PDA

View Full Version : TAFN back online! [26 sept. 2003]

Mike_B
26th Sep 2003, 17:32
The site is up and running again. Many thanks to ragsy & ss666 for their help.

The site has a new news script which allows you to post comments on the news post and offcourse all the latest news.

WeinerMan
26th Sep 2003, 19:13
no offense to those who did the work but that's the slowest loading site in the history of the world! :D and i'm on T1 at work...just thought i'd mention this since the forum is so dull at the moment...

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
26th Sep 2003, 21:48
Originally posted by WeinerMan
no offense to those who did the work but that's the slowest loading site in the history of the world! :D and i'm on T1 at work...just thought i'd mention this since the forum is so dull at the moment...

yeah.......took me like 5 <Edit> 1 minute not 5 gah....<Edit> minute to load (no i'm not kidding). But it's still a great site :D

David
27th Sep 2003, 05:22
ahh,home sweet home :) i still dont get it why it i so slow :confused:

The Best39
6th Sep 2004, 12:07
i wasnt here when TAFN got hacked and it stoped....is it basicly a commandos info site?

sick
6th Sep 2004, 12:15
It was seen as the best Commandos fansite on the net. God knows why, lol.
Currently we are working hard to put it back up again and it will be much more informative than before!! This is because we will also cover other games by Pyro Studios.

The Best39
6th Sep 2004, 12:32
nice ty=)

Mike_B
6th Sep 2004, 15:06
Yup, what sick said. Most of it is ready, we are currently talking with a host to put the site back online. After that it may take a little longer since all the scripts need a fresh install. But we'll let it know as soon as we hear back from them.

FhdQa
6th Sep 2004, 19:09
well done @m and rest of the work-team..

BUT I don't see it any slowness, maby because I heve DSN 265 kbph :) or els

feiyangca
7th Sep 2004, 02:05
where are the commandos 2 info?

David
7th Sep 2004, 02:53
it will be up someday later ;) you just wait :)

Mike_B
7th Sep 2004, 05:12
Originally posted by FhdQa
BUT I don't see it any slowness, maby because I heve DSN 265 kbph :) or els

That's because it's currently hosted at another (temporary) server than were it was located when the post was originally made. The removal of the ads also seemed to speed up things as the additon of some magic speed up code.

Do keep in mind that the version you were looking at is a temporary version only to convince the host to host us. Hence why not everything is in place.

Edited the thread, before people get the wrong impression that it's already back. This is an old thread.

sick
7th Sep 2004, 06:46
Currently I'm working on the Imperial Glory section. The only thing that remains is installing a news script and changing some gfx. (I got the poll to work @m!! :cool: )

Mike_B
7th Sep 2004, 16:44
Originally posted by sick
Currently I'm working on the Imperial Glory section. The only thing that remains is installing a news script and changing some gfx. (I got the poll to work @m!! :cool: )

Yeah, for those who don't know, we'll be covering more than just Commandos in the future. And we'll start off with covering Imperial Glory where sick already has done a great amount of work for. Good to hear the poll works, now think of some options :p

Sgt.Hawk
10th Sep 2004, 08:47
@M, i believe i can be of service

often companies give me servers for.. well i just ask them :D

anyhow i am still a fan of commandos 3, and uhm, i'd like to help out if you need a fast-server, MySQL support, shell support, all that stuff.. + i can help out with some of the scripting, i know pretty much every web language xcept ASP/CGI.

:D pm me and gimme your aim/msn/yim if you have one.

gj. lol

Mike_B
10th Sep 2004, 09:52
PM sent.

Currently we're waiting on the response of the host.