PDA

View Full Version : Not that impressed with AOD!!!

YigoLost_TheLostTomb
25th Sep 2003, 19:47
Simply put...

- the graphics are good
- the levels are to easy and are as boring as playing Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega! I hate games that guide you from one level to the next.
- The level designs have improved tremendously!!!
- I want both pistols back!!!
- The storyline was typical!
- the new cutscenes are nice!
- I think Eidos/Core spent too much time worrying about Lara's boobies giggling than if the game is even worth buying!
- Damn glitches!!!
- What happened to the big guns!!! Lara used to be packin' major heat!!!:D
- The new Lara model looks a bit too much like Michael Jackson:confused: I little more facial details as far as facial details and all of that stuff... just make her look MORE REALISTIC!!!
- What happened to her house??? I know about the whole "Lara died, sell her artifacts and stuff..." but atleast create her a new house or have her return back to her old house. I hope that made some sense:confused:
- STOP WITH THE ACTION INDICATIONS!!! Last thing I need to hear Lara say while jumping across hot lava is "I have strength in my legs now. Now I can make the jump." Really, shut up!!!
- There are major similarties between AOD and the movie "Company Business":confused:
- Damn glitches!!!
- I WANT OLD SCHOOL TOMB RAIDER BACK!!! I WANT THE TOMBS AND THE BATS AND FIGHTING BIG ASS BEARS AND THE THRILLS AND THE SOFT CLASSICAL MUSIC AND THE ONE LINERS FROM ENEMIES AND THE GUNS, OH I LOVE THOSE GUNS!!! I used to play Tomb Raider till the break of dawn, 9-10 hours straight. Now, when I get stuck somewhere, I just turn the game off! TAKE IT BACK TO THE TOMBS!!! Or at least remake TR1 on the new engine!!!
- There nothing wrong with have too many major enemies, the more, the better.

There's more but I think thats enough ranting. Eidos/Core.... just keep it simple! True Tomb Raider fans are intellectuals, they like to think and have to figure out the challenging side of Tomb Raider. With AOD, it seems like you SOLD OUT to please those who are just into the glits/glamour of playing video games! Just keep it real to your TRUE fans!

dhama
25th Sep 2003, 19:54
Originally posted by YigoLost_TheLostTomb
- I WANT OLD SCHOOL TOMB RAIDER BACK!!! I WANT THE TOMBS AND THE BATS AND FIGHTING BIG ASS BEARS AND THE THRILLS AND THE SOFT CLASSICAL MUSIC AND THE ONE LINERS FROM ENEMIES AND THE GUNS, OH I LOVE THOSE GUNS!!!

You've as much right as anyone to express your feelings, but there's no excuse for your statement above, when there are loads of excellent custom levels out there, made by people that want what you want. I wish Tomb Raider was more like the original, but we are in the minority I think.

YigoLost_TheLostTomb
26th Sep 2003, 06:52
What are custom levels and how do I get them???

dhama
26th Sep 2003, 09:30
Go to the 'Tomb Raider Level Editor' forum (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=37) for technical info and help on building Tomb Raider levels...

and...

Go to the 'Tomb Raider Custom Level Corner' forum (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=105) for news of Tomb Raider custom level that have been or are being released.

Have fun. :)

croftmania
26th Sep 2003, 12:10
I completely agree with you. Custom levels, eh? That would be a good idea...

YigoLost_TheLostTomb
27th Sep 2003, 02:08
Really, custome levels though. That's pathetic!

Jewell
28th Sep 2003, 22:59
Originally posted by YigoLost_TheLostTomb
Really, custome levels though. That's pathetic!

What in the world do you mean by that?

Rusty_DK
30th Sep 2003, 04:45
Some of the best TR games i have played have been custom levels...dont knock them till you try them at least...