PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] One of them is going to...die?

Evelin The Winged
17th Sep 2003, 16:37
From the website:
Return to the land of Nosgoth, an ancient world of darkness and intrigue. Here, the powerful vampire, Kain pursues his fallen creation and archrival Raziel. Divided by their common enemies, these two anti-heroes must unite and fight to preserve their destiny, as the fate of the world hangs in the balance. While their adversaries plot their destruction, Kain and Raziel must embark on a dark odyssey, which only one of them may survive.

ONLY ONE of them, eh? That doesn't sound very good...or am I reading it the wrong way?:(

MOD EDIT: Added SPOILER tags. ~ Umah Bloodomen

The Amazing Rando
17th Sep 2003, 17:34
one............. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=23893&highlight=one+may+survive)

two............... (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=23776&highlight=one+may+survive)

And maybe you should throw spoiler tags around that. Even if everyone *has* read the website (which is not a given, nor should it be assumed so. They may intentionally not want to know), it's still good practice for when the game comes out.

Vampmaster
17th Sep 2003, 18:31
If he dies he can always get ressurected again in a future game. The blade Kain has right now is a past version of it, so he's going to have to give it back at some point. If he doesn't, then WTJ never gets it and neither does young Kain and it never gets shattered later on. I think the wraith blade can not re-enter the physical blade once the physical blade is occupied by its former self. So maybe this blade can become Raziel again in another form in another game.

Evelin The Winged
18th Sep 2003, 11:15
Rando: Ok...so I didn't see those threads...

The Amazing Rando
18th Sep 2003, 16:07
Hence I pointed them out....

EnderMc
19th Sep 2003, 16:47
only one may survive?

If the creators of the two storylives are trying to unite them under the heading "Legacy of Kain" wouldn't it be kinda pointless for Kain to bite the big one? (pun kinda intended) I mean if Kain were to die there wouldn't be much of a legacy to continue making games about. That is unless they try to fill in gaps of the past era's. As much as it pains me to say this, I think if one of them has to perish, Raziel would be more logical. But then again the operative word in the quote is MAY. So maybe all this discussion is for not and just further proves that i need to find a job. :D

warpsavant
19th Sep 2003, 20:29
IIRC, Kain and Raziel are dead. So I think CD is playing games.

Apocrypha Roxy
20th Sep 2003, 18:38
If anyone's gonna die, it's Raz. I'd put money on it.

Kain will find a way to bring him back, I'm 90% sure of it. Without Raz, there's not much Kain can do. Their destinies are intertwined. If one kicks the bucket permanently, the other is up sh- uh, poop's creek without a paddle.

Umah Bloodomen
20th Sep 2003, 19:53
Anyone else being reminded of Highlander?

"I am Raziel MacLeod of The Clan MacLeod." :D

Dark_Child
20th Sep 2003, 21:55
What if just the Raziel that we all know and love ;) dies? Maybe Razi becomes something new?

Dibbley
27th Sep 2003, 20:56
let's just remeber the whole Seires is Kains story........regardless of Which character you play......in soul-reaver 1 & 2 we were still getting kains story.......just from another veiw piont!!

Evelin The Winged
4th Oct 2003, 18:21
Originally posted by Dark_Child
What if just the Raziel that we all know and love ;) dies? Maybe Razi becomes something new?

Yeah, hopefully EVIL...mwahahahahahaha!
...But obviously not evil enough. -_-

(PS)
For the record, check this site out:
www.eviloverlord.com

Time Streamer
5th Oct 2003, 10:44
You never know with these things, but I find logical that if one of them dies, it's Raziel. Still, it doesn't mean he's death would be in vain. If that's his destiny, that is.

fneh
5th Oct 2003, 11:05
lol @ umah

Is kain connor or rammeriz (sp?)? both of them die......

I would put money on raziel getting out 'alive'. I think if anyone dies kain will. Doesn't mean he WILL but I think if anyone is going to die it's kain.

if you say well it's not called legacy of raziel is it so kain won't ever die until the VERY last one.

erm....you might wanna look at what LEGACY means. Then ask yourself what kain's legacy is. You can choose one of 2 things. 1. Nosgoth in ruin. 2. Raziel. Nosgoth's destined saviour.......

DmonX
27th Oct 2003, 16:53
About that raziel returning part, He has to be evil cuz in SR2 raziel called it the "deranged" reaver, but we all now thats raz. But they would have to shatter the reaver. It would be a nice idea though.

But I count on raziel dying buts more "drama" in the story, with kain shouting: "Noooooo!" in the background.

Reidbynature
27th Oct 2003, 17:07
I believe that it is more likely that Raziel will go. Technicaly he is more invulnerable than even Kain. Yet we know what his fate is. It was just postponed. He may end up in the Reaver yet. This is not to say that he is there permantly.

Although I am not for any one of them dying. Even though this is Legacy of Kain. Raz is just as popular.

DmonX
28th Oct 2003, 14:23
:) It would be funny to see that when kain and raziel save nosgoth they want to hug each other out of happiness. and kain accidently runs raziel through with the blood reaver. :)

Lady_D
28th Oct 2003, 14:55
As for me, I'm a true blue Raziel fan, through and through-pun intended. ;) I think Kain is cool and all but his story never interested me the way Raziel's has. So, I am absolutely sure that if Raziel is ever eliminated from the games, I will lose interest in the LOK series altogether. I hope that never happens.

Sotos
28th Oct 2003, 15:43
Owww if that is true it maybe a spoiler fo what going to happen in these episode in one of the heroes

<<ONE MAY SURVIVE>>>

Is these going to be the last of the legacy of kain series????

Or just One hero <dissapears> so only the other survives for a "future"legacy of kain game...

The possibilities FELL on RAZIEL as he is not the MAIN hero of the Series :confused:
(It's called LEGACY OF KAIN and not Legacy of Raziel)

Anyway even without Raziel, Kain has become a very cool DARK hero :p

edit
Evelin The Winged i think you have done wrong that put these information as SPOILER
The OFFICIAL SITE says it without hiding anything

fneh
28th Oct 2003, 15:53
"one may survive" doesn't mean anything. If you interpret it properly it's possible that BOTH die. Afterall, one MAY survive.

You can also take it that one of them MAY be dying but one isn't going to no matter what. Well they're making it clear that raziel is doomed so the fact it says MAY means there's just as much chance (if not MORE) that raziel is going to get out 'alive'.

Of course you can take it my first was and assume it means raziel is doomed and Kain may not even make it out alive either.

No matter what way you look at it it's only there to tease you. I can mean ANYTHING. If it said only one WILL survive it would mean something. The way it's phrased is to make you all go on about raziel dying like you are and get you all worked up about a sentence that means absolutely nothing. If that sentence wasn't there the same things would be being said and speculated. That sentence changes NOTHING

Reidbynature
28th Oct 2003, 16:42
It would be funny to see that when kain and raziel save nosgoth they want to hug each other out of happiness. and kain accidently runs raziel through with the blood reaver.

Yes..... 'accidently'. :rolleyes:

Slayersdestiny
28th Oct 2003, 17:20
Well, this isn´t Buffy:D, I don´t think they will add such a kind of "humour" to the series.

DmonX
28th Oct 2003, 17:24
but it would be funny as a bonus of some sort, and perhaps kain 'accidently' runs raziel through like about 7 times:)

Stephenls
28th Oct 2003, 17:31
I just had the weirdest idea.

Perhaps the last chapter of the game begins with Kain running Raziel through with the Reaver, and ends with Kain depositing the Reaver at Avernus for the younger version of him to find. So all those shots of Kain in Avernus are from the very end of the game.

It's not terribly likely, though.

Reidbynature
28th Oct 2003, 17:40
Perhaps the last chapter of the game begins with Kain running Raziel through with the Reaver, and ends with Kain depositing the Reaver at Avernus for the younger version of him to find. So all those shots of Kain in Avernus are from the very end of the game.

It's a good theory, but why would Kain follow the course of history when he trying to shape it for the better. Not only for himself, but for Raziel as well.

Nelo
28th Oct 2003, 17:41
Very possable, but i see it like kain does it to power it up to kill some great enemy then depostets it there, i mean raziel has to be absorbed.

Umm I just hope that the wraith blade will become Raziel again after his younger self is absorbed.

It can be absorbed with him because of the infinate reaver paradox so here is hoping.

It could be a deranged Raziel thow:)

Stephenls
28th Oct 2003, 21:53
Originally posted by Dormarth
It's a good theory, but why would Kain follow the course of history when he trying to shape it for the better. Not only for himself, but for Raziel as well.

"Not only for himself"... Ha!

Reidbynature
28th Oct 2003, 22:04
"Not only for himself"... Ha

Yes. I know Kain is selfish, but he does want to alter Raz's destiny. If only because it will ensure the changing of his fate as well. Although I'm open to the possability that Kain may see Raziel as his only Ally and so he may be looking out for Raz strangely enough. I know Kain screwed Raz with the throwing into the Abyss, but Kain knew the outcome. Also in SR2, Kain appears to Raz before Janos' retreat and it appears as if he is there to give Raz advice and steel his resolve against their enemies. Otherwise I don't see much point in that scene.

Stephenls
28th Oct 2003, 22:17
Originally posted by Dormarth
Yes. I know Kain is selfish, but he does want to alter Raz's destiny. If only because it will ensure the changing of his fate as well. Although I'm open to the possability that Kain may see Raziel as his only Ally and so he may be looking out for Raz strangely enough. I know Kain screwed Raz with the throwing into the Abyss, but Kain knew the outcome. Also in SR2, Kain appears to Raz before Janos' retreat and it appears as if he is there to give Raz advice and steel his resolve against their enemies. Otherwise I don't see much point in that scene.

Raziel is a useful tool. The most useful took Kain has ever made. But he's still a tool, and Kain is still the one who made him.

If Kain's plans call for the destruction of a tool he's made, I don't think he's the sort of... person... to have a crisis of conscience and muck everything up. And Kain has had thousands of years to get used to the idea that Raziel will eventually be broken.

"Can you not feel with all your soul that we have become like gods? And as such, are we not indivisible? As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion."

Kain has no problem with sacrificing his children. Why should Raziel be an exception?

Mind you, I like Raziel. I like him and Kain about equally. But I think it'd be something of a cheat for him to get a "get out of eternal inprisonment and insanity free" card.

omegafury
29th Oct 2003, 04:25
if anyone, my first pick would be kain.

fate is against him, and for nosgoth to be healed he, as the last guardian of a pillar of nosgoth, must perish. unless he can defy fate. (as he broke the chain of fate in SR2 by effecting sarafan raziel's fate.) and make raziel go through another death and reincarnation.

by my reckoning this would be his 4th death (see 'origin vampire/hylden feud' thread). and therefore no big deal.

though it would be interesting if kain died and became a wraith-like creature like raziel.

Tesla
29th Oct 2003, 05:08
I think it's just the standard "Only one may survive!" line that they use in countless movies, shows, etc. to make you more likely to watch/buy/whatever.

But just to play along with the wild guessing....

I think in order to avoid being pulled into the Reaver, Raziel should absorb his other half into HIM.

A possible ending would be to have Raziel slay Kain at the end, and then somehow allowing Kain to come back either through his powers as a Soul Reaver (like if you didn't suck a soul in SR1, and you take out the weapon, the vampy comes back....). Perhaps that death would qualify as Kain dieing as Balance Guardian and order would be restored.

illicious
29th Oct 2003, 05:14
Not sure i follow the story well but here is what i can tell so far:

Hate to say it but lets face the obvious, Raz is destined to die. I believe he is/was Kain's pawn right from the start. How do you justify Kain's order to the pit and his constant overlooking of Raz like a Devil in disguise on his shoulder? Kain was always on Raz's case from the begining of his identity.
Poor Raz i see taken very much advantage of but almost everyone around him.
As i saw the Time Streama and others too saying he must kill Kain cus i believe they see Kain ruling over all.
Of course they wish to get rid of Kain with Raz so they can establish a never finished soul reaver thus Kain having less power. This would somewhat equal the powers fairly between the rulers or whoever for their whatever purpose.
BUT...
Only thing i can see Raz can possibly do is change history where he can change Nosgoth's history where he becomes ruler of all.
He is very powerful beyond death to do this but so far i only see that many are telling him (not directly) to not become the Soul Reaver Blade for kain but their intentions are just as foul as Kain.

Only one i see confused and abused is poor but yet very powerful Raz. I hope Raz makes a new history for himself or stays only part of the SR Blade as he has been.