PDA

View Full Version : Lorgan's Web Northgate Switch

netwave92
18th Sep 2003, 06:19
How come I can't flip that northgate switch this time when I went to play in the other level? It went just fine when I played the normal level. It just keeps on buzzing when I try to flip it this time. How come? Is there a bug on the other level or there's another button or switch that I am missing?:(

Nightwalker
18th Sep 2003, 13:06
Your friend, Cudget, has to either flip it for you or be very nearby for it to work.

netwave92
18th Sep 2003, 13:56
I tried it and still buzzing, won't open. I put him nearby and tried flipping it but no success.:o

Nightwalker
18th Sep 2003, 15:15
Try putting him right beside the gate that the lever opens. That might work. Otherwise, you may not be able to finish. The end of this one can be a bit buggy at times.

netwave92
18th Sep 2003, 17:13
Tried that one too. The author has returned my email and he said that Cudget has to come from apartment and open the gate. If he's unconcious then drop him near the gate and that should release the switch. Unfortunately, it's not working either.Oh well, at least I've finished the other objectives. Thanks Nightwalker:)

Huntress
18th Sep 2003, 22:42
Well that is strange, cause it says in your objectives to return Cudget to his own bed. When I did, he woke up and said he'd meet me later...after I finished all other objectives and got near the area of the gate...he came running out of a house/shack nearby and ran right through the gate with me tailing after and the mission ended without any problem? Didn't you do that? Return him to his bed, etc. In fact when he woke up and started talking I was a bit surprised as I wasn't expecting it :D Ta and Good Hunting!

Nightwalker
19th Sep 2003, 00:57
That's the way it's supposed to work, Huntress, but sometimes it just doesn't. Then you have to try the other methods suggested above to try to complete the mission.

netwave92
19th Sep 2003, 04:41
When I first played this mission I had no problem with this. I just tossed Cudget to bed and he woke up and talked to me about leaving town and then went back to sleep so I had to carry him to the gate but the switch was working just fine so the mission ended right away. :) But for this level, things seem to be different (he never woke up and the switch not working). Well, Randy, the author said it could be done in various ways. He said, sometimes
if you find Cudget and tossed him to bed before taking care of the jewels then later you'd be surprised to see him come back to life and sneak in to take care of the guards at the northgate just before you go out of town.:D I wish I could see this happen when I do it again. The author is recommending a recently released sequel for this "Lord Fishkill's Curse".:cool:

Nightwalker
19th Sep 2003, 12:33
Lord Fishkill is a really fun mission and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm looking forward to seeing the next one in the series, though I'm told we'll have to wait quite awhile before it's ready. :)

netwave92
19th Sep 2003, 14:26
Oh yeah, I got it now at last! I restarted the mission and this time did the objectives in order. Made my way to find Cudget right away and tossed him to bed in the apartment and he looked a little bit tougher than he was before. He said he'll try to get back his strength and meet him at the gate later. So I continued to get the jewelry collection. After getting the jewelry, on my way to northgate, I saw Cudget coming with a BJ on hand. I followed him as he take care of the guards by himself. Wow! It was pretty fun watching him sneak in and knock out the guards! :D It saves a lot of time and effort. Then he was the one who flipped the switch. And the mission ended after we got out. I am glad I was able to observe that just like the author told me. Thanks again Nightwalker. Appreciate your help. :)