PDA

View Full Version : AoD: Gamespy top 25 overrated game

AndrewIII
19th Sep 2003, 07:13
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/september03/25overrated/index19.shtml

GoranAgar
19th Sep 2003, 07:24
Those boys are so full of themselves, it is almost painfull.

Lara Croft Online
19th Sep 2003, 08:06
I think these gaming sites have stock elsewhere lol
Game Informer Magazine has AOD listed at number 2 in sales
worldwide and call it a train wreck at the same time.
AOD will go down as the best selling train wreck in history.:D
Anyway when a gaming site charges you for content IMO they
aren't worth spit anyway.

AndrewIII
19th Sep 2003, 22:26
hose boys are so full of themselves, it is almost painfull.

No, I actually agree with them,so would any gamer who played the game.

I love the TR games,but AoD is a sorry excuse for game,especially since the game as a whole felt more like pre-alpha version than even beta version.

I think these gaming sites have stock elsewhere lol
Game Informer Magazine has AOD listed at number 2 in sales
worldwide and call it a train wreck at the same time.
AOD will go down as the best selling train wreck in history.
Anyway when a gaming site charges you for content IMO they
aren't worth spit anyway.

I see nothing wrong in a site charging for online content. All your doing is supporting the site and its effort to bring you the best coverage around,especially when its from a quality source like Gamespot or IGN.

Anyhow regarding to TR,its not just a total failure,but a wreck at the most. If I had a choice to play either Rareware's botch job(aka Star Fox Adventure) or AoD, I would more likely play SFA than AoD. Right now, I'm even starting to come to the conclusion that the reason why big name games(such as Halo 2, 007,The Suffering,NFS:Underground and to name a few) are being delayed, is so they don't turn out like AoD or ruin the developers credibility, like the case of Surreal officially canning thier LOTR game.

jso2897
20th Sep 2003, 01:36
I've played it, and I don't agree with them, or with you. So I guess that means I'm not a gamer, or at least not a "real" one like you and those rocket scientists who write for the game mags.Thanks for clearing that up for me.:D

GoranAgar
20th Sep 2003, 09:14
Originally posted by AndrewIII

And here I thought I am a gamer as well, since I play computer games all day. Sorry, my mistake.

But if you read my statement again you will notice I didn't say that the game is flawless. I simply said that I despite this teenager-wannebe-game-reviewer attitude these kids show. And their lack of building a healthy, well constructed and maintained computer system just gives me the chuckles.

"I personally endured three fatal crashes" I played on WinME and XP and didn't have one fatal crash.

"the level design was boring me to tears." Speaks for itself. Any gamer who played the whole game would disagree.

Those boys are not really commenting on the game but promoting themselves. And you pay for that?

Mgardiner
21st Sep 2003, 09:43
Originally posted by AndrewIII

I love the TR games,but AoD is a sorry excuse for game,especially since the game as a whole felt more like pre-alpha version than even beta version.

I see nothing wrong in a site charging for online content. All your doing is supporting the site and its effort to bring you the best coverage around,especially when its from a quality source like Gamespot or IGN.

Anyhow regarding to TR,its not just a total failure,but a wreck at the most. If I had a choice to play either Rareware's botch job(aka Star Fox Adventure) or AoD, I would more likely play SFA than AoD. Right now, I'm even starting to come to the conclusion that the reason why big name games(such as Halo 2, 007,The Suffering,NFS:Underground and to name a few) are being delayed, is so they don't turn out like AoD or ruin the developers credibility, like the case of Surreal officially canning thier LOTR game.

Not you again lol :rolleyes:

Silvers
24th Sep 2003, 13:20
I don't understand how GameSpy can say AOD is overrated when pretty much the whole games press (but not necessarily the gamers - however you define them) slated it.

If they slated it they didn't "rate" it hence it cannot be "overrated".

Hence the article means nothing other than an excuse to whine a bit more about stuff they didn't like. Hey they could have done that here - almost everyone else did!