PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER testing area...

Umah Bloodomen
19th Sep 2003, 05:04
This thread is reserved for everyone to brush up on using the SPOILER function.

The Amazing Rando
19th Sep 2003, 05:32
Testing spoilers? On what, I don't think my spoilers have gotten far enough in school for the alphabet or basic math.

Do you think the text under the spoiler function thinks that the blue covering it is the sky? Do they percieve smilies as gods? Why's it have to be covered in blue anyway? I think the red army is better, and it should be covered with that instead. Besides, when I'm on my laptop, it is highly ineffectual as I can see all the words without even really trying, at school, I can sorta see the text, and really can if it's in bold. They should get something better.

Anybody else seen the new Rob Zombie Greatest Hits albulm that's coming out soon? That's gonna be awesome.

Anybody have any newer commercials that they like? I myself have some favs going on right now, like the Mt. Dew Code Red where the mascot's dunk gets blocked, the Snickers one with Barky the dog (and the SUV one to a lesser degree), The new budweiser one where the running back is being really arrogant after costing his team the game, and the one (for some beer, can't remember which) where the guy is throwing bottle's out to see so that someone will contact him, then the guy from the deserted island where they all ended up goes to the first guy's house (Brian's) and punches him. those are great

A few RvB quotes lie ahead.

-Red Sucks, blue rules.

-Do you think the blues are gonna stop fighting just because Microsoft says so? *fighting stops*
-S.O.B. I knew it, this sucks. How can a software company stop a war? -It's called priorities Donut. -Can't anyone do anything about this? *everyone else laughs*

-You know. I used to fight for the Microsoft forces back in my youth. -No kidding? -No kidding. I was a Lt. back during the "Browser Wars."

-I wrote it so that he said "Developers" 37 times, but he only wanted to say "Developers" 35 times. I told him it just didn't make any sense without those last 2 "Developers". That was the hook.

I sure hope I haven't made many typos, and I don't think I have, but sometimes I do while I'm watching TV as well. I just like typing stuff without looking for practice, tho the quotes really needed to be looked at to ensure accuracy with the spacing and everything. I'm having fun rambling. I'm about done now. Is anybody reading all this?

Umah, after just glancing at the spoiler warning thread in the Defiance forum, I don't think you mentioned closing tags manually. I think that's unfair, as that's the method I prefer to the whole "press-a-button" method. You're just being discriminatory. lol j/k (I know you mentioned something about putting them manually, but I don't think you said you could close them manually, and I didn't check out the links).

BAH!!!

Sade Lyrate
19th Sep 2003, 06:46
...Just checking I understood correctly all of that...

...and that it all works, regardless in what state of wakefulness I am...;)

...or in what way applied...

Yup, still working...
Yours, with deference

Sarah
19th Sep 2003, 06:52
Originally posted by The Amazing Rando

I sure hope I haven't made many typos, and I don't think I have, but sometimes I do while I'm watching TV as well. I just like typing stuff without looking for practice, tho the quotes really needed to be looked at to ensure accuracy with the spacing and everything. I'm having fun rambling. I'm about done now. Is anybody reading all this?

Nope, I don't see any typos... most impressive really!

Camus Audron
19th Sep 2003, 07:05
Ok, here goes a true spoiler, be wary

Spoiler testing thread? you know you had it coming!anything with TESTING just has spam splattered all over it!

The Amazing Rando
19th Sep 2003, 14:15
Originally posted by Sarah
Nope, I don't see any typos... most impressive really!

Why thank you. I can type quickly enough when looking at the keyboard and not make errors, but I'm significantly slower when touchtyping for accuracy, so I'm working on it. I didn't do too bad there. I could've done it a lot faster, but there most likely would've been a good number of errors. Practice makes perfect.

Originally posted by Camus Audren
Spoiler testing thread? you know you had it coming!anything with TESTING just has spam splattered all over it!

Hey, it wasn't all spam. Most of it was jokes, along with a few actual topics that could be talked about. I really would like to know if anyone cares about the new Zombie album, or some people's fav commercials. Plus, the red vs blue quotes were actual spoilers for anyone who hadn't seen the newest of the vids. So HA!:p When there wasn't really anything to go on, I was just trying to start up a little discussion, spoiler enclosed of course.

Matt from Spam Buddies
19th Sep 2003, 15:15
Meh?

- Matthew

Azazel
19th Sep 2003, 18:10
Is het zo moeilijk dat het geoefend moet worden?
Translation: Is it so hard that it has to be practised?

Umah Bloodomen
19th Sep 2003, 19:44
Hey, I don't care what you put in this particular thread, just as long as you practice the spoiler function. Just be thankful, it's working elsewhere. :p

warpsavant
19th Sep 2003, 20:19
Hrm. I seem to be having some difficulty!

All this blue is making me sad.

TheElderGodofNosgoth
19th Sep 2003, 22:20
Cool.

Umah Bloodomen
20th Sep 2003, 01:09
Originally posted by warpsavant
Hrm. I seem to be having some difficulty!

When aren't you having difficulty with something, Biscuit, dear? **runs** :p

-JL-
20th Sep 2003, 09:27
Originally posted by Azazel
Is het zo moeilijk dat het geoefend moet worden? Blijkbaar ;) :D - Translated: Apperently so.

Umah Bloodomen
20th Sep 2003, 20:15
What the heck made you change your member name? BTW...how the heck are you? ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, Serul. It appears you're awaiting an email confirmation. (Must have changed your password or something, eh?) ;)

I will have it addressed ASAP.

Baby_drew
21st Sep 2003, 16:46
Listen listen...dont listen too me - Listen!

A Horse! is that what you take me for ? is that what you see?

There are no happy endings, because there are no endings.

Ghastly Past, Insufferable Future. Are they one and the same? am i always here?.

Soul Reaver
25th Sep 2003, 16:44
spoiler

Embla
29th Sep 2003, 21:06
Dette var jo lett.

Translation: This was quite easy.

Azazel
29th Sep 2003, 21:36
Originally posted by Embla
Dette var jo lett.
I agree.

Embla
29th Sep 2003, 22:11
Originally posted by Azazel
I agree.

He he, so you think so too? :D

Soul Reaver
30th Sep 2003, 04:58
Tere, minu lemmik mängudeks on LoK mängud... Mulle meeldib Raziel... Kain muidugi ka... Esimene LoK mäng, mida ma mängisin oli SR2 peale seda sain käpad taha SR 1-le. Varsti peale SR1 avastamist loobusin sellest kuna leidsin BO2 ja mängisin selle umbes viis korda läbi... Siis tuli jälle kange himu peale ja mängisin läbi ka BO, mis muuseas oli väga tore. Mängisin veel korra läbi SR2 ja BO2. Siis suundusin taas SR1 juurde ja mängisin selle täielikult läbi. Pean ütlema, et Crystal Dynamics on mu lemmik-mängu-firmad loetelus sees ja ka üpris kõrgel kohal, kui mitte kõrgeimal...

Translation: Hi, my favourite games are the LoK games... I like Raziel... Kain too, of course... The first LoK game I played was SR2 after that I got my hands on SR 1. Soon after discovering SR 1 I found out about BO 2 and I played it through for about 5 times... Then I turned my hunger on BO, which I finished and I must say it was very good. I finished SR 2 and BO 2 once more. Then I went back to SR 1 and I finished it completely. I must say that Crystal Dynamics is a part of my best-game-makers list and it's positioned among the best, if it isn't THE best...

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Oct 2003, 17:37
I just wanted to again thank Embla, Serul, Azazel and Soul Reaver. You guys (and gal) rock! :D

In regards to Azazel's inital statement, yes, a lot of individuals have expressed problems learning the various functions of our forum. (The SPOILER and SEARCH functions respectively). I figured it wouldn't hurt to come up with a guide of some sorts for them to familiarize themselves with at least one of them. :)

Saves me a step not having to repeat myself, or higher power forbid, Rando to go on a tangent. :p

Lucent
2nd Oct 2003, 23:25
Umah has a batman symbol birthmark. Tune in next week for details.

>.>

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Oct 2003, 03:39
You're going to make Blue Ancient jealous revealing all these personal details he hasn't noticed yet, dear. ;)

Besides, what if no one wants to wait until next week for details? :p

Lucent
3rd Oct 2003, 04:46
Well then they can always just hop in thime to next week ^_~;;

kain-the-great
6th Oct 2003, 02:21
spike from buffy challenges vorador
Says spike "come on old man lets see what ya got"
"OLD MAN YOU LITTLE BRAT I AM NOT AS OLD AS YOU THINK" yells vorador
then vorador sends out a tellepathic wave and blows spike to pieces. :eek: :p :D

Umah Bloodomen
6th Oct 2003, 03:08
Contrary to your previous belief, you don't have to use [b]SPOILER tags at the beginning and end of every line of text you wish to post. As I'm sure you can see from the various examples in this thread, you can cover an entire block of text with them.

Draken
9th Oct 2003, 19:28
Just brushing up on my Spoiler Tagging

royalmarine1980
21st Oct 2003, 04:34
Looks like I know how to use it

Bloodspawn
15th Nov 2003, 15:24
Kain is has unwittingly become an instrument of the ancients in this reguard.

babifrence
18th Nov 2003, 06:52
THIS IS MY SPOILER TEST, MY THANX TO UMAH BLOODOMEN FOR SETTING UP THIS THREAD SO THAT WE CAN TEST THIS ABILITY :)

Umah Bloodomen
18th Nov 2003, 07:40
You're welcome. And welcome to the forums. :)

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 17:26
testing, 1,2 ...is this thing on???

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 17:28
thanks Umah...bin a memeber for a month or two now and i`v never posted a spoiler

Chubben
27th Nov 2003, 10:55
Leuk dat zo veel mensen Nederlands praten

Translation: Nice to see so many people talking Dutch

Why would i want to use spoilers, if i can't ghet the freaking game yet. :(

unimatrix2612
2nd Dec 2003, 20:47
I know what you mean Chubben. :D I'm still waiting for Defiance in the UK, but this is useful practice for when we want to talk about other LoK games.

EDIT:
my thanks to Umah for making this thread. Its a great idea.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Dec 2003, 21:29
You're quite welcome, unimatrix.

unimatrix2612
3rd Dec 2003, 17:24
I feel very hurt now Umah ;) :) ! The 2612 on the end of my name is very important to me.
I'll let this go just this once ;) :D but next time . . .

PS:
I'm jokingjust in case anybody out there is worried by this post
*cough* or my obvious insanity *cough*

Defier
5th Dec 2003, 02:25
ill write me spoiler. IN BOLD!
~SPOILER~

now for some poetry.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Your Girl/boyfriend is dead
I OWN YOU.

LOL j/k :P

and now for a real spoiler.

RED STINKS! BLUE WINS!

Raziel'sRevenge
17th Dec 2003, 21:46
Is this in spoiler form?

Yay! it worked! Now I can hide all of my posts from you, and there's nothing you can do about it! Hahahaha! Oh, wait, you can just highlight it, hmmm... THWARTED AGAIN!

Nosgothic Aristocrat
25th Dec 2003, 03:34
blah

TheWatcher
28th Dec 2003, 22:21
Guess I better learn to do this before I get on someone's bad side right off.

Enihcam
10th Jan 2004, 04:18
This is a test, it is only a test of the emergency spoiler system. Please do not be alarmed, this is only a test.

I didn't read the thread so if anyone else used that joke, my apologies :D

HAHA yeah right, I don't even care LOL!!!!111

No I actually do care, please disregard the previous statement.

Wuss...

DrkSnpr14
10th Jan 2004, 04:22
Hmm, Ive never tried the spoiler tool, I shure hope this works. Purple monkey dishwasher!

Nosgothic Aristocrat
10th Jan 2004, 21:20
Purple..monkey...Wha? lol

SanguinSarafim
10th Jan 2004, 23:57
Spoiler test. Thanks for the testing area.

evil_sharkey
4th Feb 2004, 19:12
There once was a field mouse named Charlie...whose sweetheart loved wheat, oats and barley...He was sent 'cross the street, to the big field of wheat... but halfway he got hit by a Harley.

Colder-Than-Ice
7th Feb 2004, 19:50
Which one would you take? An apple or both?

Can't say a word to myself? When? How?

Vampiric Fool
8th Feb 2004, 07:26
[soiler]I failed the test...

j/k :p

Vampmaster
12th Feb 2004, 00:42
If you type one letter in the spoiler field and then click OK, you can insert the rest of the text where you can see what you're typing.

I heard honey is the only food that does not spoil.

Having too much to drink can spoil your night out.

gklok
8th Mar 2004, 20:56
Testing

gklok
8th Mar 2004, 20:57
Testing

Azazel
14th Feb 2005, 14:55
Does it still work?

Gabriel Edson
14th Feb 2005, 18:16
Anybody have any newer commercials that they like? I myself have some favs going on right now, like the Mt. Dew Code Red where the mascot's dunk gets blocked, the Snickers one with Barky the dog (and the SUV one to a lesser degree), The new budweiser one where the running back is being really arrogant after costing his team the game, and the one (for some beer, can't remember which) where the guy is throwing bottle's out to see so that someone will contact him, then the guy from the deserted island where they all ended up goes to the first guy's house (Brian's) and punches him. those are great

i like that new cell phone commercial, where the guy says he gets cheap phone service but it wont bite him in the end. the guy just bought a snake from some pet store and the store owner calls him on his cell to say hes been sold a cottonmouth by accident, and the bite could kill him. of course, because of his cheap service he cant hear much besides static and the occasional piece of word. he says "i cant hear you... besides, im playin with my snake"... haha hes holding it and says "give daddy kisses" and the snake almost bites his nose. he thinks it was love though so he says in this high affectionate voice "yeeeees". (pun alert: he says crappy phone service wont "bite him" in the end... bwah-hahaha)
kinda hard to explain that but its really funny, i hope i havent killed it here.