA

View Full Version : Conversations

auric
9th Oct 2003, 03:35
Are there conversation logs in DX2 like in DX1.

I hope so, cause I'd like to collect its logs like in part 1.

Logs, as in when theres a conversation activated, theres a copy of what has been said inside JC's memories.

sackme
9th Oct 2003, 10:40
I agree. in DX1 if an NPC said something useful and i forgot it i could go back and check it. this was a very helpful factor in the game and i hope it returns in DX2.

DEATH TO THE RADIOACTIVE GRAY MONKEYS! MOOHAHAHAHA!

On another oint what do you think about the idea/ rumor that there will be a generic ammo type that fits all the guns (this is STUPID :D) as if this was true then using an assault rifle would waste all the ammo for all ur guns at once:D

Death to god, praise lucifer, destroy or rule the would MOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trollslayer
9th Oct 2003, 10:50
Originally posted by sackme
Death to god, praise lucifer, destroy or rule the would MOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Somehow that laughter reminds me of a humanoid bovine from hell...

auric
9th Oct 2003, 11:42
Originally posted by sackme
On another oint what do you think about the idea/ rumor that there will be a generic ammo type that fits all the guns (this is STUPID :D) as if this was true then using an assault rifle would waste all the ammo for all ur guns at once:D

I don't quite like the idea of it, but I want to hear the reason for it first that the designers think of doing so, before I make a full judgement. Same ammo to all guns.

Kinda brings back memories doesn't it, because in the old days games like Wolfenstein 3D, all 4 of its guns use the same ammo.

& the old games also don't need to reload, just keep on shooting. I for one am glad reloading is added.

:)

Random
9th Oct 2003, 12:00
I think one reason may be that it's hard to balance the placement of different ammo types. One of the previews said that, depending on your choices, you will visit anywhere from 3 to 13 of the lower Seattle maps. If there are multiple ammo types, it's likely that some players will be very low on some types simply because they don't have access to it.

As long as they have a half plausible excuse for the system, I won't complain.

auric
9th Oct 2003, 12:09
Now that you mentioned it, I agree to, besides the story & branches in it are already a tough & busy one to build,

Ammos will be our "Opportunity Cost", for a nearly non-linear game

Trollslayer
9th Oct 2003, 12:12
Having various weapons using the same type of ammo is not 'stupid'. Some games use this, including the Star Trek: Elite Force games if im not mistaken.

Energy/Plasma-based weapons use the same type of "ammo", but propulsion speed, and power ratings can differentiate them.

auric
9th Oct 2003, 12:19
In Star Trek, they can convert most energy to something else in order to use a weapon that requires a different & capable of converting energy.

There are other weapons in that game that uses different ammos or energies that can't be converted to its need. Hense a different type of ammo.

In Deus Ex's case, theres no signs of the weapons being used are energy based or not.

& even if they are, then how do they explain the convertion of energy to suit other weapons.

Unless all weapons uses the same energy or Deus Ex have a way to convert energy too.

That's a mystery untill someone incharge says something about it or the game come out. oh well.

Trollslayer
9th Oct 2003, 12:22
Hence why i said its wrong to call an idea "stupid" before anyone knowing how it works. But then again it might just be me who respects the award-winning team behind the project and tend not to insult them or their ideas because of trivial things.

Oh well.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
9th Oct 2003, 12:24
hey it's year 2067, science may have improved...

"wait and hope" (Alexandre Dumas, le comte de Monte-Cristo)

coldblue
9th Oct 2003, 13:42
Like I said before, nano ammo. Turns into whatever you need, bullets, rockets, etc.

Trollslayer
9th Oct 2003, 13:56
Originally posted by coldblue
Like I said before, nano ammo. Turns into whatever you need, bullets, rockets, etc.

That actually makes more sense than plasma/energy-based ammo.

Xenon
9th Oct 2003, 14:24
Isn't there a thread discussing ammo ? You could see a lot of posts with similar statements there.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
9th Oct 2003, 14:53
there was

here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22583)

but I can't find it on the board, it must have been abandonned.

blackeye
9th Oct 2003, 15:57
this one ?

touch me (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24107&highlight=generic+ammo)

Catman
10th Oct 2003, 13:41
About disappearing threads: When I delete threads, they're gone forever and cannot be retrieved by any means.

In this case, if the threads are no longer visible in the forum listing, it's because your personal settings only allow showing threads posted in the last X number of days (such as 100, 50, etc).

If you wish to always see all threads, go to your User CP, open the Edit Options link, and change Default Thread View settings (third section of options, fourth item).

auric
10th Oct 2003, 14:07
To Catman,

what about my first question?

anything you want to share?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
10th Oct 2003, 14:12
to catman : wow, it works, thanks

to auric : I think Catman didn't play the game (at least he hasn't yet, or I hope he would have told us), so I don't think he has the answer

Catman
10th Oct 2003, 14:29
auric: One of the Eidos or Ion Storm employees who've played beta versions of the game might be able to answer -- assuming there's no gag order in effect.

Since I don't fall into either category, I can't say because I don't know. :(

Trollslayer
10th Oct 2003, 14:51
If there aren't there should be. Some times it was very useful.