PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Story Line????

Shiva217
23rd Sep 2003, 12:05
At the point in DX where you switch sides... ie where Paul asks you to check out the base and send a message to Paris.. I have gone to the base and returned to Paul.. if you speak to him you (can) end up saying that you wish to stay with unatco (forgive me if i got the wrong name, haven't played in about a year) and that you and paul should go there seperate ways...

But i can't get any further than this.. was this a possible story line that was made incomplete due to time restrictions etc.. or is it there???

Sorry if there is a thread related to this already.. im new here and at work, so i dont have time to scan all the threads!

Catman
23rd Sep 2003, 12:40
If you choose to not betray UNATCO at this point, the game essentially ends in that you can do nothing more.

One of the few weak points in the game.

Shiva217
23rd Sep 2003, 13:27
aw damn - it would have been cool to be able to follow that line of the story and crush the terrorists and perhaps eventually fight your brother when he tries to kill Bob Page.

cball05
23rd Sep 2003, 22:42
That's very interesting actually - never heard about that before. I can see why the devs never completed that storyline - it would, in effect, double the size of the game. I wonder if any modders out there would like to continue that storyline?

Catman
24th Sep 2003, 12:30
Actually, there is a group out there that started such a mod – but I haven't heard from any of them in quite a while, so I don't know if the project is still moving forward.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
24th Sep 2003, 13:13
does Catman know EVERYTHING?

(is he a CatAI instead?)

Catman
24th Sep 2003, 13:46
No, but I know TechImmortal who is one of the guys working on the mod.

ZenStrata
19th Oct 2003, 11:52
I ran into the same thing. I played through every possibility in this game. This one I wrote the developers on but never got a reply. I gathered that they simply didn't have the time during production to finish fleshing out this side of the story.

Still was a marvelous game though.