PDA

View Full Version : Will Raziel Kill younger Kain if he encounters him

mindbender
28th Sep 2003, 04:08
Okay I was just visiting a website and there i read that raziel would probably encounter a younger kain in Defiance, this is kind of old information but it really interest me because as it goes, LOK-D is set in around the same time that Blood Omen takes place. So if raziel does meet younger Kain, well he choose this opportunity to kill him, knowing that this can save the pillars and fate of the entire world

Stephenls
28th Sep 2003, 04:19
Nah. By the end of Soul Reaver 2, Raziel knows that Kain's necessary for the survival of the Pillars. He still hates the guy, but at least he's willing to work with him.

mindbender
28th Sep 2003, 04:31
would raziel no kill younger kain in order for all that happened to me cancelled out. If younger Kain is gone then everything proceeds as planned the pillar will be restored, through it is for the humans but still....

LoK#1
28th Sep 2003, 07:59
Originally posted by mindbender
would raziel no kill younger kain in order for all that happened to me cancelled out. If younger Kain is gone then everything proceeds as planned the pillar will be restored, through it is for the humans but still....
Then Raziel wouldnt exist cause Kain would never raise him and Squiddy would be in his element then!

HotHead
28th Sep 2003, 09:41
History abhores a paradox. If Raziel kills younger Kain, Kain wouldn't raise him as a vampire and Raziel wouldn't be alive to travel in the past and Kill the younger Kain. And besides, I'm not so sure that Raziel has such a beef with Kain now anyways. Raziel now knows that the pillars should belong to the vampires and if Kain dies the pillars will chose new human guardians instead.
And I'm willing to bet that once the humans regain the pillars, the Hilden will come out of hiding and seek their chance for revenge for being banished by the ancient vampires. Or at least this is what I think. I'm still not quite sure. I guess I'll just have to wait till the game comes out. Which will solve my other question of why Janos must stay dead.

LOKFan
28th Sep 2003, 10:39
In SR2, Raziel has come to realize that killing Kain may not restore the Pillars and it will make no difference to Nosgoth.

Originally said by Raziel
Then consider this more ominous possibility - what if Kain's death does not restore the Pillars? Consider that it may simply be too late. That this world may be beyond redemption.

Originally said by Raziel
If I even suspected that destroying you would make any difference, I would do it this instant.

Whether this is true or not remains to be seen but it is my belief that : -

Kain is not the Balance Guardian. In BO, you had to return the binding item of the Guardian to restore his/her Pillar. The binding item of the Balance Guardian is his/her soul. Ariel was the Balance Guardian but her soul has not been returned to the Balance Pillar.

Soul Reaver
28th Sep 2003, 12:26
But I suspect that Kain'll be meeting heis younger self... Member BO? Moebius: And a creature from the future... You And thn follows battle between Young and old Kain... The young one beats the older one, or does he? Kain wouldn't be stupid enough to kill his past self... I think he uses some teleportation or telekinesis or something to make it appear as if he was killed... Maybe LoK: D will show us that... time will tell.

The Amazing Rando
28th Sep 2003, 21:03
Originally posted by LOKFan

Whether this is true or not remains to be seen but it is my belief that : -

Kain is not the Balance Guardian. In BO, you had to return the binding item of the Guardian to restore his/her Pillar. The binding item of the Balance Guardian is his/her soul. Ariel was the Balance Guardian but her soul has not been returned to the Balance Pillar.

First off, Raz was referring to the Kain from the SR era when he said he thought it wouldn't make a difference.

And Kain is the Balance Guardian. Ariel's soul didn't go back and restore the pillar because she was not the Balance Guardian at the time the Pillars were corrupted. It goes like this:

1)Ariel murdered.

2)Instantly Kain is being born as new balance guardian. It's his job now cuz Ariel is dead.

3)Nup finds Ariel's body as Kain is being born. Nup releases the wave of insanity that corrupts the guardians-including baby Kain.

4)Kain is killed by brigands, but [my speculation] a)Kain is reraised before his soul gets to the pillar or b) the other pillars are not restored before he is raised, allowing Kain to remain as balnce guardian.[/my speculation]

It seems to me that if a guardian is killed when the pillars are not corrupt, that the binding item doesn't need to be returned, it just loses the connection or something. The binding items only seem to need to be returned to restore the Pillars. Ariel's soul wouldn't need to be returned then, because the pillar wasn't corrupted. This isn't a fact tho, as there is definately something going on with Ariel, and since the balnce guardian's item is different than other guardians, we won't be able to say for sure until after Defiance. Who knows, maybe Morty reraised Ariel as a ghost. lol.