PDA

View Full Version : Lots of new screenshots over at Gamespot

blincoln
4th Oct 2003, 00:24
This was posted by Time Spanned Soul at the NR forums:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/lokdefi/screenindex.html

There is some really cool looking stuff in there!

ViperXtreme
4th Oct 2003, 00:49
WOW! thanks for sharing Blinc!

ARGH! those lightning demons are back!?
hmmm... the 3rd pic looks like Raziel is confronting a spectral ancient vampire?
heheh, in the 5th pic, i could imagine Kain saying "look Ma, i have telekenesis!!"
on the 1st pic lower part, it looks like Kain had a Reaver upgrade

last pic lower part, i wonder what reaver could that be?

Glucolisis
4th Oct 2003, 00:58
This game is going to make me crazy!!

Ken Cow!
4th Oct 2003, 01:55
There are also some new pics and updated impressions at IGN Xbox.

And the titles of the pics suggest that. . .

Kain is fighting the demons at Avernus, not Dark Eden like some of us may have conjectured. And Raziel fights Janos in a cemetary.

Umah Bloodomen
4th Oct 2003, 03:12
That the top-left image is a new and improved altar of Hash'ak'gik? Wouldn't that sure be something?

EDIT: Raz looks like he's found a higher power there in the lower-right image. I'm also looking forward to the revenge of the Fire Demons. Muhahahah.

Thanks for sharing, Blinc!

Threxxor
4th Oct 2003, 04:40
Ohhh, these shots are such a tease! It's not fair. I can't wait!! :D

Is it possible that Kain has a rage bar in this game? The Blood Reaver glows in one shot like it did in Blood Omen 2 when you casted rage or berserk, or immolation... oh, just imagine that: immolation!

LOKFan
4th Oct 2003, 06:03
Wow! Thanks blincoln! Those pictures are just awesome!

- That kind of does look like it could be Hash'ak'gik's altar in picture 1
- I can just imagine my laughter and vengeance at throwing demons around with TK.
- Are those Hylden in picture 3?
- Raziel has a coil around his arm!
- Whoa! What happened to Kain in picture 7?
- Is that the Dark Reaver in the last picture?

kongg
4th Oct 2003, 08:09
I think the creature is trying to cast a spell thus the blue mystic symbols ard it!!

LoK#1
4th Oct 2003, 12:56
how come when i got to the link all i get is a black screen ? it shows gamespot etc but no pictures ggrrrr

PeopleAreFood
4th Oct 2003, 14:14
Nelo...i don't think those are Hylden. they look more like very old Ancients. they have cloven hands and feet(i think). those things sticking out their back look like wings. just without feathers.
the only problem is that they look like they want to attack.

i don't know i just can't wait to get my hand on the game.
i just keep watching the trailer i got with my PSM mag.
God! the pain of waiting!

~yours in blood~

InsaneScorpion331
4th Oct 2003, 14:29
PeopleAreFood, i think you might want to add spoiler tags on the 1st part of your post. ;)

PeopleAreFood
4th Oct 2003, 15:19
well i don't see why. i just shared an idea.
i have no proof that what i said was a fact.
on the other hand i have no problem doing so
but how do i add a spoiler to a post that is already up?

~your in blood~

Omega
4th Oct 2003, 15:23
Oh.

My.

Goddess!

This game better come out soon, the graphics in it look truely amazing (though thats not my main, or even on the top 100 reasons for being concerned)...

I'm making it a point not to think too much about the plot, or read theories, I mean, what if something I read is true, and expect it in the game?

Better to expect the unexpected ;)

Great shots, and thanks for sharing man :)

warpsavant
4th Oct 2003, 15:27
Look at the pretty pictures.

Sayel
4th Oct 2003, 18:23
Look (http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/914778_20031003_screen028.jpg) at this pic.

Doesn't that guy look like that baldy vampire hunter you came across in Stahlberg?
He also wields two of those arm blades.

Mister_jack
4th Oct 2003, 18:47
IGN has also 5 new (very high res)screenshots:
link (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=73&object_id=566683&adtag=network=ign&site=xbox&genre=action&genre=adventure&object1=566683&object2=25024&pagetype=medialist&page_title=Legacy+of+Kain%3A+Defiance)

they have posted also a preview (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/453/453052p1.html)

warpsavant
4th Oct 2003, 19:16
Big pretty pictures this time. I thought this was pretty funny, from Mr Jacks preview link

Along with the improved camera system, Crystal Dynamics also upgraded the look of the game with super detailed versions of Raziel and Kain. In Blood Omen 2, Kain looked like an aristocratic pansy. Now, in Defiance, he looks like the super evil, blood sucking badass that he really is, even if his sword is all curvy like a curly fry. The wraith-like Raziel looks better than ever with a semi-skeletal body and that damn scarf (cold shouldn't bother dead spirits) he's known for.

Embla
4th Oct 2003, 20:08
Thanks alot for sharing, Ben and Mister_jack. :)

Lucent
4th Oct 2003, 20:47
In the first picture on the site Blincon linked to, the altar image, there is a very ovious circle on the floor, close examinations of the engravings in the circle depict seasonal imagery, and near the hub of the circle are zodiac signs.

This definately looks like some form of Calendar. Judging from the motif of the statues flanking either side of te room, their wings look like how the hylden originally depiceted themselves before their casting into the demon dimension.

However there are feathered winged beings near the book at the center of the altar.

This, I do not think, is the Avernus Altar, due to the lack of bones. However it could very well be an important tie between the Hylden and ancients. I'm guessing it is the home of one of the previous members of the circle of the nine, perhaps Bane, due to the map of the natural cycle.

Quicksilver
4th Oct 2003, 21:28
Just a thought - look at the screenshot of the big oriental type fellow lying flat on his back on the official website (2nd lot of screenshots, 3rd from last I think) - and tell me that those tattoos over his eyes don't look familiar...

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/gss/lokdefiance/

darien_specter
4th Oct 2003, 23:29
These are AMAZING!

The EARTH Reaver, I presume? (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/lokdefi/screens.html?page=55)
So I think we've seen, so far, Fire, Air, and Earth... any others? And it seems clear that the elemental Reavers will actually behave in different ways in combat - fantastic!

What titles? I don't see them (on Gamespot...)

Umah Bloodomen
5th Oct 2003, 02:04
Originally posted by PeopleAreFood
well i don't see why. i just shared an idea.
i have no proof that what i said was a fact.
on the other hand i have no problem doing so
but how do i add a spoiler to a post that is already up?

~your in blood~

SPOILERS are being emphasized as a courtesy to other members who may not want to be exposed to certain speculation and/or cold hard facts.

You can add them to your post after-the-fact by utilizing the EDIT button of the lower right-hand corner of any of your posts. I have provided step-by-step instructions for you here. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24439) :)

Stephenls
5th Oct 2003, 04:46
Gee, I sure wish Gamespot would stop being down..

grumblegrumblegrumble...

Reaver of Souls
5th Oct 2003, 05:01
You can see all (or proabably most) of the screens at the official website (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/gss/lokdefiance/) if Gamespot isn't working for you, Stephenls.

Stephenls
5th Oct 2003, 09:23
From the thumbnails and three full screenshots I managed to see before Gamespot decided to stop working, it has a completely different set of screenshots. I want to finish looking at them, I do.

darien_specter
5th Oct 2003, 20:36
The one that I posted looks to my eyes to have a greenish tint. On the official website, both that same picture and the one immediately following it have this same greenish coloration, hence to me it seems to be the Earth Reaver... But we'll all know in a month and half! :D

DarkWraith
5th Oct 2003, 22:49
I love the way the screenshots have been steadily getting more and more refined. You can sense the impending arrival of the game. It's close to the time!!
DW

LoK#1
6th Oct 2003, 12:10
Nelo (thanx btw) posted two lnks to different pics 1 for the xbox and the other for the ps2 i used these 2 links to go to the pic then scroll through each pic and get them,its the only way it will work for me as whenever i go to the screen index i get buggerall:D
p.s. the xbox and ps2 have a few different 1.s so go throo both

Apocrypha Roxy
6th Oct 2003, 17:26
-screech of glee-

I KNEW IT FROM WHEN I FIRST SAW THAT PICTURE!!! :eek:

-slaps sticker on her head-

Avernus or BUST!!:D

Lady_D
7th Oct 2003, 08:55
Wicked man, just wicked!! I can't wait!

Reaper007
7th Oct 2003, 16:18
Originally posted by Quicksilver
Just a thought - look at the screenshot of the big oriental type fellow lying flat on his back on the official website (2nd lot of screenshots, 3rd from last I think) - and tell me that those tattoos over his eyes don't look familiar...

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/gss/lokdefiance/ looks like razs clan symbol to me, could raz be to blame for the extinction of his clan and not kain?

Reaper007