PDA

View Full Version : timesplitters 2 invincibility

oj123
14th Sep 2003, 12:55
hi!
does anyone know an invincibility cheat, an unlimited ammo cheat or an unlock all characters and levels cheat?
thank you, owen

robofishzombie
14th Sep 2003, 19:09
With the exception of unlimited ammo for beating hard, there aren't any of those in the game.

And if you are using a cheat device, you'll have to specify which one for anyone to help you.

Or you could try playing "fair" ;)

GST_10%
15th Sep 2003, 00:22
I was disappionted that such cheats like invincibility, invisibility, slow animation, all guns, and any other cheat that alters the usual flow of the level weren't in TS2. Those cheats made Goldeneye fun and they should have been in TS2 as well!

oj123
16th Sep 2003, 19:36
there was an invisibility cheat in ts2. the problem was, every character was invisible. there are some fun cheats such as fat characters, big heads and funny hats.
i read on a web-site called www.xboxmagazineonline.com that when you complete ts2 on medium, you unlock the invincibility cheat. this made me angry as i completed it on medium and didn't unlock the cheat.
i just have to complete the game on hard and do the team series c on arcade elite league and then i will have 100% completed, but they're way too hard. i have 3 characters and the site level to unlock.

inredjam
27th Oct 2003, 23:56
<B><font color=tomato>in my experience, invincibily cheats lower your overall game skills as you do not need to worry about hidden enemies, large groups of baddies, crossfire etc and you can forget how to play the game well and become careless if over used (i found this with medal of honour)

Captin Snow
28th Oct 2003, 00:59
This is why I despise the gameshark, I think you should work for your cheats, which is why I like TS2. Though they coulda had some better cheats..

ex-ion
30th Oct 2003, 12:26
um, oj123, I'm afraid that your source is incorrect, having completed the game 100% on all platforms I can safely say that there is no official invincibility cheat, but the code was available via gameshark / action replay devices (codes available at Codejunkies (http://www.codejunkies.com))

anyway, as inredjam stated, using these cheats seriously decrease your skill as a player- as such I can beat all of my cheating friends almost every time (I say almost as a few times I deliberately play bad so as to not put them off). Not only does it ecrease your skill; it decreases your enjoyment, completing hardmode when invincible is like eating stale cornflakes drenched in rancid milk, it does the same job as the "golden crunchy country crisp-like" completion of TS2 Hardmode without cheats but is significantly less enjoyable!

As for Captain snow wanting other cheats; well I sort of agree but instead of invincibility and infinite ammo style cheats Id rather have loads of fun cheats like all people become zombies and can only punch (albiet very hard like in TS1) or all bullets and rockets,ect, bounce like the scifi handgun... yeah, that would rule!!!

questrobin
30th Oct 2003, 13:39
I consider cheaters as losers. I'm as good as I am and are satisfied with that. I would very much like to be a better player, but I'm just avarage. But that's life. But I keep enjoying playing TS2...

regards, Robin.

DrkSnpr14
30th Oct 2003, 14:33
Originally posted by inredjam
<B><font color=tomato>invincibily cheats lower your overall game skills... you can forget how to play the game well and become careless if over used

Totaly agree. I have no remorse for cheaters. all they do is whine about how hard games are, but dont even bother to try. I also agree with Capt. Snow, I love the fact that you have to work for your cheats in TS2. Shure, cheats are fun every now and then, but you shouldn't use them all the time if you want to improve on your skills. :cool:

KittenCeleste
30th Oct 2003, 18:57
.. that is the question..

I think the "cheat" system in TS2 is quite good, to be honest.. You have to earn them, of course, but they still offer a way to enoy the game differently. Take the silly hats as an example, or the spinning heads.. They're labled as cheats, but don't necessarily make the game any easier to play.
I never use cheats like "infinate health" or "infinate ammo" to finish a game.. They're there for you to have fun with.. Ideal for those days when you just want to run through the space station like a rabies infected bunny while spraying bullets like they were going out of fashion.

It is, after all, a game..

Gwrmarines
1st Nov 2003, 02:15
Originally posted by inredjam
<B><font color=tomato>in my experience, invincibily cheats lower your overall game skills as you do not need to worry about hidden enemies, large groups of baddies, crossfire etc and you can forget how to play the game well and become careless if over used (i found this with medal of honour)

MOH i know what you are talking about i stink:(

oj123
1st Nov 2003, 09:59
I have completed the game in easy and medium. i have done the first level on hard, but i can't get any further. i have two levels to complete on the elite league in arcade mode, but i can't do them either. that's why i wanted an invincibility cheat.