PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Lag?

scoobified
23rd Sep 2003, 15:54
What is with the lag in the Hall of Seasons? I notice that it occurs mostly when the knights are around. Does anyone know why? It's really frustrating.
I'm just about finishing this level up, has anyone noticed this elsewhere?:mad: :confused:

CyCro
24th Sep 2003, 00:19
Yes, there's a similar lag in other places too. It's caused by the sounds and noises produced by the environment. It's noticeably reduced if you install the two patches and the latest drivers for your video card. A more radical (but not satisfactory) way to deal with it, is to disable the sound in the game settins. You'll notice that there's no lag at all if you disable it, even at higher resolutions. And respectively, the lag is there if you have the sound on, even at 640:480x16-bit...

scoobified
3rd Oct 2003, 17:39
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. However, my boyfriend has now beaten the game. He just dealt w/the lag. Mr. Impatient! :) Have a great weekend!

croftmania
4th Oct 2003, 07:21
Well, I don't remember any lags ;)

RebeL_fARmeR
5th Oct 2003, 11:32
I remember St aicard's Graveyard... Sllllllllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Slower than a lorry with a 60cc engine!
I don't really see why though, there wasn't anything particular about that part of the game that should cause it to run bad... Strange

Nybis
5th Oct 2003, 12:04
I also experienced really bad lag in the Hall Of Seasons level.
But it disapeared when I removed the CD from my DVD player. Since I had done full install I didn't need it anyway.
After doing that I didn't experience any lag anywhere in the game.

Marcus T
5th Oct 2003, 12:34
it disapeared when I removed the CD from my DVD player. Since I had done full install I didn't need it anyway. After doing that I didn't experience any lag anywhere in the game.
Indeed, I made a full install right from the start, and have never experienced any lag phenomenon. :)

CyCro
5th Oct 2003, 13:21
I get 5 - 20 fps in the room of the red ghost, both with full and minimum install...

scoobified
6th Oct 2003, 17:28
The Hall of Seasons was really bad for us as well. It was usually when the Knights would appear. They seemed to be causeing part of the problem. Also in the Biodome, when the mummy creatures appeared, it caused a slow down of the system. Leadnest to say, there was quite a bit of cussing coming from my boyfriend. :)