PDA

View Full Version : Pacifist

Guz
13th Sep 2003, 14:11
ok so ive been playing through the game not killing or Knocking anyone out, so what about that guy in the Missile Silo who you have to deal with to make sure no one minces with the launch sequence, is he the only person in the game you have to kill/knock out, i cant see a way around it :(

Catman
14th Sep 2003, 17:55
I wonder if you can get him to fall into the water ... I've always just shot him with a tranq dart, so I have no idea if this is possible or if it will work.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
15th Sep 2003, 12:38
ok you can run very fast? I can't remember if you need to have him unconscious to complete the mission. if not you just have to put ballistic armor and healing, and run

Guz
15th Sep 2003, 16:51
no jock doesnt seem to appear until you have 'dealt' with him

Catman
15th Sep 2003, 18:07
Doesn't he have a plasma rifle? Maybe you could get him to kill himself?

Huntress
15th Sep 2003, 19:40
Well I think there are many more that you need/have to kill IMHO. What about the "Rescue's? Hotel, Gas station and the two in Paris Underground...as well as the Subway? Then there are three that come up in the elevator in Area 51 as just a few examples? I don't even see a way to "Escape" without killing or at least knocking out several of these characters along the way? I knocked out as much as I could but I also killed when I felt I needed to. Don't you also think you "had" to kill Simmons'? Even if you could escape him in that cave...he would have come up in that elevator with the other two soldiers or whoever. I dunno, I just think there were very many confrontational situations that you were forced to do some killing? How could you even possibly get by all those enemies at Vandenburg, Area 51, Paris, Hong Kong, Brooklyn (Navy Yard) as a whole? Don't see how it would be possible :) Ta and Good Hunting!

Guz
16th Sep 2003, 15:49
Originally posted by Huntress
Well I think there are many more that you need/have to kill IMHO. What about the "Rescue's? Hotel, Gas station and the two in Paris Underground...as well as the Subway? Then there are three that come up in the elevator in Area 51 as just a few examples? I don't even see a way to "Escape" without killing or at least knocking out several of these characters along the way? I knocked out as much as I could but I also killed when I felt I needed to. Don't you also think you "had" to kill Simmons'? Even if you could escape him in that cave...he would have come up in that elevator with the other two soldiers or whoever. I dunno, I just think there were very many confrontational situations that you were forced to do some killing? How could you even possibly get by all those enemies at Vandenburg, Area 51, Paris, Hong Kong, Brooklyn (Navy Yard) as a whole? Don't see how it would be possible :) Ta and Good Hunting!

well maybe you feel you cant do it, but i have got up to this point without killing anyone, in all the hostage situations i just let the hostages get killed because i am refusing to harm another creature, i escaped all of the bosses, i have yet to kill or knock out a guard yet, but i just cannot find a way around not killing this guy.
you need to be very skilled at sneaking, Huntress, and i guess your not. because it definately is possible.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
16th Sep 2003, 16:08
in all the hostage situations i just let the hostages get killed because i am refusing to harm another creature

wow, this might be the beginning of a BIG philosophical discussion.

after all, it is true YOU didn't kill he hostages yourself, but since you could have saved them and nobody else could, you could be held responsible for their death.

is it better than knocking out the guards? Or is it just to play the game without using your weapons (a challenge?)

Bio Denton
17th Sep 2003, 13:45
Originally posted by Huntress

Rescues? lol
Hotel? The window.
Gas Station? You actually saved her?
Sillhoute Members? Screw em.
Area 51 Elevator? Lead them out then double back.
Simons? Run past him.

How? Camo Armour. Speed, Radar etc augs.

Guz
17th Sep 2003, 17:32
yeah i know what you mean about the Phiosophical thing (spelling is appauling), but when i started i decided to do this, and also i have finally done it, getting an mib to come down in the lift and then me standing near the guy running round until the MIB killed him

EDIT: also had to kill anna navarre in a same way, because theres no way around her getiing killed either

Huntress
19th Sep 2003, 00:45
Let the hostages get killed...no, no not my way of doing things. My job was to save them, not let them die!!! And yes, I most certainly did save Savages's Daughter :) You mean you couldn't? Now who's not too good at stealth???? I happen to be pretty darn good at it (being a Thief player) and I did pretty good in this game as well, thank you very much :) I didn't use some of the Augs you did...but Cloak was certainly a main ingredient...and/or the Prod/Sniper were main weaponry used along with the Crossbow :) Notice I said main not all. I guess if your clever and fast enough to have made the others shoot Simmon's instead, that would have been an unusual way of getting it done, but not a main stream method :D So good for you! However, your general way of playing it at this time...is not for me ;) I much preferred to save the innocent rather than allow them to die or whatever. Ta and Good Hunting!

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
19th Sep 2003, 09:20
I was wondering... I think I remember having to reload because savage Daughter had been killed. was it just because I didn't want her to die, or was it because the game told me I had to?

(what I mean is : do I HAVE to save her, or is failure an option?)

/*Edit : missing word*/

Catman
19th Sep 2003, 12:57
Failure is an option. Jock is disappointed, and you don't get a certain goody from Savage later in the game.