PDA

View Full Version : Next Tomb Raider Should Be An Update of Original

tombsavior
22nd Sep 2003, 03:23
I think the next tomb raider game should be an updated version of the original. Tomb Raider 1 is a classic that should get the same make over that games like resident evil 1 got for the gamecube and the original metal gear solid is also getting an update. I believe there is a demand for this game. Please post your remarks so maybe whoever is developing the next tomb raider game can realize if they want another tomb raider to be a blockbuster all they have to do is resurrect the original that started it all.

Tipsko
22nd Sep 2003, 20:50
I disagree with you.

I don't think it is the time yet for tomb raider to recreate the first one. If they'll remake the first one, it has to be spectecular. No console and definatly not the PS2 could make a remake of tomb raider that spectecular. Maybe at the time of the new consoles, or maybe even a generation further, they should remake it.

Besides, we're in the middle of a new storyline.

Tipsko

ggctuk
6th Oct 2003, 09:42
IT SHOULD BE AN UPDATE OF TR1 TO INCLUDE EXTEROIR SETTINGS AND MORE WEAPONS...

TheBoo
7th Oct 2003, 01:09
Originally posted by Tipsko
I disagree with you.

I don't think it is the time yet for tomb raider to recreate the first one. If they'll remake the first one, it has to be spectecular. No console and definatly not the PS2 could make a remake of tomb raider that spectecular. Maybe at the time of the new consoles, or maybe even a generation further, they should remake it.

Besides, we're in the middle of a new storyline.

Tipsko

From a console point of view, your points are valid. However, since I don't have a console and don't plan to have one, let me offer this: If there was (right now) a remake of TR1 with AOD graphics, even if it was with the same plot, weapons, etc, I would still purchase it. I was awed by the scenery in the original game, with today's graphics, it would again be awesome! I enjoy the TR landscape as much as the rest of the game, that's one of the reasons I keep playing LE games.

If the remake included more weapons, game paths, baddies, etc, that would be a little more icing on the cake.

As for the new storyline, I expect it will again be a long wait. A graphically updated TR series would keep me happy until the next episode appeared.