PDA

View Full Version : no fmv's

jeocan
7th Oct 2003, 03:50
Hi guys :) I'm playing Tomb Raider 2 on Windows 98 SE, and I'm not getting any fmv's at the end or beginning of levels. I got them in the earlier levels but haven't had one since I went from The Deck Level to sliding down a snow covered mountain in Tibet. Is this a bug because I haven't changed anything that I know of :confused: Can anyone help ? It's kind of spoiling the game for me :(

Collin
7th Oct 2003, 08:42
The next movie after you arrive in Tibet is at the end of "The Ice Palace"..... Did you go through this level already?
If you did, go to the setup options..... I think there's an option "no fmv's" and see if it's checked or not.....
Other than that.... http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/ponder.gif

eurisko
7th Oct 2003, 11:43
/me sits back, grabs a box of popcorn and waits for Dino to arrive...

:)

jeocan
7th Oct 2003, 15:57
Originally posted by Collin
The next movie after you arrive in Tibet is at the end of "The Ice Palace"..... Did you go through this level already?
If you did, go to the setup options..... I think there's an option "no fmv's" and see if it's checked or not.....
Other than that.... http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/ponder.gif
"Disable FMV's" is not checked so that's not it :confused: The last one I saw was Lara talking to the monk while changing into her wetsuit, at the end of the Diving Area level. I didn't see the next one when she rides the submersible in 40 Fathoms. I am now at the Temple of Xian level and I haven't seen a movie for ages :( Can you think of anything else it might be? The only thing I can think of is.....I read you could make Lara explode so I tried it. :o Well Lara didn't explode but I ended up in the next level :confused: I went back and loaded the last saved game because I didn't want to miss the previous level so I don't know if that's it :confused: Help! I miss my movies. I went from a shipwreck to a snowy mountain and had no idea how I got there :eek:

jeocan
7th Oct 2003, 16:03
Hi :) me again. If I can't get the movies in the game is there anywhere that I can see them at least?

Collin
7th Oct 2003, 18:22
Well, did you try uninstalling/reinstalling the game? Maybe your move messed it up yes, it's possible.....
If that doesn't work with your own savegames, you could always try to download one.....

And yes, apparently there is a movie viewer out there.... Found one at TRC.com (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr3/utilities.html) in the TR3 utilities.... :)

eurisko
8th Oct 2003, 14:24
RAD Game Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/)
Bink Video jobbee... handy little utility :)

(quoted from the trchronicles site)
Watch the cut scenes from Tomb Raider 3 with this FMV Movie Viewer.
That's a neat trick :) Cut scenes are rendered by the game engine themselves. FMVs are different to cut scenes and are what are watchable outside the game.

I'm so picky tonight :)

jeocan
8th Oct 2003, 15:17
ummmm.......but how does that help me with Tomb Raider II :confused:

baylisst
8th Oct 2003, 18:58
(i think that) it runs tr2 FMVs aswell

jeocan
9th Oct 2003, 03:15
thanks guys but duhhhhh.....what do I do? I don't get it :confused: :o

Collin
9th Oct 2003, 10:16
Just download the FMV viewer from the TRC.com site I pointed you to. Install it, open the program and then open the FMV from the FMV folder on your TR2 disc..... What is there not to get? :confused:

The Radtools thing only works for TRLR and TRC...

Veronica Ma
9th Oct 2003, 17:27
ROFL!!

Originally posted by eurisko
/me sits back, grabs a box of popcorn and waits for Dino to arrive...:)

(ps. Hi Jeocan! Sorry can't help you here. My TR2 is on PS1 but thought i'd say hi anyway. :)

jeocan
9th Oct 2003, 18:50
Hi you :) How are ya ? Painting any autumn foliage yet ?

jeocan
9th Oct 2003, 19:08
Well I tried to download it and it says I already have Glidos installed on my computer and I do. I downloaded it for TR1. Still not getting movies. Is it in the wrong file?

baylisst
9th Oct 2003, 19:50
this probably isn't of any help whatsoever, but just incase:

From tombraiderchronicles.com

You are experiencing a compatibility problem with DirectX 5.0 and your 2D card. Your 3D accelerator is working properly so you may play the game but your 2D card is not functioning to allow you to view the FMV's. You need to (re)install the latest version of DirectX 5.0 onto your machine. You can find the latest version of DirectX 5.0 on the TRII CD in the folder DirectX. Run the dxsetup.exe.

Collin
9th Oct 2003, 22:41
This (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/cgi-bin/downloads2/dl.pl?ut_tr3_tr_rpl) is the direct link to the file. So whatever you download should be the correct thing..... The file name is tr_rpl.zip!

If Glidos is acting up on you, why don't you uninstall it? It would be best if you have the glidos file stored somewhere to be reinstalled when you're done watching the FMV's....
I don't have Glidos installed so I don't know why it is creating problems.... :confused: I did however got the message my screen should be in 16 bit mode instaed of 32 bit mode, so you might have to adjust that too....

About Glidos.... Can you open it (is there an exe file) or is it just a file that gets loaded when you play TR1? (tried glidos once but I can't remember what the glidos folder looks like) If you can open it and you go to some application thing, maybe you can view the movies from there? :confused:

Veronica Ma
10th Oct 2003, 02:56
Originally posted by jeocan
Hi you :) How are ya ? Painting any autumn foliage yet ?
Naw. i paint slow and the leaves change too fast. (lol)

jeocan
10th Oct 2003, 05:01
No excuses from you girl! It's summer again you have lots of time :p so start painting! Fall is my favourite season. I want to see a Fall Foliage scene. I love the word foliage.....can you tell :D I take it from eurisko's comment I'm in for a real treat at the end :eek: Inside joke :confused: I hope it's nothing like Boaz! grrrrrr Well at least I won't have to rely on Kurtis's slowass! Pardon my French :mad:

Dino
10th Oct 2003, 07:04
The comment of eurisko notwithstanding, the arrival of Dino is not a bad thing.

It's the DRAGON that you have to worry about.

Veronica Ma
10th Oct 2003, 09:54
Originally posted by jeocan
"No excuses from you girl! It's summer again you have lots of time :p so start painting!...

LOL! Even if i start today... let see.... i'll probably have a "presentable" FOLIAGE painting ready for uploading in say... "Another five thousand years!" (to quote Lara Croft in TR1 the movie)

As for the ending of TR2... honestly, i can't remember! Hey maybe that's not such a bad thing? Then i could play it again as if it were a brand new game!

So whatcha doin' for gobble gobble day? We're visiting relatives and guess what? Our route passes right by your pretty little town! LOL!

Small world...:D

jeocan
11th Oct 2003, 05:32
We're having Turkey day at my house. As usual :rolleyes: I've been cleaning for company.....Mother-in-law.....clean freak....need I say more? Not to mention all the cooking and cleaning afterwards. Bahhh Humbug! Oh that's Christmas ;) So you're going east for gobble gobble day?

Veronica Ma
11th Oct 2003, 10:30
Yup. Northwest first to close cottage for the winter (boo hoo), then east for turkey dinner. Then back to home base for another turkey dinner.

Some holiday, eh? :D