PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Items Discussions

AngelPhoenix77
28th May 2013, 15:12
will final fantasy xiv have a item mall like secret world or star trek online?

Donalicio
28th May 2013, 17:25
will final fantasy xiv have a item mall like secret world or star trek online?

Most likely yes, all the serious mmo I've played had had it's own Item mall with premium Items.

I only hope the don't transform this game in a Pay to Win one.

Regards.

LennethLionK3
28th May 2013, 17:58
Actually, from what I understand, they will be following FFXI's business model of creating complete balance within the game with monthly payed subs, and no item mall. I completely agree with this business model, as it puts everyone on an equal playing field. It has been said (I believe in one of the Live Letter's) that they are open to other models in the future if there is a need or demand, but for now there will be no item mall.

venkaramon
29th May 2013, 00:58
If ever they put one out I wouldn't mind it being for vanity items. I've had enough of pay 2 win models in f2p games. Its one of the reasons I stopped playing f2p now and am just sitting tight for ARR :p

KJB25
2nd Jun 2013, 20:18
Wouldn't a subscription model + item mall scare potential players.. I know I would be ._. Might as well go F2P model and use the $15 a month for the item mall. Besides, item malls tend to ruin gameplay/economy ratio, I'd rather the game based its economy using the crafting/gathering system.

x3Noctis
2nd Jun 2013, 22:06
If ever they put one out I wouldn't mind it being for vanity items. I've had enough of pay 2 win models in f2p games. Its one of the reasons I stopped playing f2p now and am just sitting tight for ARR :p

This. They said they're not going to have it but if it does happen. I most likely not want them to have items that can make it more PAY2WIN. I hate those types of game. However, if it's vanity outfits, mounts, barding, experience boost, and such. I wouldn't mind.

Kayo1
3rd Jun 2013, 11:17
Hope not!

I wouldnt stay with anything more than vanity pets (like the CE Baby Behemoth) and maybe a few mounts here and there. And thats assuming they have a hefty amount of both available in game like Blizzard does.

I pay subs for access to the servers and investments so they can profit and develop more content so I can play to earn it ... not so they can turn it around and charge me more for it then send it to my mailbox. Yes, that includes vanity costumes or anything more than Blizzard does with WoW and even that is dangerously close to the line. Part of the reason I even got this game was because its one of the few that still sticks to the sub method and even though I hated FFXI it did a decent job of keeping a good P2P sub model.

member_10654382
3rd Jun 2013, 20:20
I would much rather see them put vanity items in as easter eggs or for difficult achievements, long elaborate quest chains, etc...

The items are much more gratifying when they have to be eqrned through exploration or so,e other type of game play. I've had enough of the nickel & dime item stores. I'll gladly take a monthly sub so I can focus on the game without constantly thinking about my RL bank account.

venkaramon
4th Jun 2013, 01:33
Hope not! I wouldnt stay with anything more than vanity pets (like the CE Baby Behemoth) and maybe a few mounts here and there. And thats assuming they have a hefty amount of both available in game like Blizzard does. I pay subs for access to the servers and investments so they can profit and develop more content so I can play to earn it ... not so they can turn it around and charge me more for it then send it to my mailbox. Yes, that includes vanity costumes or anything more than Blizzard does with WoW and even that is dangerously close to the line. Part of the reason I even got this game was because its one of the few that still sticks to the sub method and even though I hated FFXI it did a decent job of keeping a good P2P sub model.

Agree agree. Its just more satisfying if you work for it. But well what I said was at an IF they put out. I don't like cash shop myself even for vanity items. I like working hard for it because it attaches a memory with the said item you got gives it more sentimental value rather than say clicking the icon item mall clicking purchase and equipping it XD

As long as they give out ample time for the events so that everyone can have a chance at it i'll say hooray

x3Noctis
6th Jun 2013, 17:03
Hm if they do put vanity pets/outfits in. As long as we can sell it with in game currency. Then it might be fair for those who don't want to waste real life money on it besides the subscription fee.

Paladin_Locke
6th Jun 2013, 17:53
I want absolutely nothing to do with an item mall in FFXIV. Earn it or screw off. They already have a system that allows you to tailor your look by using any armor model you have. Why would we need vanity items? Item malls, in my opinion, are an absolute waste as well as an immersion breaker. Final Fantasy XI was wonderful in that regard. If you wanted something, earn it. You want a snazzy looking outfit? Go do the quest/mission/content that supplies it. Besides, SE does a lot with seasonal or event novelty items.

@Saha- I would also highly disagree with allowing players to purchase vanity items and allow them to trade it on the Auction. You do realize what would happen right? You would essentially have TONS of people paying for in game currency. Pay real money -> get cool item -> sell cool item at a super high price -> I collect in game currency = Pay real money -> Get in game currency. This would horribly ruin the games economy. If this ever was allowed to happen, I'd cancel my pre-order right now.

x3Noctis
6th Jun 2013, 21:49
I want absolutely nothing to do with an item mall in FFXIV. Earn it or screw off. They already have a system that allows you to tailor your look by using any armor model you have. Why would we need vanity items? Item malls, in my opinion, are an absolute waste as well as an immersion breaker. Final Fantasy XI was wonderful in that regard. If you wanted something, earn it. You want a snazzy looking outfit? Go do the quest/mission/content that supplies it. Besides, SE does a lot with seasonal or event novelty items.

@Saha- I would also highly disagree with allowing players to purchase vanity items and allow them to trade it on the Auction. You do realize what would happen right? You would essentially have TONS of people paying for in game currency. Pay real money -> get cool item -> sell cool item at a super high price -> I collect in game currency = Pay real money -> Get in game currency. This would horribly ruin the games economy. If this ever was allowed to happen, I'd cancel my pre-order right now.

I'm pretty sure the economy wouldn't be ruined.

Paladin_Locke
6th Jun 2013, 22:13

So basically, you think people shouldn't have to earn their in game money? Just buy your way to the top of the economical ladder? I'm sorry, but I believe that you need an even playing field in what is supposed to be a living, breathing digital world. I would really like to avoid anything close to a "pay-to-win" game.

x3Noctis
6th Jun 2013, 22:47

So basically, you think people shouldn't have to earn their in game money? Just buy your way to the top of the economical ladder? I'm sorry, but I believe that you need an even playing field in what is supposed to be a living, breathing digital world. I would really like to avoid anything close to a "pay-to-win" game.

All I said.. was I'm pretty sure the economy wouldn't be ruined.

Paladin_Locke
6th Jun 2013, 23:29

Fair enough. To be honest though, I've seen games economies get wrecked for similar reasons before. There is a reason I don't play F2P (PtW) games anymore. Check out the Neverwinter MMO beta. Enchanted Keys are pretty much the best currency you can get, or at least it was when I tried it out awhile ago. Tradeable but they don't spawn in game, just in the item mall. The only things that sell great on that AH are things you basically have to pay for with real money. I just don't want to have what looks like an amazing game go down a similar path.

Ruhyah
7th Jun 2013, 02:11
Wouldn't a subscription model + item mall scare potential players.. I know I would be ._. Might as well go F2P model and use the $15 a month for the item mall. Besides, item malls tend to ruin gameplay/economy ratio, I'd rather the game based its economy using the crafting/gathering system.

not scare me. Free to Play is a rip off...they get more money out of you then subscription. I do not mind if Se has a store for extra clothing, etc . You do not have to buy those items, but I like selection.

AngelPhoenix77
7th Jun 2013, 08:32

Fair enough. To be honest though, I've seen games economies get wrecked for similar reasons before. There is a reason I don't play F2P (PtW) games anymore. Check out the Neverwinter MMO beta. Enchanted Keys are pretty much the best currency you can get, or at least it was when I tried it out awhile ago. Tradeable but they don't spawn in game, just in the item mall. The only things that sell great on that AH are things you basically have to pay for with real money. I just don't want to have what looks like an amazing game go down a similar path.

thats the thing neverwinter is the exception to the rule. ive been playing mmos sence star wars galaxy, most i would say only sold fluff items at the start, but just like city of they finally did sell pay to win items.

this has been a good conversation, i havent said what my opion on this subject is, i would say yes to new costumes and vanity pets. but no to anything that would dystroy the balance of the game.

Paladin_Locke
7th Jun 2013, 08:57
thats the thing neverwinter is the exception to the rule. ive been playing mmos sence star wars galaxy, most i would say only sold fluff items at the start, but just like city of they finally did sell pay to win items.

this has been a good conversation, i havent said what my opion on this subject is, i would say yes to new costumes and vanity pets. but no to anything that would dystroy the balance of the game.

I would be far less opposed to it if item mall purchases were limited to barding/useless pets and whatnot, so long as they COULD NOT be sold to other players through the game. But seriously, what purpose do vanity items truly serve in games? Why is everyone so opposed to just playing a game as it's meant to be played? I think that even the "fluff" should be earned. Want a pet? Raise one and keep or sell it. Want a house and furniture? Buy the house and create or purchase it from someone who did craft it. Want a certain look? Work on the class that has it and get the pieces for it.

Simia
20th Jun 2013, 20:23
Hai,

I have not played FFXI, FFXIII, or FFXIV 1.0. I know that if you have, you got unique items that will carry over to FFXIV: ARR. I know it is still possible to get the FFXIV 1.0 items by purchasing the original sealed versions of the game from Amazon or Ebay. My question is if it is still possible to obtain the ones from FFI and FFIII for when FFXIV: ARR releases? Also, is it worth getting these items? Are they just for looks or do any of them give you special boosts or abilities? Thanks!

Simia

Takeaseat
22nd Aug 2013, 11:53
Please SE, we need some sort of indication of when items are part of sets. Currently when trying to clean up your armory, you could accidentally delete something part of another set without knowing. Some sort of addition to the item tooltip or warning message when selling would be fantastic (or both).

Wulfke
24th Aug 2013, 18:51
Where do you give in the 20 digit code to get this helmet for ps3 ? im from EU
It says you should follow the instructions at the following URL : http://sqex.to/FFXIVRedeemCodeEU but the URL doesnt work .

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 19:40
As far as I know, you cannot redeem special in-game items until the game is officially released on the 27th. It will then be sent to you via the in-game delivery system.

Kusorai
25th Aug 2013, 06:14
Please people, do not come in here and whine about not getting your code or wanting your money back if you just so happen to click this topic. I have my own questions to ask.

Ok, so I'm all registered and stuff I even redeemed my early access/bonus item code. I've been having a blast so far however I can't seem to find a way to receive my bonus items the mog cap and cait sith doll. Do I need to go to a delivery moogle? What am I missing here?

I heard on a few topics that the CE pre order items will be given out on the 27th. I'm not sure if that's true but if you could confirm one way or the other that'd be fantastic.

priincess756
25th Aug 2013, 06:20
Hey, i had the same problem and was freaking out why i didn't receive it! But i was told as well we will get it once the game has been officially released! so dont stress! :)

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 06:52
That's right, it will come through the Moogle Delivery System at or shortly after the official launch.

Wulfke
25th Aug 2013, 07:52
thx for the info

TokuSaitp
25th Aug 2013, 08:23
yes thank you as i was wondering this myself as well as the page currently seems to be used for the early access codes

Kusorai
25th Aug 2013, 17:19
:P Thank you people!

Gryph0n
27th Aug 2013, 04:25
How do you get them, I haven't received mine yet so do you have to redeem them or something?

XZutaX
28th Aug 2013, 02:30
Hi im buy a Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PC DOWNLOAD] (Pre-Ordered) but only the game give me a moogel hat and cat doll were is the other items =????? o i do something wrong ty:scratch:

graewins
1st Sep 2013, 15:35
Where can i find elm lumber?

Joematrak
1st Sep 2013, 15:59
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/. One of many websites you can find using google search. This one is my favorite when looking for mats. BTW better to use The Lodestone for that kind of question.

derek666
5th Sep 2013, 16:44
I was just wondering if Dark Matter can be harvested?

Item wear in this game is insane and it would be nice to save a bunch of gil this way...