PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV Will Consume My Life - And I love It!!

sleepyeyes
24th Jun 2013, 03:49
Okay, so I never thought I would like FFXIV, because it is an MMORPG. I'd never played an MMO before, and I didn't think I'd get into it. But, I have beta tested for Microsoft for many years, and the thought of being part of the beta for a FF title sounded pretty cool, so I applied.

Boy, am I glad I was invited.

The Last of Us lay dormant on my shelf while I aspired to level up my thaumaturge to the highest degree possible. Dishes went undone. Phone calls went unanswered. As dawn was breaking, the last hour of Beta 3 coming to twilight, I realized I hadn't consumed anything in the last 24 hours, except Mountain Dew.

And, it was good. So, good.

Others will look at FFXIV with a more critical eye, will comment on gameplay specifics, and I have done that on the beta forums. But, my passion for all things Final Fantasy has been reignited in a way not since FFX. When Beta 4 begins, I will find my otherwise simple life made simpler - and yet, more complex. I will embark on a journey of epic proportions... and, I hope to see you there....

member_10836389
24th Jun 2013, 10:11
I kind of agree with the sentiment, I've been bored of every new MMO that came out recently, and once I heard a Realm Reborn was going to be allowing 1.0 members to enter the beta I tried it out because "Why not" and immediately was hooked. I know at the end of the day it's just another MMO "Press 1-5, wait for something to die, kill x of this, deliver y to z" but the game had enough atmosphere, fluid animations and a good backstory enough to let me forget the mechanics for a few hours.

I didn't manage to pull all nighters, but I wish I did, and as the beta came to a close I woke up on my day off wishing it weren't. Looking forward to the next beta weekend, even though I know my characters going to be wiped once phase 4 comes along. I'm hoping to get my friends and family in on the open beta when it comes out to see about migrating a few of them from their respective MMO's so I have more people to consistently play with.

sleepyeyes
24th Jun 2013, 12:15
I'm hoping to get my friends and family in on the open beta when it comes out to see about migrating a few of them from their respective MMO's so I have more people to consistently play with.

Well, feel free to add me to your list of friends! Also, and I know I've been a broken record about this in the forum, but we started a Skype list so ppl can contact one another in-game while Skyping online (it's a workaround for the voice chat issue). If your're up for that, just reply to na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29980035/Skype_Chat_-_PS3PC_players_for_Behemoth_Server) with your info, and we'll add you to the list, which can be found here: tinyurl.com/seffxivguild (http://tinyurl.com/seffxivguild)

Cheers!

fLOYDSTRIFE
24th Jun 2013, 12:52
i remember when final fantasy 11 came out for the ps3 i got it around my tenth grade of highschool...i dont remember the last two years of highschool because of that game...

demyxx
24th Jun 2013, 13:00
I like it so far. I can't get too into it because I know of the wipe. xD So I'm like meh the final story before all access to cities was hard and I dun wanna do it again ;___; ...The story is enticing so this a HUGE plus for me for some reason and...I KEEP COOKING. x'D! The thought of a wipe kinda kills my gameplay to be honest and I posted all what I think needs to be done in Beta forums.

Games not perfect by far, but I wouldn't rule much out because it's a beta. I guess my only problems are

1. Ugly armor...but hey we're early levels, but must I look like Homie the Clown?

2. Lower GCD and let CNJ in FATEs heals with AoE and use protect and I'll love you SE for life!

I am enjoying the time though. Can't wait to see what else the game has in store. I wanna see real fun events and stuff. ^^ Make friends, have a nice and fun community. I just want Phase 4.<3

fLOYDSTRIFE
24th Jun 2013, 13:08
I like it so far. I can't get too into it because I know of the wipe. xD So I'm like meh the final story before all access to cities was hard and I dun wanna do it again ;___; ...The story is enticing so this a HUGE plus for me for some reason and...I KEEP COOKING. x'D! The thought of a wipe kinda kills my gameplay to be honest and I posted all what I think needs to be done in Beta forums.

Games not perfect by far, but I wouldn't rule much out because it's a beta. I guess my only problems are

1. Ugly armor...but hey we're early levels, but must I look like Homie the Clown?

2. Lower GCD and let CNJ in FATEs heals and I'll love you SE for life!

I am enjoying the time though. Can't wait to see what else the game has in store. I wanna see real fun events and stuff. ^^ Make friends, have a nice and fun community. I just want Phase 4.<3

mmorpgs are supposed to be long and hard.........xd long and hard and i have played many a mmorpg..most of them includeing the cutey putesy anime mmorpgs armors look like crap..at least we have a ps3 mmorpg with decent grahpics

sleepyeyes
24th Jun 2013, 14:25

2. Lower GCD and let CNJ in FATEs heals with AoE and use protect and I'll love you SE for life!

No, it's not perfect, but damn near. There are little things here and there, but I'll save that for the beta forum.

1. As you level up, you aquire different armor/clothing that enhances your appearance. And, if you don't like that, you can dye your clothing/armor with whatever color you can acquire, and it doesn't change your stats. If you look at my character (see the link in my signature), you see he's wearing a hempen cowl, which is yellow. I was not a fan. But, at lvl 15 I acquired a cotton cowl, which is black, and I love it. So, yeah, it gets better as you gain exp.

2. I agree, and I posted about this on the beta forum. Maybe that gets better as you level up, too. My Blizzard spell targets an individual, but my Blizzard II spell (man, I hope they rename to Blizzara) is AoE. Maybe for CNJs it works the same way with Cure I and Cure II (Cura, blast it, Cura!!). My CNJ wasn't that high a lvl before I abandoned him for a THM on a diff server, so I dunno.

It's rare that I play a game where I love *everything*. But, between gameplay and community, I am finding it hard to hate anything about FFXIV, and easy to love the game as a whole. I have one nitpicky thing that I hope they change (again, though, I'm leaving that for the beta forum), but I am all in with this game.