PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex Voices...

Fest1984
19th Sep 2003, 21:50
Hi all, this is my first post on here..

I'm a major fan of the first game and was truely adicted to the game so much, as i felt it did what no other game had done before.. freedom of movement choice and customiseable charicter..

Anyhow.. I downloaded this DEIW Intro movie and im not sure if any of you have noticed (tho im sure the die hard gamers have already..) but..

The man in the intro with the hair and beard.. Who was talking to the other women.. He sounds EXACTLY THE SAME as the augmented agent in the first game (i think his name was simon peters?) The man u kill down in the under water station.. (i hope thats his name..) and was wondering if its coincedence.. or wether this bloke is a clone or something... of the original agent.. (i do think its the same voice tho) and was wondering if someone would shed some light on it...

AlteredGlyph
19th Sep 2003, 22:04
The dude is Walton Simons, and yes, the voices are very similar. There are about a billion diffrent comments about it, you should just search through the archives!! YARR!!!

Centauro
20th Sep 2003, 03:45
Actually, he is _not_ Walton Simons, but a clone of him, probably named Wade Walker, from one of the tanks in Area 51. But yes, the voice is done by the same guy. BTW, being AlexD a JC's clone, I wonder if he´ll have the same voice... in the male, at least :D

Picasso
20th Sep 2003, 07:17
No, he won't. Chris Sabat and Laura Bailey are doing voices for the male and female Alex, respectively (http://pc.ign.com/articles/437/437267p1.html?fromint=1). Jay Franke will be doing the voices of J.C. and Paul again.

Fest1984
20th Sep 2003, 11:13
Thanks guys..

I didnt realise how active the forum post was.. But yes thank you AlteredGlyph for corecting me on the "Walton Simons" charicter,

Make for a very intresting story and am looking forward to playing it :)

I just inbetween writing this post looked at that URL posted by picasso and was very impressed with this part "Expect between 30-60 hours of gameplay "

I find that IMO the most crucial part to how much attention and detail they have put into the game..

When i played the first Deus Ex, I didnt try and complete it as fast as i can.. I was the more tjhinking type.. i explored all places and tried to unlock all hidden area's and speak to everyone about everything posible.. this is what i feel made it such a great game.. if not the best game made to date.. as it emerses u in the game.. actualy making u feel like YOU are JC or in the case AlexD..

I must say.. when I first read that You werent going to be JC again i was bit upset as i liked the charicter very much in DeusEx.. and am Hopeing AlexD is exactly the same in opinions and phrases (logical thinking) apart from the apearance and what you actualy choose him to be like yourself..

But i do feel that it will easily be game of the year and do just as well as the first game as it set such a high benchmark.

I am a little concerned about the multiplayer aspect... I play counter-strike mainly as a game and am very unsure about what they will do about the multiplayer side of DEIW.

Im hoping they wont compensate the singleplayer gameplay / story line for the multiplayer side of things as I dont personaly feel the multiplayer side is what intrestes me.. (how can u all be AlexD running around shooting) but i would still like to see what the multiplayer side is like.. but just hoping it wont compramise nothing for it.

AlteredGlyph
20th Sep 2003, 15:57
Just so you don't get worried, fest, there will be no multiplayer!!! Isn't that just cool!

Fest1984
22nd Sep 2003, 05:17
realy.. cool :)

cheers for info :)

God damn Terrorists
23rd Sep 2003, 21:10
Did anyone else just avoid Walton Simons when you were supposed to kill him?After I played the game about One-hundred times I tried to defy the programming,meening keeping paul alive and trying to kill Gunther Hermann in Battery Park,with no prevail however<what other kinds of stuff can you alter in the gameplay?Lemme know.-G.D.T-:rolleyes:

cball05
23rd Sep 2003, 22:40
Originally posted by God damn Terrorists
...with no prevail however

Yeah, there are a few "choke points" that you have to pass through, no matter what. It seems that this will be less of an issue in DX2.

By the way, keeping Paul alive isn't difficult -just don't go out the window!

TehFreak
24th Sep 2003, 21:11
actually, the easist way to save paul is to run out in front of the agents and get "killed", you still end up in the same prison cell etc...

cball05
24th Sep 2003, 21:24
I always enjoyed just locking myself in Paul's secret computer area and dancing around in the dark for a few minutes while Paul killed all of the MIB. I guess you're just there for moral support, because they kill him if you don't dance around in the closet...

jackliu239
24th Sep 2003, 21:36
Originally posted by Centauro
Actually, he is _not_ Walton Simons, but a clone of him, probably named Wade Walker, from one of the tanks in Area 51. But yes, the voice is done by the same guy. BTW, being AlexD a JC's clone, I wonder if he´ll have the same voice... in the male, at least :D

Thats it, just because the voice is Walton Simons and there happens that Wade Walker in A51, that does not mean the guy in the video is Wade Walker.

Because non of my relatives have the same voice as me and especially my father. Just because the voice is the same it doesn't mean they are relative to each other. And how do you explain the voice of JC and Paul? clone brothers with completely different voice.

It just happens that the voice of Simon was very satisfied in DX1, so they put his voice in the new game again.

Fest1984
25th Sep 2003, 05:27
Originally posted by jackliu239
Thats it, just because the voice is Walton Simons and there happens that Wade Walker in A51, that does not mean the guy in the video is Wade Walker.

Because non of my relatives have the same voice as me and especially my father. Just because the voice is the same it doesn't mean they are relative to each other. And how do you explain the voice of JC and Paul? clone brothers with completely different voice.

It just happens that the voice of Simon was very satisfied in DX1, so they put his voice in the new game again.

LOL. TBH i dont belive Ion storm would be so stupid.. There story line was soo indepth in DX1, that anyone tru gamer would of noticed this Straight away... Why are u so disbeliving that it is something to do with wade walker//walton simons..

I belive they diliberatly put that in the intro to get peeps thinking..

as u will have to do alot of that in DEIW... Im very impressed about not being storyline tied like in DX1 where u couldnt not do certain things.. i think free movent and choice will make this an excellent game :)

Fest1984
25th Sep 2003, 05:31
Originally posted by cball05
I always enjoyed just locking myself in Paul's secret computer area and dancing around in the dark for a few minutes while Paul killed all of the MIB. I guess you're just there for moral support, because they kill him if you don't dance around in the closet...

lol.

TBH I took playin DE very seriously and tried to act as is i really was in the game (dont die) and must say I never even considered staying in the room.. as it never dawned upon me as jock being on the roof seemed perfectly normal etc..

How ever i was very naughty :p when u go to the medical center in hells kitchen and have to pay that extorsionate fee to use the med lab, im afraid the second time i played it i had to reload the game :D

But when i played DEIW i tried to be as rasional as posible as i managed to uncover most secret stuff etc doing so, not running around guns blazing.

Im sure if u act like that the game time in DEIW will make it last more close to those 36hours quoted.. rather than the 12hours if u go guns blazin.

0rac
25th Sep 2003, 12:01
Hey all,

Is there a list of all the new voice actors around anywhere? would b pretty interesting to see who they have got in this time round.

hmm just a few notes of the original Deus Ex 4 ya.

You can keep Paul alive. Can't remember exactly how I did it but it involved killing pretty much everything thats armed in Hells Kitchen helps then getting killed by gunther in battery park. Also killing almost everyone in the MJ12 base under unatco seemed to help as well. I think u know if he's saved if he's still alive in the MJ12 bit.
Going out the window was the first thing I did when I saw all the agents lol ...but he died the first time round... I think it may also be affected by timing ..ie how long you spend getting to the various exit level jump points.

If you save him he ends up just sitting around in Tong's place in HK being pretty unhelpful.

hmm that choke point in battery park is totally annoying. Even if u manage to get to the chopper the damn thing flies off as soon as you get near it. Trying to shoot it back down doesn't help either ;) so you have to go back and get killed anyway.

Free the Greasles! Its fun!

Don
28th Sep 2003, 10:59
A pair of clones will never be identical to each other. They may have the same genome but the activity of individual genes is down to environmental factors. The chances of exposing the two to exact same conditions are practically zero and so there will be differences, probably major ones.