PDA

View Full Version : Improvements for a possible sequel

Y2G
19th Sep 2003, 23:07
Ok I know at the time of typing this BYW isnt even out and its probably gonna be a decent game but I can think of some improvements I (and many friends of mine who backyard) want to see. I think if they made it in then this would be a real rival for the WWE Smackdown and WWE Raw series'. I will list them below: -

1) Realistic moves (some of the moves in the trailers are....... well just stupid and impossible like Def Jam Vendettas finishing moves.)

2) A homemade wrestling ring as some sort as an option (if not already in BYW1.)

firepro_fan
20th Sep 2003, 03:10
completely agreed! and maybe a ton of top US and worldwide indy stars.(not only JCW; maybe, CZW, BJPW, IWA:MS...all the hardcore feds!) No matter what, this game will rule. Just the fact that this game isnt a WWE product makes me like it :).

Pomba Bellazari
21st Sep 2003, 18:07
Why would they even bother putting indy stars in the game? Since when has Sabu ever appeared in a best of backyard movie? I think they should just stick to actual backyard wrestlers that they have on the tapes.

Senor v2
21st Sep 2003, 18:55
firepro i totally agree with you about the other hardcore feds, i would love to see Those nutcases from CZW in a wrestling game.

hanging judge barnum
24th Sep 2003, 02:59
first I think Sabu does belong in the game he was inovative in the hardcore wrestling world. That being said I will move on to my other idea

How about a JCW wrestling arena with a barb wire roped ring and all kinds of weapons in the croud and at ringside and some scafolding to jump off of. Or how about a video arcade with old games to smash. What about a bar or just for effect a college class room complete with some nearby rooms to wreck? I think I saw that on a news report on backyard wrestling. But what about some out of the way places that make sense or what about a factory? It would be just like the slaughter house but bigger what do you think?

twa-e
28th Sep 2003, 03:34
A trampoline is a must for any backyard wrestling , also Create-a-venue option would be cool and a Make Your own BYW fed feature where you mak your venue and your roster of wrestlers then go through a scedule , or booking or something.

Y2G
28th Sep 2003, 08:41
Also whilst on the topic of create a roster what about create a logo?

Y2G
3rd Oct 2003, 22:55
Well at the moment after viewing trailer 4 I dont think I will be buying this game.
Eidos and Paradox did you ask what people wanted in this game? I guess not. Sure BYW is violent but a lot of the moves I have seen on trailers really are....................well to be honest a load of bollocks. The game is called Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This At Home, i dont think many people or maybe anyone would be able to attempt that crap.
Everyone is doing powerful moves like Brock Lesnar and is jumping round like Rob Van Dam or Rey Mysterio!
Plus there is no wrestling ring of any sort from what I can see like previously stated.
If BYW2 is to ever be made, Eidos and Paradox listen to common complaints from the public!

messiah04
4th Oct 2003, 17:28
I have to agree. i've watched the trailers, i was super juiced about the game, but my problems are this:

1: No ring: yes i saw a matress in one level but that was it.

2:Moves and flying moves: ok, the moves for the most part are cool, and someof them make sense cause backyard wrestlers are crazy. but the flying moves!? come on you chuck someone off the roof they hit the ground you do a frog splash and you both get up? please. if BYW 2 gets made, they need to look at other wrestling games, IE: Smackdown. smackdown has for the past couple of years been the game to beat. HEll Look at NO MERCY possibly one of the best and most aggravating wrestling games ever! your character got beat up enough they had trouble getting up. Thats what BYW2 needs. And who the hell came up with the places you fight! A talk shoW? a slaughter house? i may not buy the game but i will at least rent it through www.gamefly.com Hopefully this game doesnt suck so bad that they dont make a sequal.

Lorren K
15th Oct 2003, 20:49
i would like to see...

a much better CAW section, the one they put in this game is wack i want to be able to make a wrestler that looks liek me opr my friends and this game just dont have that option.

more controle over the soundtrack would be nice. tony hawk has an option for you to turn on or off songs in the game from a list in the menu. that would be great for BYW2.

how about a continue option in story mode? it sucks when you are at the end of a stage and get beat and you have to go back and fight 3 other people again to get back to who you were at.

faster loading

HatchetDawg
16th Oct 2003, 07:13
a much better CAW section, the one they put in this game is wack i want to be able to make a wrestler that looks liek me opr my friends and this game just dont have that option.

The Create a wrestler wasn't an real part of the game.... it was added at the last second due to such high demand for it so if a sequal is made it is almost guarenteed that you will have many more option and be able to actually create a wrestler instead of the current "Pick a Wrestler" style

how about a continue option in story mode? it sucks when you are at the end of a stage and get beat and you have to go back and fight 3 other people again to get back to who you were at.

you might notice that once your near the last person on a stage your health starts lower......... your life is carried over to the next fight (with about 1/4 life regeneration).... so if you could just continue you would no longer have the 'carry over effect' challenge

and load times are only a bit of a pain on the ps2 on the xbox it's much more bareable but having the option to start at the begining of the fight again, instead of loading the menu just to load the same fight again , would greatly reduce many of tha minutes spent staring at a load screen

Everyone is doing powerful moves like Brock Lesnar and is jumping round like Rob Van Dam or Rey Mysterio!

i will admit there are a few finishers that a little over exagerated... but that's why they are finishers and not just normal moves..........most of them are very plauseable... i didn't say all so don't flame me about it ....
but RVD and Mysterio style moves aren't really that difficult to do.....it's about 20% actual skill and 80% having the balls to try

and in general about the lack of a ring to fight in (even home-made) it might be in the sequel if one is made but one of the big advertising points of this game was the ability to fight anywhere without the restriction of a ring

i'm not discrediting anyones idea's just explaining some of the decisions

hope this post wasn't too long

Dingo Tha Hatchet Dawg

***just had to edit to include my sig and test it***