PDA

View Full Version : Poll: coolest legacy of kain game

kain-the-great
30th Sep 2003, 00:17
coolest legacy of kain game.:D choose now please

Fury
30th Sep 2003, 01:01
oooo tough choice really :eek: cos there all good!!

I had to go with Blood Omen 2 cos I liked the dark gifts, and the different outfits Kain wore and the different areas too :)

I would have gone for Soul Reaver 2 but I didn't like the way you kept going back and forth over the same areas but in different times :(

Umah Bloodomen
30th Sep 2003, 01:48
Blood Omen. Good story, decent gameplay, and hours and hours of fun. (Not to mention that it's the reason why we're all here today). ;)

LOKFan
30th Sep 2003, 06:01
The coolest? Now, that's a difficult one.
Now, the best LOK game is Blood Omen but the coolest...

*thinks*

Sorry, but I really don't think of the LOK series in terms of cool. But I do think of it in terms of great, amazing, dramatic, gripping, tentative, etc. but not cool

the dark one
30th Sep 2003, 09:12
soulreaver, It's what got me hooked and it's the one that's music is forever going through my head.

Rook
30th Sep 2003, 10:51
Without a doubt, Soul Reaver 2. It was absolutely enthralling - especially the end!http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/eek.gif

hippiechk
30th Sep 2003, 12:43
Soul Reaver. It's what got me hooked also. And I still melt whenever I watch the intro. Get's me every time ;)

Cold_Killer
30th Sep 2003, 15:02
I think Soul Reaver was the best of the series, I mean, Look at it. Its long game, has really cool move, and at the same time you run with a little blue guy (same with SR2 but this ones better). Although the graphic arent the best, i dont care cuz its the best one. It has the brothers wich is very cool. You get the abilities for the 1st time and you see how Raziel gets them, and even how he obtained the Wraith Blade.

Soo i go with Soul Reaver, One of the best games ive played...

Alastor
30th Sep 2003, 16:09
I have to agree with them, Soulreaver is da bomb. First of all, I loved the story (coming back for those who seek your demise), the non-linear gameplay, dispatching enemies with your weapon of choice and the cutscenes of you taking your brothers' souls. This is the game that got me hooked on the series and the graphics to me were more than okay. :p

And the ending of SR1... tell me that didn't send any of you racing to CD, asking the release date for SR2. :D

Can I get an Amen... ?

Apocrypha Roxy
30th Sep 2003, 18:06
SR2 for me.

Superior voice-over, gorgeous scenery, amazing puzzles even though the combat was lackluster. Plus it was my first game in the series. :D

And after playing the PC version and finding out about the PS2 extras, it's what compelled me to get a PS2. And that's how I first saw the SR1 intro. -drool-

I liked them all, but SR2 is the one for me.

darien_specter
1st Oct 2003, 00:02
SR2, for many of the same reasons Roxy just said. Except I started on SR. The quality of the voice acting is phenomenal... it's the best game in the series graphically... And no darned blocks! :p

warpsavant
1st Oct 2003, 01:12
I think Soul Reaver is the best game.

I think Sr2 is a shadow of what it could have been, I cant vote for that game even though I probably like it the best.

Apocrypha Roxy
1st Oct 2003, 01:34
Here's hoping that Raz will encounter few block puzzles in Defiance.http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/party/beerchug.gif

darien_specter
2nd Oct 2003, 04:42
Amen to that! :D

I can see it now... escaping the hellish maze of the Underworld...

ELDER: Raziel... for defying me... you must arrange these forty blocks into the correct mural or you will never escape...

That is a good point, warp.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Oct 2003, 04:49
SR is a good game, but it's my least favorite in the series. Looking back on it, it's a bit repetative with the curse of the block puzzles, and tediously long, drawn out & boring at times. It's good for a replay now and then, but I could've been content with completing it once. **shrugs**

Alastor
2nd Oct 2003, 16:09
SR is a good game, but it's my least favorite in the series. Looking back on it, it's a bit repetative with the curse of the block puzzles, and tediously long, drawn out & boring at times. It's good for a replay now and then, but I could've been content with completing it once. **shrugs**

No one said it didn't have it's share of problems, but what it lacked in creativity with puzzles, I think it more than made up for in it's combat, story and everything else.

Besides, I don't think Blood Omen was that good a game :p
**runs away to avoid angry glares**

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Oct 2003, 17:21
Originally posted by Alastor
No one said it didn't have it's share of problems, but what it lacked in creativity with puzzles, I think it more than made up for in it's combat, story and everything else.

Besides, I don't think Blood Omen was that good a game :p
**runs away to avoid angry glares**

As I said, it was a good game, just not my favorite. (Nor is it the best thing I have ever played). The combat wasn't all that great and the story was good, just a little dragged out in parts. Sorry, but running around Nosgoth for hours on end, doing very little in the process, just isn't that exciting to me.

Apocrypha Roxy
3rd Oct 2003, 02:10
... how come Defiance isn't on the list, eh?http://216.40.249.192/s/cwm/3dlil/eek13.gif

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Oct 2003, 03:04
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
... how come Defiance isn't on the list, eh?http://216.40.249.192/s/cwm/3dlil/eek13.gif

I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the fact no one has played it (in it's final released glory) yet. :rolleyes: :p ;)

Unholy Messiah
3rd Oct 2003, 03:29
if it was favorite in the series I'd go with SR2, but since it's coolest imma have to go with SR... I like the glyph spells, even if they don't get used that often (atleast i don't use them much) and the fact that it has the cool (in my opinion) boss fights... :)

The Amazing Rando
3rd Oct 2003, 04:54
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
... how come Defiance isn't on the list, eh?

Hey, no boots=no dice. It could've ended the poll right there with boots thrown in or a confirmed VV for old times' sake. Really, a shame.

NoobSaibot
3rd Oct 2003, 18:18
So far Soul Reaver 2. the first was good , but SR2 took it to a whole new level.

garbagefanuk
14th Oct 2003, 15:13
It's a toughie... SR1 that game is the reason i'm still playing today. It had such a compelling story and i was sooooooo furious when it ended with to be continued :) I liked the landscape of SR1 in a world falling to pieces. SR2 had alot more thought put into the story and nicer graphics but i loved the idea of chasing Kain across the landscape and feeding on your brothers souls. SR2 was basicly chase Kain for 5 minutes then get confused at why you let him live, then spend the rest of the game running away from him 'cause he bugs you :D

The Blood Omen games were good but i'm a Raziel fan in the end. I like the idea behind him.

Oh its got to be said, i liked the block puzzles and really there wasn't that many of them. Most of the bigger ones were optional for extra goodies and you didn't have to bother with them if you couldn't be bothered. :)