PDA

View Full Version : Boo Dvd!

cball05
9th Oct 2003, 00:27
Well, the promised DVD finally arrived from Edios. I gleefully ripped it out of the package, shoved my brother away from the computer, and threw it into the drive. And what to my wondering eyes should appear....but the same old trailer. Boo.

Picasso
9th Oct 2003, 00:35
Is it PC-only, or can it be played in a standalone DVD player?

Any stuff on it (for other games) aside from the DX2 trailer?

cball05
9th Oct 2003, 01:37
I'd assume that you can play it on a regular DVD player. There were also trailers for a few other games - Lora Croft, etc.

Picasso
9th Oct 2003, 01:49
Good, I want to see the trailer on my bigscreen, with surround sound and everything.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
9th Oct 2003, 07:51
hey, don't complain, at least you have the DVD. in Europe, we can't have it.

(maybe they will sell it with the game, in 6 months)

cball05
9th Oct 2003, 20:55
So maybe I was a little harsh on the DVD. We Americans have to criticize everything :p
But I was disappointed to see nothing more than the trailer and a "coming soon" logo (hopefully this wasn't written by the same people who maintain the website!)

dirigimaster
15th Oct 2003, 17:41
Originally posted by cball05
Well, the promised DVD finally arrived from Edios. I gleefully ripped it out of the package, shoved my brother away from the computer, and threw it into the drive. And what to my wondering eyes should appear....but the same old trailer. Boo.

It does, and it's much higher res than the downloaded version, thus better

roomba
16th Oct 2003, 01:43
I nearly trashed it when I took it out of the mailbox, 'cuz it had the "Backyard Wrestling" game art plastered all over the front(shirtless stupid-looking guy holding a baseball bat with barbed wire sort of floating in air around the bat).
:rolleyes:
Then I spotted the EIDOS logo and realized this was "the" DVD. Sure enough, there was "Deus Ex: Invisible War" second from the bottom in the listing on the back.

Well, it played just fine in my Powerbook DVD drive, and the trailer looked very nice and hi-res, but c'mon.
No screen shots or clips from the game, no interviews or even sound bites from anybody at Ion Storm (granted they're insanely busy right now). I admit I was expecting more.Maybe in the "Winter DVD"

-----------

If anybody's interested, the other game trailers on the DVD were:

Backyard Wrestling: Don't try this at home

Lara Croft Tomb Raider:
The Angel of Darkness
(this one had a short "making of" video in addition to the trailer)

Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Whiplash [i forgot this one the first time i posted)

Commandos 3: Destination Berlin

Thief III

FliX
16th Oct 2003, 14:03
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
hey, don't complain, at least you have the DVD. in Europe, we can't have it.

(maybe they will sell it with the game, in 6 months)

yea :mad:

Machinax
16th Oct 2003, 15:41
Just got the DVD in the mail today. Which is funny, when you consider that I registered to get the DVD over the *summer*. Yeesh.

Haven't watched it yet, will do when I get home.

Lawnboy360
16th Oct 2003, 16:27
There's no reason to complain about the DVD; you got it for free anyway.

Machinax
16th Oct 2003, 18:51
I'm not complaining, really. The DVD is of better sound/picture quality than the .avi file on the Internet. And getting the trailer on DVD allowed me to free up 50 megs of disc space.

cneal
19th Oct 2003, 06:13
I liked it. It had some other Eidos game video. This is a great way for Eidos to promote their games.