PDA

View Full Version : DX9 Sound Problems

Flatline
18th Sep 2003, 21:43
Whenever I start up the demo, I get horrible grating/screeching sounds over the actual game music. It's unbearable and makes the game unplayable due to not being able to hear anything.

I've updated my drivers (GeForce 3 Ti 200 and SB Audigy 2), and set DX sound acceleration to every level, and am still having trouble.

I waited until the "official" demo was released to see if it would make a difference, but I'm having the same problems now that I did with the first demo.

If anyone has a fix for this, I'd love to know it. :)

WeinerMan
18th Sep 2003, 22:49
horrible grating/screeching sounds
not to worry. this is just Lupin trying to escape confinement where he was placed once it was discovered he's NOT a true commando...

sean1007
19th Sep 2003, 03:39
Weiner is right about lupin. He is not commandos material.
I have no real solutions for your problem.
I have learn that a PC can be more moody and nuts than many women...:p
Hopefully, you won't have the sam eproblem with th egame.
MAke sure you buy it and let us know what you think of it. :D as many of us are gonna take a pass at it for a while
Sean
PS: IS Pyro insane ?
There final demo has some major bugs in it still.
How do they expect to get good word of mouth and sell lots of games???

VN-Raider
14th Oct 2003, 13:04
Excuseme, gentlemans....I have a little question wants to ask your guys. Is there anyone who can tell me the minimum system requirement of C3 ????? I live in a very poor country and...hah...as you could inmagine...my PC system is so poor too. It's still enough for me to completed Commandos Behind the Enemy lines and Beyond the Call of Duty, and Comandos 2 : Men of Courage, too....But...heh..heh...You know, with a new ver. of a game, it's always make me worry. So, if you know about the system requirement of C3, please tell me....thank you very much.

PS : I played C3 Demo well on my PC, but I don't sure the Full ver. could running well like that....
My PC :

Pentium III 1.2 GHz
VGA : Nvidia Geforce 2 32Mb Ram
HD : 20 GB
RAM : 128 Mb

Can I play C3 with this PC system ?

Mike_B
14th Oct 2003, 15:46
Your pc will handle C3 just fine :)

System specs:

Minimum

Pentium 3 - 700 Mhz
16x cd-rom
128 MB ram
16MB DirectX(R) 8.0 compliant grapics card
100% DirectX(R) 8.0 compliant sound card
2GB hard disk space
800x600 monitor resolution

recommended
Pentium 4 - 1600 Mhz
48x CD-rom
256 MB ram
32 MB Graphics card Tnl (Geforce 2+)
DSL

Fredster123
17th Oct 2003, 09:14
Originally posted by Flatline
Whenever I start up the demo, I get horrible grating/screeching sounds over the actual game music. It's unbearable and makes the game unplayable due to not being able to hear anything.

I've updated my drivers (GeForce 3 Ti 200 and SB Audigy 2), and set DX sound acceleration to every level, and am still having trouble.

I waited until the "official" demo was released to see if it would make a difference, but I'm having the same problems now that I did with the first demo.

If anyone has a fix for this, I'd love to know it. :)

I think your problem is that your sound card doesn't have the ability to use a hardware accelerated music port. I had the exact same problem until I switched to software accelaration in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Now it works perfectly and I can finally play the demo. So mind you, I haven't tried this out in the game but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

This is what you do:

1. Open dxdiag.exe (If you don't know where it is go into the Start menu, select Search and do a search for dxdiag.exe and double click it).

2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool click on the Music Tab.

3. Under DirectX Features there should be an item called "Deafult Port Acceleration". Just click on "Disable" and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps you and anyone else who's experiencing this problem out.

sick
17th Oct 2003, 10:04
can someone here plz send me the Comm3.cfg file? its in the output folder.

send to: commandos_fan@hotmail.com

forgot to say, it must be from the full game!

Xcom
17th Oct 2003, 10:12
Originally posted by sick
can someone here plz send me the Comm3.cfg file? its in the output folder.

What do you need it for? (just curious)