PDA

View Full Version : For you Silent Hill fans...

Raz
18th Sep 2003, 21:31
Great news! I've just discovered that a Silent Hill movie is in the works! :D

Here's a link to an article with a brief mention of the basics...:

http://gamers.com/news/1467289

In my opinion, this is fantastic. A Silent Hill movie is far overdue. As it seems Konami shall be directly involved with the production of the movie it should turn out rather well. Of course, there are movies based on videogames which should have turned out better... *cough*Resident Evil*cough*

However, as I said, Konami seems to be directly involved with the movie with regards to the script, character and monster designs and sound, so this may be one to keep your eyes peeled for... :D

L_Master562
19th Sep 2003, 01:48
If the same story team is working on the movie, I don't doubt it could turn out great. Agreed, a lot of movies based on games do fall quite short of the games they are ment to portray in every way.

Sure, I though Resident Evil was a better of the lot along with the first Mortal Kombat (second I only own because it came with the first, evil...... Now the third in dev might be good as it is said to be purposely going back to the Mkmovie1 roots with the original actors in consideration now). That mansion in the movie in the beggining......

Does lead me to think it was related to the mansion in Re0 though(), and since it was connected to the same train network as the other....... Could be, abut it was just in my mind one lucky coincidense(sp?).

Now, with the sequal tying in to the Re3 timeline or so the previews have stated means there is some better tie-ins waiting.

One thing that bothered me though in the first though.......

The Licker should have turned black like the P-epsilon enhanced ones. Sure, chemically they weren't enhanced but it could alude to some T mutations the crimsonheads in the REmake were known for. Could go on but back to SH.

Really, I do have to wonder what powerfull or enigmatic enemy will show up in this movie. It is a trend. 2 and 3 both had them, and they were both screwed up freaks, yet that might be why many have liked them. Sure, knowing that there would have to be lots of fog for some parts of the movie(not going into spoilers here) and I do stay doubtfull on that besides being used for suspence. I want to actually see something worth being creeped out by or even more so scared of.

I may not have yet felt that with any game, yet the thrill they gives is just as good from anticipation. That is what the movie should invoke. Hmm. Can't wait to learn about the main char and get a name and some background on him/her. They are so in depth I feel as though I'm reading a book. Always good like LoK games have proved. Now, the visual effects are the next point we must contend with. Realism with some things they have would be more difficult, yet I hope they get it right.

Umah Bloodomen
19th Sep 2003, 03:24
Hopefully this won't turn out as bad as the second game installment or look as cheesy as the House of The Dead flick. :o

Shad
19th Sep 2003, 09:22
As long as you don't let Rob Zombie direct and produce it....*still has nightmares about House of a thousand corpses*

You really couldn't go wrong with a Silent Hill movie. Not too many scary movies follow that particular plot style...

Raz
19th Sep 2003, 09:57
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Hopefully this won't turn out as bad as the second game installment...

That's all a matter of opinion my friend... ;)

By the way, how's the House of the Dead movie looking? I've not seen or heard anything about it other than the fact it was in production... :)

Apparently the production of the Silent Hill movie will be handled by Davis Films. The producer is Samuel Hadida and Christophe Gans is to direct the movie.

The good news, as I mentioned before, is that Konami themselves are directly involved with the production of this movie. Obviously, judging from their work with the Silent Hill series they're more than capable of creating original storylines and do some great work with regards to character development, so hopefully this'll mean the movie'll be quite an interesting watch... :D

Lady Minerva
19th Sep 2003, 10:48
Sorry, ... couldn't find anything on the Web that answered this. So, ...
what is it?

Reaper007
19th Sep 2003, 12:01
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318627/)

As for the licker in the first movie, i hated what it turned into, should have looked a lot cooler.
and...

Silent Hill (http://www.gamespot.com/ps/adventure/silenthill/index.html)
Silent Hill 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/silenthill2/index.html)
Silent Hill 3 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/silenthill3/index.html)

Reaper007

Raz
19th Sep 2003, 12:10
You should definitely give Silent Hill a try Lady Minerva. In my opinion, it's one of the best series of games available across the platforms. ;)

It's also taken the place of Resident Evil as my most favourite horror based game... :D

In a nutshell, Silent Hill is a town with a dark and mysterious past with a fair few links to the occult. At first glance Silent Hill is a normal lakeside resort town, but once you scratch the surface it quickly becomes apparent that not everything is as it seems... :)

Umah Bloodomen
19th Sep 2003, 19:51
Originally posted by Raz
By the way, how's the House of the Dead movie looking? I've not seen or heard anything about it other than the fact it was in production... :)

Bad. Really Bad. :rolleyes:

Check the trailer out here. (http://www.houseofthedeadmovie.com/)

Lady Minerva
20th Sep 2003, 09:25
PC? Doesn't seem to mention anything else. Or maybe I was looking in
the wrong place. BTW, thanks for the references, Reaper.

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Sep 2003, 13:03
A SH movie, eh... ?

-someone claps silently-

- Matthew

Reaper007
20th Sep 2003, 19:31
Originally posted by Lady Minerva
PC? Doesn't seem to mention anything else. Or maybe I was looking in
the wrong place. BTW, thanks for the references, Reaper. no problemo.

as for silent hill 1 it was never released for the PC just the PS1(i'd tell you what happened but but my PS1 stopped working in the middle of the game :rolleyes: and i never got it repaired), #2 was released for the PC (and there is a directors cut out too), and #3 is slated to be released next month for the PC (10/15/2003 :D ). all this can be found by searching gamespot.

Reaper007