PDA

View Full Version : FFVII In-game Control Issues

Sburns015
15th Aug 2012, 13:24
My first issue is when I get ready to start the game the cursor goes back and forth between the "New Game" and "continue" option rapidly by itself so im unable to select "New Game"when I unplug the keyboard it stops... I've tried other keyboards and I get the same problem . My second issue is game pad input is not taken by the game... ive tried both an old gravis game pad and a 360 controller, I can assign different buttons to them in the game settings but I cant PLAY the game with them.

I would like to get these issues resolved, if not I want a refund and i'll just pull out the old PSX and play it on that!

Sburns015
15th Aug 2012, 14:03
Well I solved the first issue by starting the game with keybord unplugged, second issue still there, cant use my controller.

member_10431925
16th Aug 2012, 11:53
I am also having the weird jumping cursor issue.

Specifically the game acts like the left arrow is being pushed constantly. By sheer luck of hitting "x" at the right time I started a new game, once it starts and you have control of your character, you don't. Cloud just runs to the left. When you hit the first battle, all that happens is it blinks "CHANGE" on and off because it thinks you are pushing the left arrow repeatedly.

So, game is useless until it can actually be controlled.

Sburns015
20th Aug 2012, 02:01
Try unplugging your keyboard before you start the game, then plug it in once the the game goes to the title screen, that worked for me.

quigonkenny
28th Aug 2012, 19:04
Had the same cursor issue and also found that when I removed my bluetooth dongle (via which my keyboard and mouse connect to the PC) the problem would go away, but when I removed my keyboard batteries, it would not. Then I realized that I also had a bluetooth profile for a (disconnected) Wii controller set up on the same bluetooth dongle. When I deleted the Wii controller profile (Devices and Printers ==> right-click Wii controller ==> remove) the problem went away. So if you have he same cursor/controller issue, check to see if you have any other devices using the same connection (bluetooth, USB hub, etc.) as your keyboard. I imagine any keyboard mapping software could also cause the same issue.

I also have the same gamepad issue, where the controller (360) just doesn't pick up at all in-game. I, also, can remap controls for the buttons, etc., in the FFVII launcher, but in-game, it might as well not even be plugged in. I don't currently have access to a different controller, so I don't know if this is a global controller issue or just an issue with the 360 controller (which communicates differently with Windows, IIRC). Would be nice if we could get an answer on this issue, as the keyboard controls suck.

Izrafiel
29th Aug 2012, 15:59
Ok, I got this after hours of trying. Go to the control panel, then open window where u can see your installed hardware (mouse, pads etc.). Right click in your game pad -> settings of game controllers -> advanced options and select which game pad u want to use with older programs. I'm using windows 7, and sorry if I wrote something wrong cos I'm runnin on Polish wersion of it ;p hope it will help.

quigonkenny
29th Aug 2012, 22:53
Ok, I got this after hours of trying. Go to the control panel, then open window where u can see your installed hardware (mouse, pads etc.). Right click in your game pad -> settings of game controllers -> advanced options and select which game pad u want to use with older programs. I'm using windows 7, and sorry if I wrote something wrong cos I'm runnin on Polish wersion of it ;p hope it will help.

This worked like a charm. Dziekuje bardzo.

Izrafiel
31st Aug 2012, 13:55
I'm glad I could help ;]

Aglove5-406508
18th Sep 2012, 22:56
When I load up the game, my character always goes up like my keyboard button is stuck... It is not my keyboard

quigonkenny
20th Sep 2012, 21:56
If you're using a gamepad, try a couple things:

Unplug the gamepad from the PC, wait for Windows to do its little noise that indicates you've removed it, plug it back in, wait for it to make the noise that indicates you've plugged something in, and then...

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7:

Click the Start button, then the "Devices and Printers" button, right-click on your gamepad in the list of devices and select "Game controller settings"...

If you are using Windows xp:

Click the Start button, then select "Control Panel" (or Start button => Settings => Control Panel), then select "Game Controllers"...

On both:

Highlight your gamepad in the "Game Controllers" window (if there is more than one controller installed) and click "Properties", and make sure your gamepad is calibrated correctly (click the "Settings" tab, then "Calibrate" if it isn't). Sometimes if a directional stick or button is inadvertently pressed in a direction when the computer is turned on (if the controller was sitting upside down, for instance), then that will be set as "center" by the computer, and so it needs to be reset.

If that doesn't work, open the "Game Controllers" panel back up (follow the individual Vista/7 or xp directions), highlight your controller and select "Advanced...", then make sure your gamepad is selected under "Preferred device" (you may not have this option on xp). This tells you computer to access your controller in a similar mode to how older versions of Windows did (like Windows 98, which was current when the game originally came out). Some controllers, like the XBOX 360 controller, will require this.

Hope one of those works.

zf1krew
23rd Jun 2013, 14:16
When I start the Game the cursor jumps back and forth over the continue / new game I can counter it for 1/2 second by using any of the arrow keys, if I start a game and get into battle it does the same thing like one of the controls is locked on, I have tried with default contorls and by switching all of the controls, might be worth noting it is a full keyboard on a desktop not a game pad, sent an email to squareenix tech help but they won't send anything back any ideas?

Grimoire
24th Jun 2013, 04:29
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

member_10251972
9th Jul 2013, 18:25
Hey guys. So I've been gaming FF7 for the last 16 years or so, and it'll always be the greatest of all time for me. I have a question that I can't seem to find from anyone else despite how glaring it is to me. On the Steam/SE Store version, when navigating through a menu, if you press down, for example, and then select really quickly, it'll skip over the item you actually intended to select. For example, in a battle, let's say there's just Attack, Magic and Item. If the cursor is currently positioned at Attack and I press down and select (circle) really quickly, it actually skips over Magic and selects Item. It does this in every menu in the game, and it also does it if you're skipping through characters with L1/R1.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I can't possibly be the only one who's noticed this. It actually makes the game unplayable to me. I've always been big on navigating through menu's quickly, and if there isn't a mod or some kind of fix for this then I'm going to be incredibly sad lol.

Any help would be amazing!