PDA

View Full Version : only PC games?

EnderMc
19th Sep 2003, 17:06
I have played the first Theif installment years ago on my college roommates computer. I must say I found it highly addictive. What I would like to know is if any of the Theif installments can be found on Playstation or Playstation 2, or are they srictly PC games.

theBlackman
19th Sep 2003, 17:12
At the moment only the PC. There is speculation that TIII will be on one or more of the game consoles. But, as I don't use them, I have not paid any attention to which model(s).

Squid
19th Sep 2003, 20:33
As far as I know, it's been confirmed that Thief III will be on the X-box. They have demoed the game on it. However, the first initial release for Thief III will be on the PC only, with the X-box version coming a few weeks later.

Squid

Thorin Oakenshield
19th Sep 2003, 22:51
Originally posted by Squid
...a few weeks later.

Squid

:D Translated into English this means Months:p

Stile451
19th Sep 2003, 23:20
If I recall correctly they said that they weren't going to release the X-Box version before the PC version, not that the PC version was being released before the X-Box version. Most likely they meant that there would be simultaneous releases of both versions.

Gumdrop
20th Sep 2003, 18:36
The way I see it, the Playstation has Snake, and we have Garrett. And although guys are not usually my thing, I say Garrett is the sexier of the two! :eek: :o :D

Squid
21st Sep 2003, 10:02
Thorin, to my understanding, the game is being developed on both platforms at the same time. Therefore, I actually believe them when they say it's going to be weeks, not months.

Course, I could be wrong...

Squid

Komag
21st Sep 2003, 19:09
Morrowind was a matter of something like 3 weeks apart from PC to XBox release, so it HAS been done before, as well as simultaneous releases of course

Rommel_1891
22nd Sep 2003, 16:24
It will be interesting to see how T3 comes out on the console as far as playability. Graphics should be a good match to PC as well as sound, but there are soooooo many keyboard functions that I will be very intested to see how they make it work on a control pad. ;)

Thorin Oakenshield
22nd Sep 2003, 22:01
Squid, :D I was just judging by how long it took TRAOD to come out :D (btw... frustrating game)
As long as the pc version gets released I don't care about the xbox version 'cos I don't own one:eek:

Well with any luck just a few more months for us to wait...:cool:

Fafhrd
26th Sep 2003, 00:05
Thorin, to my understanding, the game is being developed on both platforms at the same time. Therefore, I actually believe them when they say it's going to be weeks, not months.

its not like its all that hard to do it simultaneously, as an xbox is virtually entirely PC parts...