PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex --> DX Movie --> DX: IW

Machinax
1st Oct 2003, 15:13
Don't know if someone's put this forward before, but considering that the "standard" (all three) ending for Deus Ex has been adopted for DX:IW - would it be possible that the Deus Ex movie would do the same? i.e. in the movie, JC would kill Bob Page, merge with Helios and shut down world telecommunications, as a way of satisfying all those who played the game and chose one of the three endings?

Random
2nd Oct 2003, 03:24
If the movie finishes in the same way as the game, I'd say you're right and all those things will happen. But we don't know how similar the film will be. It's supposed to be using plotlines from both DX1 and DX2, so it might end up a bit different.

Machinax
2nd Oct 2003, 06:03
Where'd you read that the movie will take elements from the second game?

Random
2nd Oct 2003, 07:10
Gamespot interviewed Greg Pruss, the screenwriter, a while back and that's what he said. I can't find the download link to the interview video, but here's another interview (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/388/388626p1.html), which says the same thing.

The quote from the video went something like this: '[The film is] driven by the first character, JC Denton, and along the way [we are] trying to include things that may be in the second game so that we can kind of dovetail our efforts so that those that aren't familiar with the first game won't be lost, and those who have been playing both of them all the way through will also have a good time.'

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
2nd Oct 2003, 08:32
hmmm since DX : the movie is supposed to be released in 2004 (according to imdb at least), it should mean the game will be out before 2005

let's keep hope

Machinax
3rd Oct 2003, 01:21
How...optimistic.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
3rd Oct 2003, 07:27
I'm a patient man...

but not THAT patient I wouldn't want to wait another year, I don't have many games left to replay..

Machinax
4th Oct 2003, 05:22
Heh, true.

Curious, isn't it? The Matrix Revolutions comes out November 5. If the prophecies are to be believed, less than a month later, Deus Ex: Invisible War comes out. If things go as planned, it should be a great way to end the year.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
6th Oct 2003, 10:29
yep. and LOTR : ROTK is out on December, 17th, if I remember correctly

(and the Extended DVD of LOTR : TTT should be out end of November)

(not good for my bank account, all this)

Machinax
6th Oct 2003, 19:14
Hehehehe, luxuries vs. necessities.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
9th Oct 2003, 09:59
yes I've always thought i didn't need eating THAT much. (I mean, who needs 2 meals a day, when you can play DX:IW instead?)

Machinax
9th Oct 2003, 18:25
Can you imagine if The Matrix Revolutions and Deus Ex: Invisible War were released the same week??

:eek:

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
10th Oct 2003, 07:42
I could. a long time ago. before they said they would release it begining of december (arrghh)

Trollslayer
10th Oct 2003, 13:39
Usually movies that try to adapt works of fiction like videogames or comicbooks tend to aglomerate many things together, or changing them all together. I wouldn't be surprised if the DX movie ended up doing the same: skipping some parts of the story, convert others, add a cheap tie-in to Invisible War, and let some sort of question or catchphrase hang in the air, so it'll hint at a DX movie sequel.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
10th Oct 2003, 13:46
as long as the sequel is released to make us wait for DX3 (and is not too bad), it's ok with me

Machinax
10th Oct 2003, 15:47
....has DX3 even been thought of yet?

52 days.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
13th Oct 2003, 10:47
oh, I'm quite confident it has. after all, they must have left open endings, so they must have thought of the next episode to fill them. like they did in DX1, by the way. nothing has been solved, at the end of DX1 : illuminati are stille there, even if they are weakened, meagacorps are still there, and so on. so I guess the end of DX:IW will be at least that open, giving ground for a DX3. I ope so, at least

Random
13th Oct 2003, 12:26
I'm not sure if DX3 will be related, actually. In one of the more recent interviews, Harvey Smith said DX2 continued the stories of some characters that weren't properly wrapped up after DX1. DX3, he said, will likely be something quite separate.

I think the deusex3.com domain has already been registered by Eidos, too. ;)

Machinax
13th Oct 2003, 23:17
DX3...wow.... some serious mindfuc-- oops, sorry.

I wouldn't mind if the DX series turned out to be a triology, with a big climatic ending in the third installment, a la Lord of the Rings/Matrix. I mean, I would hate seeing DX5, DX 6, whatever, if the gamemakers had run out of ideas and were just issuing lame DX clones for the sake of keeping the franchise going.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 07:52
Originally posted by Machinax
I mean, I would hate seeing DX5, DX 6, whatever, if the gamemakers had run out of ideas and were just issuing lame DX clones for the sake of keeping the franchise going.

Hmmm knowing the developpers, it's unlikely they go on releasing games if they don't have something to put in it.

Random
14th Oct 2003, 08:23
According to Warren Spector, they'd have to kill him before they started doing rehashes. ;)

auric
14th Oct 2003, 10:16
I can think of a 3rd part. :D

with all this nano augs, nano tools, nano virusses, nano this & nano that.

they may soon find out a threat in these nanites. they are our worst enemies. :p

Can't think of a way to make them sound more threatening, but I'm getting a picture that they are over using nanites.

Like the multi tools, they uses nsnites right, so by constantly hacking or picking locks, they are leaving a horde of nanites every where they go. & augmented units getting blown or hit in anyway spreads nanites on the ground, wall, air, etc.

Or maybe Mr. Pagy has a legacy left behind, unless thats what part 2 is about. :p

I don't know ;) sounds crazy right.

Trollslayer
14th Oct 2003, 11:08
God help us if a Hollywood wannabe producer thinks its a good idea :rolleyes:

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 11:48
Deus Ex 3 : Page With a vengeance...

Ok, lets try to find a title for DX3

auric
14th Oct 2003, 12:28
Well, crazier things have been produced. :p

"Conspiracy Within" :D

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 12:40
Return of the Deus Ex, maybe ("Return of" seems to do well with 3rd episodes)

Catman
14th Oct 2003, 12:55
I'd like to see a little game following the adventures of Chad, starting with his early days running through the streets of Paris cutting the neckties off policemen.

Perhaps then we'd find the answer to why he quotes Bahktin rather than Foucault during his conversation with JC Denton.

;)

auric
14th Oct 2003, 13:39
Chad? who's Chad.

hmm. Chad, Chad, :confused: nope doesn't ring a bell.

Who's he & what he do? in part 1.

must have not played for a while. :)

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 13:43
the leader of Silhouette, in the bunker, in France.

auric
14th Oct 2003, 13:49
what is [Bahktin & Foucault]?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 15:27
philosophers, I guess (I don't know bahktin)

Catman
14th Oct 2003, 18:05
Yes, and the point: Bahktin is Russian, Foucault is French, and they say pretty much the same thing with regard to the point Chad was making.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
15th Oct 2003, 07:11
In that case, the explanation is simple : he is tring to show off : for a french guy, quoting a french philosopher may seem too common. whereas a russian philosopehr, THAT's education

Machinax
15th Oct 2003, 14:38
Damn Europeans :P

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
16th Oct 2003, 07:23
I thought it was more "God Damn Europeans", to stay in a DX surrounding

Machinax
16th Oct 2003, 14:26
I'll be real fancy here: Deus Condemnatus Europa.

F3nyx
27th Oct 2003, 03:10
I think it would be closer to "Condemnati a Deo Europeana" or something.

Machinax
27th Oct 2003, 04:37
Damn...us.