PDA

View Full Version : who from dx1 will appear?

mark265
22nd Sep 2003, 04:20
other than jc...who else from the good old days is going to appear in the game?

Fest1984
22nd Sep 2003, 05:21
I would like to see another clone of walton simons :) his gfx was cool.. i liked his coat :D

i think i read somewhere that JC + Paul show up from the post i made about voices..

Id like to see tong or jock :)

Picasso
22nd Sep 2003, 06:17
JC and Paul, of course. I'm looking forward to seeing what JC looks like, 15 years in the future, with much better texture quality.

Tracer Tong will return, as will Nicolette DuClare and Chad (the Silhouette leader, I forget his last name).

The male scientist in the intro movie is probably Wade Walker (Walton Simons' clone from the tanks in Area 51), so it's a distinct possibility that Nick Pausback (Bob Page's clone) will also reappear.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Sep 2003, 13:42
I don't remember if Luis Pan reappears. (I don't think so, especially with what was left of him last time I finished HK)

if he does, I expect he has learnt some respect. if not, he is going for an unexpected return on the reincarnation wheel.

Don
22nd Sep 2003, 15:37
If you think about it, the nanotech-augmented characters who are reappearing in DXIW (such as the Denton brothers) shouldnt appear aged at all. This is because their nanites are capable of continually repairing their cells at the molecular level. In theory they should be immortal.

coldblue
22nd Sep 2003, 16:59
What about Sandra Renton, the daughter of the guy who owns the 'Ton? Her subplot was always kinda unfinished. They have to bring her back.

cball05
22nd Sep 2003, 19:14
I heard that jock is MIA no matter what you did to him in DX1, although I'm not sure if that means that he's out for good or if he reappears later. I wonder if your transportation in DX2 will be similar - the helicopter was nice (very fast :D ) but who knows, maybe you'll meet a nice man with a sailboat or something...

Fest1984
22nd Sep 2003, 20:31
i expect jamie will still be there.. wonder if he went with JC?...

and wonder if Alex is still with tong :)

soo many posiblities :)

shame have to wait till nxt year :(

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
23rd Sep 2003, 07:32
I heard that jock is MIA no matter what you did to him in DX1,

that's funny, I heard exactly the opposite

(and didn't they find teleportation, in this future?)

cball05
23rd Sep 2003, 20:51
Here's where I heard that:

From PlanetDeusEx
Sid Black: One of the two new pilots the player can hire--Jock is MIA regardless of whether or not you saved him in the first game.

http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx2/info/characters/

Of course, that's not completely official, but I doubt that the name Sid Black came from nowhere...

crimson_stallion
28th Sep 2003, 01:22
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
I don't remember if Luis Pan reappears. (I don't think so, especially with what was left of him last time I finished HK)

if he does, I expect he has learnt some respect. if not, he is going for an unexpected return on the reincarnation wheel.

I'm cant remember him.. was he the little kid that nagged for food, or was he the kid in china who kept hassling the store woman? I think it was one of the two but cant remember. The latter got a nice smacking from me when he decided to be rude to me...

illicituprising
28th Sep 2003, 09:34
louis was that little kid in Hong Kong who kept annoying the paper store vender. I think he met my nanosword when he got in the way. ;)

Catman
29th Sep 2003, 12:29
When I play, Dr. Savage adopts Louis Pan and raises him to be a productive citizen.

Trollslayer
29th Sep 2003, 14:52
Originally posted by Catman
When I play, Dr. Savage adopts Louis Pan and raises him to be a productive citizen.

:eek: Let me play that version! :D

illicituprising
2nd Oct 2003, 10:14
No let us all play that version!?! ;)

Centauro
2nd Oct 2003, 12:40
I guess he's talking about knocking Luis Pan unconcious and taking his body to Vandenberg. Y.u'll never actually see those things happen, but you can extrapolate. It' s like the guy/gal (sory, I forgot your name) that took manderley to Hong Kong... there are some screenshots somewhere, maybe in the DX1 forums.

goody
5th Oct 2003, 12:45
I Beat him unconscious and took him to Vnadenburg but my favourite was when i left him on the supertanker unconscious. INstant Karma!!!

Random
5th Oct 2003, 13:37
I took a dead body from the NSF warehouse back to UNATCO HQ and the guards opened fire on me. I would have thought they'd give me a pat on the back, but I guess hauling corpses around HQ is a bit too gruesome.

hakselsen
6th Oct 2003, 01:52
I'm guessing here, but these seem pretty obvious for a sequel:

Jaime Reyes
Alex Jacobsen
Gary Savage
Smuggler
Tracer Tong
Morgan Everett

BMKane
6th Oct 2003, 04:18
Alex, Tracer, and Jaime better return in the sequel. If they don't, I swear to god, I'm going to throw the proverbial gauntlet at the feet of the world.

They were the best characters in the whole game! Well, aside from maybe Jock, of course. I certainly hope Jock reappears, too, though I prolly wont, y'know, blow up the planet if he doesn't.

dirigimaster
6th Oct 2003, 04:53
Me

Skul-Gun
6th Oct 2003, 10:01
Tracer Tong is a definate. I saw a screenshot of him in PCGamer a while back when they did a DX2 preview. Now he actually looks chinese!

BMKane
6th Oct 2003, 10:58
Excellent :D

Tong was one of the cooler characters in DX. I mean he knew just about everything.

Aww man! I totally forgot about smuggler! He was really cool, too, but, I think he got killed by ol' Gunther. Remember Jock said he didn't think he got out in time?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
6th Oct 2003, 11:04
hmmm, since he boobytrapped his place, He must have thought of an emergency escape. (let's be positive)

Random
6th Oct 2003, 12:36
It depends on a dialogue choice. If you tell Smuggler about the UNATCO raid, he'll run off and make it out alive. But if you don't tell him, he'll be blissfully ignorant until Gunther comes storming into his basement.

goody
7th Oct 2003, 16:09
First time i played i was upset about Smuggler dying. Second time I warned him.

Do you nkow that you cant shoot down Jock's helicopter with a GEP gun after yuove got out of it?

Criminal ne c'est pas?

goody
7th Oct 2003, 19:08
Always a good idea to save people, itll scan better with the next game

Amazon Warrior
7th Oct 2003, 23:15
Nicolette DuClares going to be in it? Does that mean I get another go at killing her? She proved to be depressingly GEP-proof in DX. I really, really wanted, whenever she said "that's not funny" to me, to be able to turn round and say "no, but _this_ is soddin' hilarious mate!" and cut her head off with the DTS. There was no getting rid of the woman! :eek:

Smugger was cool tho. He had randomly yellow eyes, and intriguing emails. And interesting kit hidden in his basement. He also had no morals worth speaking of, but you can't have everything, can you?

Jock died the first time I played it. I felt really bad about that.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
8th Oct 2003, 08:38
Nicolette DuClares going to be in it? Does that mean I get another go at killing her?

yes, apparently this time no character will be immortal (some may be very hard to kill, though)

BMKane
10th Oct 2003, 18:00
God: You can't go in this building
Alex: Hmmmm... *checks online FAQ*
FAQ: No characters are immortal in DX2, though they may be difficult to kill

Alex: *pulls out Dragon's Tooth sword* >: )

Amazon Warrior
10th Oct 2003, 23:59
yes, apparently this time no character will be immortal
That's ok then. I can see why they made her and some of the other characters indestructible, tho. They needed them to make the storylines work. Fr'instance, if you'd been able to kill Gunther at the subway station (or indeed the airport- I tried that too ;)), you wouldn't have had him hunting you down through Hong Kong and Paris. And when I did finally have to kill him, I really didn't want to! Felt a bit sorry for him to tell the truth. Not my proudest moment, and I would have loved to have been able to talk him into leaving UNATCO or something. I lent DX to a mate of mine, and he tried to kill Paul on Liberty Island in the first level (actually he tried to kill anything that moved!). DX without Paul would have been very strange.

Roll on DX2! :cool:

Btw Le`Sauver`De`Ces`Dames, for a non-native speaker your English is bloody amazing (better than some brits i know).:cool:

SmoothDrRod
20th Oct 2003, 04:34
Originally posted by Amazon Warrior
That's ok then. I can see why they made her and some of the other characters indestructible, tho. They needed them to make the storylines work. Fr'instance, if you'd been able to kill Gunther at the subway station (or indeed the airport- I tried that too ;)), you wouldn't have had him hunting you down through Hong Kong and Paris. And when I did finally have to kill him, I really didn't want to! Felt a bit sorry for him to tell the truth. Not my proudest moment, and I would have loved to have been able to talk him into leaving UNATCO or something. I lent DX to a mate of mine, and he tried to kill Paul on Liberty Island in the first level (actually he tried to kill anything that moved!). DX without Paul would have been very strange.

Roll on DX2! :cool:

Btw Le`Sauver`De`Ces`Dames, for a non-native speaker your English is bloody amazing (better than some brits i know).:cool:

Am I the only person who tried lining up trash cans, trash bags, ammo crates and the like outside of that hostel in france where when you board the helicopter with nicolette in such a way that gunther runs along the pile you've made and then stuck a couple of lams at the end of his run... only to be disappointed that Gunther some how survived the attack? I think I am the only person who actually bothered to waste 30 minutes of my life accomplishing this so called feat.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Oct 2003, 09:17
Btw Le`Sauver`De`Ces`Dames, for a non-native speaker your English is bloody amazing (better than some brits i know).

thanks (I spent 10 months in England, and wath my films in original versions without subtitles. and my books too. just so I don't loose it)

by the way, it seems some characters will be immortal, not because you can't kill them, but because they are behind unbreakable glass pannel (damn. I wanted to try a total deconstructive walkthroug...)

do you think you can also destroy buildings, with enough LAMs?

gareis
20th Oct 2003, 15:12
do you think you can also destroy buildings, with enough LAMs?

I hope so. I want to put half a dozen LAMs in the room beside the objective, blow everything to smithereens, get in, get out, and watch the guards buzz around like flies at a midden :D

On the other hand, that might destroy my objective, as well. There's a lesson in this: always save before doing anything stupid.

Lawnboy360
20th Oct 2003, 16:44
I highly doubt it. This would require a technology which has only been used in Red Faction, and they would have talked about it if they had it I think. And DXIW isn't a linear shooter like RF, it has cities and being able to destroy buildings you need to access later would be a problem...

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Oct 2003, 17:19
ah, actions and consequences... one of DX's best re-creations...

(if we forget technology and ethic, this is the same as killing a character that could be important to the game : you will have to find another way)

God From Machine
20th Oct 2003, 19:26
There's a lesson in this: always save before doing anything stupid.

Oh that is so true, so many times i saved just so i COULD do something stupid. I remmember using my strength aug and piling up all the exposive tnt crates and barrels in a big pile in the ammo storage at the naval base, then i would go up to the cat walk and jump on it, BOOM. ah those were good times. After all once you beat the game 20 or so times you have to start inventing your own fun:D

Dr Strangelove
20th Oct 2003, 19:28
I hope that Sandra Renton shows up - that subplot was kinda interesting precisely because it had very little to do with the main plot, it just made the world of Deus Ex a more interesting place.

Walton Simons was cool, though I know we probably killed him. (is there a way to avoid doing so?) The male voice in the opening movie sounds like him (his voice was great) and I saw the suggestion that it might be a clone of him somewhere.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Oct 2003, 08:41
Walton Simons was cool, though I know we probably killed him. (is there a way to avoid doing so?)

yes, apparently you just have to wound him severely (thanks Catman for this one)

BMKane
21st Oct 2003, 10:49
Is there any talking that goes with just wounding him, or does he just run away or kill himself? 'cause I'd hate to have missed something like that :(

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Oct 2003, 11:50
I don't know, I haven't got that far since I know of this.(closing in, though)

Random
21st Oct 2003, 12:37
No, there's no more dialogue. He just runs around the cathedral for a while, and if you let him out of your sight, he disappears, never to be seen again.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Oct 2003, 13:11
Walton? in the cathedral? I think you are speaking of Gunther, here...

Catman
21st Oct 2003, 13:29
Still, with Simons, there's no significant dialogue after you wound him -- though he does stop every now and then to tell you what a disappointment you are.

Tbone
21st Oct 2003, 20:49

I don't think I've laughed that hard in a month. :p

For some reason, I frequently went postal on the crazy cat woman (you know, "green greasy greasels") and her half-dozen cats. The cats were fun because they reacted funny to gas grenades. Even though they aren't effected by the tear gas or pepper spray like humans were, they would still run away from them, and if they were close enough to the explosion, it would push them around. If you do it just right, you could make the cat on the roof jump down the elevator shaft, heheh. Other than that, I had an inexplicable animosity to Morgan Everett's maid. She usually falls prey to the "death by trashcan" approach. If she shows up in DX2, I expect she'll have saved me some dinner, this time.

gareis
21st Oct 2003, 21:57
Death by trashcan? Is it even possible to hurt someone like that? (In the game, I mean, not real life. I know you can hurt people in real life by throwing things at them.)

Tbone
21st Oct 2003, 22:15
Oh yeah. You just have to throw it high enough. Trashcans are hard to get proper height with, but they do more damage than chairs, etc., and it's easier to hit your target with them than with smaller objects. Just get close to someone and throw the object nearly straight up, but tilted just a little bit in their direction. If it's apex was at least a couple inches above head level, it will damage them when it lands.

Lightweight objects don't always work, but just about anything of considerable mass (including the dragon tooth sword) will work if it's aimed right. You can also damage/kill yourself this way. It does about 2 damage to your head every time, though, so it takes a while if you don't get yourself to the brink of death first. Cigarettes are very useful in that capacity.

There's several places in the game where it's a lot of fun to run around playing "bar fight" with chairs, trashcans, even beer and wine bottles if you're exceptionally good at it. I've only been able to hit a moving target with a wine bottle once or twice.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Oct 2003, 08:16
it has already been said, but most of us here definitely have a lot too much time with nothing else to do

Dr Strangelove
23rd Oct 2003, 16:01
Quite