PDA

View Full Version : The Keep FM question please

netwave92
1st Oct 2003, 19:39
After opening the door with the skull of Brother Apache, how do I open the big gate after crossing the bridge and entering that big room to get to Ramirez's henchmen? I am currently trapped in that big room with a rock solid gate?:(

Nightwalker
1st Oct 2003, 20:01
Ooops! You can't get there from where you are, at least in the version of the Keep that's in the 4-pack. You need to have all the other objectives completed before you go down into that area. If you're playing the re-released version of the Keep, you can climb back up some ledges (though it's not easy, it can be done) to get to the area where the henchmen are.

netwave92
1st Oct 2003, 20:31
How am I supposed to get out then? The only objective left for me to do is to get to the Keep and take Ramirez's henchmen before they finish their job and to get out alive after saving the world. I am playing the March 27, 2000-Oct. 20, 2002 version released by Apache and Flakeman.

Nightwalker
1st Oct 2003, 23:39
That's the newer version. Climb the ladder right behind the platform where you placed the skull, then look up. You'll see some platforms on one wall and the other, slanting wall is wood. If you can manage to get to the top, you'll be able to complete the objective to kill of the henchmen, then go back down to the place where you put Apache's skull and cross the walkway.

netwave92
3rd Oct 2003, 07:14
I did get to the top back to where I entered from. But what henchmen is he talking about? I had kill all the guards just before I went down to get to the beast. Didn't find any man working on something. Where are these henchmen?

Nightwalker
3rd Oct 2003, 12:24
The usual cause for that problem is that one of them isn't really dead. I've had that happen myself. Try going around to each of the guards and whacking them a few times with your sword, from different angles, to make sure they've all been finished off.

netwave92
8th Oct 2003, 18:47
Alright Nightwalker, I tried to kill all of them with the sword and went down to the walkway and still that big gate is closed. I've taken out all of the henchmen, how come the objective isn't check yet? What am I still missing here?:(

Nightwalker
8th Oct 2003, 20:25
You may have hit a bug, though every time I've come across this problem before, it's been because one of the henchmen wasn't dead. I'm afraid that's the only thing I can think of so if you're sure you've finished them all off, I'd just call it done and move on to the next FM. You're only seconds from finishing it anyway. :)