PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: PlayStation Specifications and Questions

Fubar4585
20th Jun 2013, 10:54
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/)

There you have it. Ps3 requires a video output of at least 480p.

If your having any windowing issues, this is probably why.

Just grab an HDMI cable.

aray0002
22nd Aug 2013, 09:40
Ok correct me if I am wrong here because.... I swear I want to be WRONG HERE.

But on the PSN STORE:
Specs on the game ;
1player
12GB min. save
HDTV 720p screen resolution. <---- WHAT ????

Ok seriously someone please correct me. SONY uses BLU RAY correct ? Game client is only 6.3 GB. so... why so skimppy on the VISUALS.
I played the BETA and figured is was just a un-finished product but... this upsets me a little.

1080i native would be acceptable but.. 720p thats below standard of Blu Ray is it not ? :mad:

SirCrush
22nd Aug 2013, 09:49
1080p is a memory hog. Simply increasing the resolution would not only take VASTLY more memory but also be a much larger game file. 1080 GAMES just never worked that well on PS3, FFXIII and WipeoutHD were the exception.MOST games use 720p on PS3 since most consider 720p > 1080i to begin with AND the memory issues I already mentioned but admittedly don't fully understand how all of this works other than filesize and memory load is definitely higher on 1080 so therefore hurts performance.

SOmeone who knows better can probably explain it better. But we've gotten used to 720p by now. The Last of Us has the best graphics of any PS3 game PERIOD and it is only 720p so probably not a big deal...although FF13 sure was purty, wasn't it? :p To give you an idea, FF13-2 went to 720p also. It''s just the current gen console standard since those machines struggle to run 1080p. Next gen will be different.

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 10:03
1080i native would be acceptable but.. 720p thats below standard of Blu Ray is it not ? :mad:

It has NOTHING to do with the bluray (resolution) at all - it's just data storage media like CD or DVD or hard drive.

Majority of the PS3 games runs in 720p or even lower native res and then just upsale it to higher resolution. Frankly I personally think that FF XIV:ARR looks and runs pretty impressive on such old console as PS3 and the playability and content is much more important than polish look in otherwise soulless games ...

GoldX18
22nd Aug 2013, 10:22
Nearly fell of my chair, the PS3 is in no way going to be able to play this game and be on par with the detail on the PC,

At best, PS3 would be playing at PC's Medium detail to even run at 720p.

Don't beleive me? look at the difference between Battlefield 3 PS3 and Battlefield 3 PC, its astonishing, the trees are actually trees!!

aray0002
22nd Aug 2013, 10:42
Well, I guess I take what is written on back of box art a bit to serious.
I spent thousands of dollars to keep up with Tech. Running PS3 via. HDMI > Dennon 7.1 > 65 inch LCD just was hoping for 1080i at the least.

A 65 inch ... sitting 7 ft. away you do see the difference between 720p and 1080i > 1080p not so much. between 1080i.

GoldX18
22nd Aug 2013, 10:46
A 65 inch ... sitting 7 ft. away you do see the difference between 720p and 1080i > 1080p not so much. between 1080i.
Wow yep I see your point now, you fall into a very small minority with having a TV that big lol, consoles only account for the average consumer, so that it can achieve the most distribution

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 10:57
Wow yep I see your point now, you fall into a very small minority with having a TV that big lol, consoles only account for the average consumer, so that it can achieve the most distribution

ouch.

SinisJecht
22nd Aug 2013, 11:24
The game appears to be much better optimized to run at 720p anyway. I've been running the benchmark with various options,settings and resolution and the one that comes out on top is 720p at max settings. Though this could be due to Nvidia not being optimized for this game but the results I found make me believe that FF 14 is better optimized for 720p.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 11:37
I would hope that the PS4 version will be 1080 and should be on par with the PCs at that time, but obviously the PC scene moves so quick it will jump ahead graphically very quickly

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 11:44
I would hope that the PS4 version will be 1080

Same here ... I plan to "migrate" to PS4 version.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 11:46
Same here ... I plan to "migrate" to PS4 version.

It'll also add voice chat since the PS4 will be getting cross game chat like the 360 currently has :)

SinisJecht
22nd Aug 2013, 11:56
The problem you have then though is that you have to pay sony to play online. While it's not expensive I feel I shouldn't be forced to pay when I already pay for my broadband service, then on top of that you have to pay your sub. I just don't think it's right.

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 11:57
The problem you have then though is that you have to pay sony to play online. While it's not expensive I feel I shouldn't be forced to pay when I already pay for my broadband service, then on top of that you have to pay your sub. I just don't think it's right.

Not for all games - MMO are excluded from that according to the latest info. And if you already have PS+ for your PS3 and / or Vita it will not cost you anything extra.

SinisJecht
22nd Aug 2013, 12:02
Not for all games - MMO are excluded from that according to the latest info. And if you already have PS+ for your PS3 and / or Vita it will not cost you anything extra. Didn't see the MMO part so I'll take your word for that, however people who have PS+ are still paying a fee and anyone who doesn't will indeed be forced to pay to play online. I can't imagine people buying a PS4 just for FF 14 xD

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 12:08
I can't imagine people buying a PS4 just for FF 14 xD

Well it depends really - comparing several hundreds (bucks or quids) for PS4 + PS+ sub on top of that with some decent gaming PC for couple of thousands ... IF it would be solely for FF 14 then PS4 might still be the most affordable option here.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 12:34
To be honest it's an old 360 argument about paying to play which I never liked but you never got anything for you money on the xbox. I know they've start some free game with a LIVE subscription but they are few and far between and rather old games too. But for me I subscribe to PS+ anyways which is totally worth it. It's normally £39.99 for 12 months but I got online card cheaper for £29.99. So far I've had at least £400-£500 of free games and content, so it's a no brainer that it's worth the money. Yes I'd obviously rather online be free but what you save on the free games that are available then it's a plus for PS+ :)

Anyone who owns or has owned a 360 would have no problems with a PS+ sub because they are already used to it.

Voxinabox
22nd Aug 2013, 16:55
RTFM is something a lot of people don't do. So, I'm just going to put down the "Too long didn't read" section of things you REALLY need to learn to help make the best out of your character.

#1. Auto target nearest enemy. (L2/R2+ R1) I find R2+R1 to be the fastest way simply because it feels uncomfortable the other way.

#2. Auto target farthest enemy. (L2/R2+ L1) again, I find Pressing L1+L2 to be the more comfortable way, but that's just me. Find out what is fastest and more comfortable for you.

#3. Edit Cross Bar. (L2/R2 + SELECT). It's faster than going through your menu and finding the thing you want to hot bar.

#4. Toggle virtual mouse. (L1+R3). This is a lot faster than pressing Select a bunch of times when trying to click something that's far away such as the quests lists. Oh and left click is L2 while right click is R2

#5. Toggle UI display mode. L1+SELECT. This helps you the user interface.

#6. While in Display mode you can use R3 to change the window size. Don't you hate that small map? Well go ahead and fix that.... oh and L1+start is screenshot, but whatever.

yb-xh-
23rd Aug 2013, 03:40
I know for early access, PS3 player can use the B4 client downloaded to play. What about after early access? Can we still use the PS3 downloaded file to play after 27th? Or we have to use the disc? Bit confused...

Thank you!

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 03:46
As far as I know, you only need the disc if you have not downloaded the client. You will need the game itself to register the code, but you shouldn't need the disc to play the game.

yb-xh-
23rd Aug 2013, 03:54
Thank you :)

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 04:15
correct

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 08:13
Or just use a mouse/keyboard/pad combo like me :D

Ravittsu
23rd Aug 2013, 08:47
Or just use a mouse/keyboard/pad combo like me :D

HUH??? u can do that!!

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 08:50
HUH??? u can do that!!

Sure you can mate, unlike the xbox you can use virtually any USB device on your PS3 :)

Ravittsu
23rd Aug 2013, 08:53
Sure you can mate, unlike the xbox you can use virtually any USB device on your PS3 :)

errmmmagerrddd..
did not know that.. using the ps3 is good and all but aiming on to diff targets is a pain

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 08:55
I first used the mouse/keyboard on Unreal 3, was pretty good. I still mainly use the pad for FFXIV but the keyboard is great for typing and shortcut and the mouse is a must for navigating the map and journals :)

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 08:56
RTFM is something a lot of people don't do. So, I'm just going to put down the "Too long didn't read" section of things you REALLY need to learn to help make the best out of your character.

#1. Auto target nearest enemy. (L2/R2+ R1) I find R2+R1 to be the fastest way simply because it feels uncomfortable the other way.

#2. Auto target farthest enemy. (L2/R2+ L1) again, I find Pressing L1+L2 to be the more comfortable way, but that's just me. Find out what is fastest and more comfortable for you.

#3. Edit Cross Bar. (L2/R2 + SELECT). It's faster than going through your menu and finding the thing you want to hot bar.

#4. Toggle virtual mouse. (L1+R3). This is a lot faster than pressing Select a bunch of times when trying to click something that's far away such as the quests lists. Oh and left click is L2 while right click is R2

#5. Toggle UI display mode. L1+SELECT. This helps you the user interface.

#6. While in Display mode you can use R3 to change the window size. Don't you hate that small map? Well go ahead and fix that.... oh and L1+start is screenshot, but whatever. Does this mean the UI size? I'm on PC but use a gamepad as I find the game works alot better with it,but the crosshotbars are a little big so if you can alter that I'm a happy man.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:01
You can edit the window sizes by clicking R3, I found this out by accident because I was doing a Levequest and couldn't see the 'Initiate' button because it was off the bottom of my screen, I must has accidently clicked R3 at some point and when I figured out it sizes the windows it was great! You can also go into the menu (start button) on the PS3 and re-order the entire HUD and make the sections as large or small as you need. I reduced the hotkey bar and status bar to give me more room on screen

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:05
Other good uses of the keyboard is Print Screen to take a screenshot (was hit and miss whether it worked on beta), this saves in your XMB photo folder. And also you can hit Scroll Lock to hide the entire HUD. There must be a shortcut for the pad but couldn't figure it, probably in keybinding somewhere

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 09:08
I don't think I can ever play another MMO again after this, I've been spoilt by the support for game pads hahaha it makes it so much more enjoyable, and I can sit comfortably on my sofa instead of being crouched over on my computer chair xD

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:11
I don't think I can ever play another MMO again after this, I've been spoilt by the support for game pads hahaha it makes it so much more enjoyable, and I can sit comfortably on my sofa instead of being crouched over on my computer chair xD

I could agree with that if my wife wasn't hogging the 40" TV in the living room and I'm in a cramped spare room on a 21" :(
Only way I can get away with playing all night by giving her the best telly (I gave her my old 3 time repaired PS3 though, the reliable slim is mine!)

Ravittsu
23rd Aug 2013, 09:13

i agree but i find it kind of irritating when i try and aim for one monster and hit something else.. or im not locked onto anything at all... so im just spamming away at my abilities sometimes and i hit nothing :L. but yeah i didnt know u could plug in a keyboard ty for the info

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 09:14
I could agree with that if my wife wasn't hogging the 40" TV in the living room and I'm in a cramped spare room on a 21" :(
Only way I can get away with playing all night by giving her the best telly (I gave her my old 3 time repaired PS3 though, the reliable slim is mine!) haha I'm lucky, my wife is a book worm so I have the big TV all to myself :) that is when the kids go to bed,damn kids take over everything hahahahahaha

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:20
i agree but i find it kind of irritating when i try and aim for one monster and hit something else.. or im not locked onto anything at all... so im just spamming away at my abilities sometimes and i hit nothing :L. but yeah i didnt know u could plug in a keyboard ty for the info

No probs mate, I think you can avoid the targeting issues by setting up macros? Don't quote me on that but I'm sure I read that as someone mention forever targeting a Arcanists carbuncle but apparently you can set it up to only target enemies etc when in battle. Not sure if the info is online about Macros or if we'll have to wait until we get the manual. There might be help in the Lodestone forums.

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 09:23
No probs mate, I think you can avoid the targeting issues by setting up macros? Don't quote me on that but I'm sure I read that as someone mention forever targeting a Arcanists carbuncle but apparently you can set it up to only target enemies etc when in battle. Not sure if the info is online about Macros or if we'll have to wait until we get the manual. There might be help in the Lodestone forums. I hope you can, since I too am forever targeting my carbuncle. It doesn't annoy me though as I've accepted that it's down to using a controller instead of a mouse.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:26
I did find for me that once you press X to target and the press left/right on the D-Pad it selected enemies and up/down selected friendlys/party members

JohnKarlo
26th Aug 2013, 05:17
Hey! I just wanted to ask something about FFXIV: ARR on the PS3. If I plug-in my mouse and keyboard to the PS3, can I use it to play FF14? I can't play the game on my PC due to a script error that I can't fix. So I thought I should just buy the PS3 version and use my keyboard and mouse since I'm not comfortable playing an MMO with the DS3. Thank you!

Zwykii
26th Aug 2013, 05:49
yes, and lol.... cant fix a script error so you're going to buy another copy.. *cough* idiot *cough*

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 05:52
If there's an error you should figure out how to fix it, it might not be limited to ffxiv.

FinalFantasy912
27th Aug 2013, 20:26
I live in the middle of nowhere and I love this game but, I was needing advice on my connection speed

DL Speed = 80-100KBPS
I ping 100-130 on the other MMO's I play was just needing some answers on how well this would work on the PS3 Version of the game

FinalFantasy912
27th Aug 2013, 20:37
I live in the middle of nowhere and I love this game but, I was needing advice on my connection speed

DL Speed = 80-100KBPS
I ping 100-130 on the other MMO's I play was just needing some answers on how well this would work on the PS3 Version of the game

FinalFantasy912
27th Aug 2013, 20:39
Any sort of help would be much appreciated thank you

Blair1955
1st Sep 2013, 08:42
I have two PS3s in different rooms one I use the other my girlfriend uses this morning I tried to login into hers but told me I would have to install game under my Sony user ID. Reason I had rather play on hers is I play on a 32” LCD and she on a 47” LED. Can I install under my ID without messing up hers? I'm up between 1:30 to 3:00 am long before she is so have quite a bit of time to play on the 47"...

Nyxa75
1st Sep 2013, 16:38
why not just move your PS3 into the room with the bigger tv?

Secret666
1st Sep 2013, 17:28

My thoughts too, as for the OP's questions it should be ok but surely it is less hastle just to move your system and use her wires?

Blair1955
1st Sep 2013, 19:03

Yeah I guess that’s the easiest way I had thought about that too. Just didn’t know if there was a like a launcher that would give option of who was to sign in.

thanks..

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 09:31
So have you got the game installed on both consoles? Do you have 2 copies of the game? Is your PSN ID on both consoles? Really need more info to go on in order to help you.

My setup for example is that I have 2 PS3's and 2 copies of the game. My PSN account and my wifes are on both consoles. As long as I log into my PSN on either machine I can play with my SE ID. Obviously your SE ID will not work on any other PSN Profile because it's linked.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 09:34
So to clarify, if you don't have your PSN profile on her PS3 then add a new user and go to 'sign up for PSN' and use your existing PSN log in details. This will then have your profile on the PS3 and then you can sign into the launcher fine. The launcher won't work on any other profile because your subscription is linked to your PSN.

Hope that helps :)

Blair1955
2nd Sep 2013, 13:25
Hello and thanks for the reply. Yes we bought two copies of the game and are installed on each console. She is the primary PSN ID (her name listed first) and the opposite on mine. Only difference is I had downloaded my copy of the game already and with hers we installed with the game disk. I logged into her console with my ID then proceeded to the launcher but it never loaded so that’s as far as I was able to go.

thanks Blair

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 13:28
So you have your own PSN ID on her console? You're not trying to go in to the launcher on her PSN profile and then use your SE ID are you?

Blair1955
3rd Sep 2013, 18:46
So you have your own PSN ID on her console? You're not trying to go in to the launcher on her PSN profile and then use your SE ID are you?

hello... yes I do have a PSN ID on her PS3... I logged in with my ID and then tried to bring up the launcher but it wants me to install under my ID from the way I understand it..
thanks, Blair

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 15:01
Strange that it's asking you to install it when it's already installed. I've logged into my account on my 2nd PS3 that my wife users and it's fine. Just do it, it shouldn't affect her profile because that is stored in her save data and online. But if it kills everything don't shoot me! But it really shouldn't mess things up.

Nyxa75
4th Sep 2013, 16:35
Strange that it's asking you to install it when it's already installed. I've logged into my account on my 2nd PS3 that my wife users and it's fine. Just do it, it shouldn't affect her profile because that is stored in her save data and online. But if it kills everything don't shoot me! But it really shouldn't mess things up.

Shoot the messenger if it messes up!!!! (just playing with you Hippy)

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 07:33
Shoot the messenger if it messes up!!!! (just playing with you Hippy)

But I deploy my lvl31 stoneskin! HA :D

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 10:32
Your square enix account and your psn id are linked, You dont have to copy or first install the game under your account name but to use your membership you would have to do the second install on your account name on the second ps3, As for discs you can use the disc to install the game on to everybody ps3 in uk and it wouldn't matter, Just remember after first install the disc is useless hence why i toke my copy back after i installed it lol.

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 10:58
Your square enix account and your psn id are linked, You dont have to copy or first install the game under your account name but to use your membership you would have to do the second install on your account name on the second ps3, As for discs you can use the disc to install the game on to everybody ps3 in uk and it wouldn't matter, Just remember after first install the disc is useless hence why i toke my copy back after i installed it lol.

You've not really read the conversation clearly, the scenario is that he has 2 PS3's, one he uses and the other his GF uses, both have his PSN profile on them and both already have FFXIV installed on them but when trying to sign into his FFXIV account on his PSN profile on the 2nd PS3 it asks him to install. So the query was would this mess up his GF's profile because the game was already installed on that console and was wondering why it was asking him to install it when it already was.

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 11:08
i just skimmed the first line lol.
on ps3 theres two installs and the second installs links the game to the psn name for payments but he can just start it up on his psn name and install again and it will auto come up with his details then.

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 11:16
What I gathered though was it was asking for a full game install (as in the 6-7gb install) which it really shouldn't, the PS3 infrastructure doesn't allow for multiple installs of the same content. In theory it would just overwrite the original install, which was his worry about it affecting his GF's profile but I said it shouldn't because her save data is separate to the actual game install.

From my experience I didn't get asked to install when if logged into my 2nd PS3 which already had the game installed.

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 11:23
its not a full install first install via disc is 6gb which is saved in system data the second install is profile saved data so you can have as many as your hd can hold.

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 11:27
This is what I trying to figure out from him because he didn't specify the install request bit, it just sound like it wanted a big install

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 11:42
Nan the main install is across all accounts the second install is 1 account only as the install is linked with the psn account then.

Blair1955
5th Sep 2013, 18:59
This is what I trying to figure out from him because he didn't specify the install request bit, it just sound like it wanted a big install

Ok I started her PS3 and logged in via my ID then clicked on the launcher and this is the message I got. “The system data detected may have been created by another user. Initialization required.” I took it as it wants an install under my PS3 ID or does it?

Blair

arkien3
6th Sep 2013, 06:10
There's something I don't understand.

Why Square Enix refunds the PS3 digital copy? Is it because they can't play it?

I purchased the bluray collector version of the game, and I can't play it too (still stucked into the 1st launch with terms to agree with / Square Enix connection / Linking PSN and SE accounts / Result : "le serveur ne répond pas" - server is not responding -)

I don't need to put the bluray in the ps3 to launch the "launcher", so how the game knows that's the bluray version and not the digital one?

I want to know if ANYBODY who bought the game (after the digital version was removed from PSN), is stucked at the same point? It would be normal if any new buyer (digital or not) couldn't play the game.

Hope I'm clear, I'm not so good to explain this in english. Thanks!

TheRealKraggy
6th Sep 2013, 07:13
I don't have the PS3 version but I've seen Sony had problems with registration codes or something.

As for the difference between the boxed CE and the digital base game, the registration codes are different so that the system knows what 'toys' you're entitled to; things like the Behemoth mount etc. the CE gives you. If you have the basic game and buy the digital CE upgrade (I'm assuming the PS3 version has this, I have a PC version) then your account gets upgraded with a code that adds the items.

So, after installing off the BD disc the difference is recorded in your SE Account from the code you entered and/or added by a digital upgrade.

Not sure if this is at all what you're asking, if not, sorry. :)

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 07:16
Square-Enix are not refunding the digital copy, it's Sony that are doing the refund. The problem you're encountering is on the SE side of things with server registration errors in the launcher. The digital copies bought from the PSN store were faulty and causing the 'no valid account' errors and this was due to Sony having messed up the store version so it is Sonys fault hence why they are refunding purchases from their PS3 store.

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 07:20
Ok I started her PS3 and logged in via my ID then clicked on the launcher and this is the message I got. “The system data detected may have been created by another user. Initialization required.” I took it as it wants an install under my PS3 ID or does it?

Blair
From what Welsh says it's just a small install for your profile and should not affect her profile data. I didn't get this myself when doing the same thing but it shouldn't mess things up. But you can always shoot welsh if it does, he said it's fine ;)

arkien3
6th Sep 2013, 07:23
Ok, there are 2 different problems. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!
One more question, is any new player (with the physical version) stucked in the launcher? Is this a general issue?

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 07:27
Have you tried uninstalling it?

TheRealKraggy
6th Sep 2013, 07:30
Can you explain a bit more about being 'stuck'?

You say you're getting 'server not responding', at what point do you get that? When you run the launcher, after entering your name/password and clicking OK, after clicking Play, or when?

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 07:34
It's after he accepts the terms and tries linking his account Kraggy, he did another thread about it already

arkien3
6th Sep 2013, 07:35
Have you tried uninstalling it?

Yes of course, same problem.

Can you explain a bit more about being 'stuck'?

You say you're getting 'server not responding', at what point do you get that? When you run the launcher, after entering your name/password and clicking OK, after clicking Play, or when?

I agree licence terms. I enter my login / password. And then, it asks me to link my PSN account with my SE account. I click on "Suivant" button (Next) to link my 2 accounts. And I instantly get that error ("Le serveur ne répond pas, si le problème persiste merci de contacter l'assistance de Square Enix"... - The server does not respond, please contact Square Enix assistance -).

I have the same error if I try to create a new SE account instead of loging in.

TheRealKraggy
6th Sep 2013, 07:44
This sounds like some sort of web access problem unconnected with the game.

What happens when you try to log into your SE Account at https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account ?

arkien3
6th Sep 2013, 07:52
This sounds like some sort of web access problem unconnected with the game.

What happens when you try to log into your SE Account at https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account ?

It works. But I get this :

Token Usage Status
Square Enix ID arkien3
Registration Status Not registered

Don't know if that's important.

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 07:54
I didn't think of that Kraggy. Arkien maybe you could try setting up your PS3 on a DMZ on your internet router, if you don't know how to do it then there are plenty of guides on the internet. You just need to assign your PS3 a static IP address and then go into your router setup page and put that IP on a DMZ. This will open all ports for your PS3 and MAY help with your problem.

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 07:55
It works. But I get this :

Token Usage Status
Square Enix ID arkien3
Registration Status Not registered

Don't know if that's important.

That's just in reference to the security token, have a look at the mogstation page and see what comes up.

arkien3
6th Sep 2013, 08:01
I didn't think of that Kraggy. Arkien maybe you could try setting up your PS3 on a DMZ on your internet router, if you don't know how to do it then there are plenty of guides on the internet. You just need to assign your PS3 a static IP address and then go into your router setup page and put that IP on a DMZ. This will open all ports for your PS3 and MAY help with your problem.

I will check tonight but I think my PS3 is already on a DMZ.

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 08:06
I will check tonight but I think my PS3 is already on a DMZ.

If it is then it's definitely some bug on the launcher. Let us know how it goes mate.

arkien3
6th Sep 2013, 15:07
If it is then it's definitely some bug on the launcher. Let us know how it goes mate.

Yahoooo, I was on DMZ.
I solved my problem by purging the XMB internet browser (cache...) and allowing cookies...

Thanks a lot for helping me and giving me some clues =).

LadroVerde
6th Sep 2013, 15:11
I installed the game 5 time and still i get invallid password

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 15:17
Yahoooo, I was on DMZ.
I solved my problem by purging the XMB internet browser (cache...) and allowing cookies...

Thanks a lot for helping me and giving me some clues =).

Great news mate! Glad you managed to get it sorted, so that's 1 down, another 99,999 people to help get online now lol :D (total number of people entirely fictional but may be true lol)

maffnaff90
20th Sep 2013, 12:12
hi guys,

im workin in france at the moment and purchased a mobile wlan router. I can charge up to 20GB traffic. I've downloaded the whole data for the game at home, but how much traffic do I need to play it for a month?
I would play it about 2 - 3 h every day.

That mobile router is like flatrate on mobiles, just to let u know

Hope someone can tell

Hippy_Pickle2
20th Sep 2013, 12:20
It's very hard to give any accurate data as can depend where you are and what you're doing in the game that can dictate the usage.

I did a search and got some WoW stats coming in at the following:
Sitting idle in a busy zone = 10MB/hr in both directions (so if your ISP counts uploads, it will be 20MB/hr) ...
Raiding = 20-25MB/hr in both directions (up to 50MB/hr if uploads counted) ...
Sitting idle in unpopular zone = 2-3MB/hr in both directions ...

Blizzard themselves estimated a max of 30mb an hour, so I would assume FFXIV is proabably similar in usage of data.

Hope this helps :)

Hippy_Pickle2
20th Sep 2013, 12:26
On an extra note this maybe more as you have to also factor in the data the PS3 is sending/receiving for friends status, messages and general PSN stuff etc.

Edit: Not that it's overally relevant yet but people also noted that they could use 60-80mb and hour doing PvP but FFXIV doesn't have PvP yet so not a factor to consider.

mosov1967
29th Oct 2013, 01:34
Hi. i am using a mouse, keyboard and ps3 controller but appears a problem, suddenly y toggle on a walk mode i do not know how ho to toggle off, it is very annoying and i have to exit the game and login again. i tried with the key bind but it seems not works for me. can you help me?

Hippy_Pickle
30th Oct 2013, 08:53
I think this is in the character config screen and is a tick box for toggle walk mode.

Untouchablee
1st Nov 2013, 13:54
Hi all, I'm new on here...I have a ps3 slim

2 days ago I was playing FF14 all day about, I dunno, maybe 6pm it shut off on me. It shocked me, but didn't panic. I touched the back of the system and it was pretty hot. I told myself to leave it off the rest of the evening and play again tomorrow.

The morning arrives and I played it for about 15 minutes before it randomly shut down on me again. I mean the ps3 turns off and makes 3 beeps and my screen is completely black. The day before yesterday and yesterday I was able to turn the ps3 back on no problems.

I tried playing FF14 again multiple times yesterday and it shut off on me the same exact way as all the other times. I proceeded to try another game, so I popped in FF13-2 and it played smoothly for an hr no problems. I turned it off myself and decided to look up the problem. Upon doing so, I figured "lemme reformat the hard disk and restore the system to factory settings to rule out possible file corruptions." The reformatting took about 7 hrs to complete but i kept it on more than 12 hrs because I fell asleep, but not ONCE did the ps3 turn off. So I said to myself, "what the bleep?!?" It doesn't sound like it's a power supply issue... and the vents look very clean in the back of the system so, what is going on here?

Additionally, I tried netflix... had it going for an hr and no problems I've even smelled the vents to make sure I don't smell anything burning. The disk is NOT scratched in anyway, dust and fingerprints included. Completely clean... so, my ultimate question to you all is... what could it be???

Hippy_Pickle
6th Nov 2013, 11:14
I've had numerous 'lock-ups' so far with FFXIV or even just random restarts. This is on both my original phat and newer slim (not super slim). Not noticed this being due to being on for prolonged periods of time as have played for 8hr+ straight and had no issues but then had the lock ups after only 1-2hrs before.

The PS3 in general is known for lock-ups like this and I've had this happen during many different games, although this can be more so with games played from the HDD as opposed to disc games.

Just one of those things which is hard to diagnose or prevent I'm afraid.

Ineveraskedforthis
22nd Dec 2013, 14:30
Ok so i haven't bought this game yet and was thinking of picking it up for PS3, last time i played was in beta phase 3 i think on PS3.

There was an issue back then i had that parts of the screen were being cut off so i had a hard time reading text etc, i did manage to get around some of it by re-arranging the UI but it still cut off some boxes. I would like to know if anyone is still having this issue because for me its abit of a turn off towards buying the game which is a shame because i really enjoyed my time in beta apart from this issue.

Thanks

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Dec 2013, 10:43
From reading the posts on the official forums http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/68330-The-PS3-Display-Problem/page7 there is no fix because this looks like a problem with peoples TV's not being setup correctly with the aspect ratio. I'm on the PS3 myself and use a 21" Samsung TV/Monitor via HDMI and get no issues. You may just have to adjust your setting on how the PS3 is outputting this image and your TV's display mode.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Dec 2013, 10:58
After further reading I think the complaint is that FFXIV doesn't give you an option to do a screen fit like most PS3 games do. The problem is specifically due to the differences in models of TV and their display range. So it's not directly a fault with the game, just SE didn't give the standard aspect change option that most other PS3 games do. So other than double checking 'IF' your TV settings can be adjusted, its a case of adjust the HUD layout and size (can now be scaled down to as low as 60% size) to at least get messages and menu not going outside the edge of the screen, or buying another TV.

Ineveraskedforthis
24th Dec 2013, 11:07
Thanks HP, i did try to adjust the settings on my tv when i played in beta but it didn't change much, i'll give it another try and hopefully i can adjust the UI so it will fit my screen (mainly just the text/chat box.)

Hippy_Pickle
24th Dec 2013, 13:43
If it's the chat box that's off the screen then I'm not sure it can be moved, although I've never actually tried via the HUD option. I know it can't be moved, or split (like PC version), when in game itself. I've moved and resized everything else, just not the chat box as best place for it. I'll have a check next time I log in and let you know :)

Ineveraskedforthis
24th Dec 2013, 23:48
Cool thanks alot! :)

Also Merry Christmas!

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Jan 2014, 13:48
Alas it doesn't appear to allow you to move the chat box at all. The only thing you can do is adjust the window size. Everything else on the HUD is moveable, just not the chat :(

JajakShahur
30th Jan 2014, 18:44
Agent Danyelle J: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
Agent Danyelle J: While I look over the ticket, may I have your name please?
You: Joshua
You: Hello?
Agent Danyelle J: Hi Joshua, looks liek your needing assistamce with game controls.
You: Yes, I am getting pretty experianced at this game, playing around 6 weeks.
You: I was wondering instead of haveing 16 skills on your interface using R2 and L2 is there a way to add another 8 or 16 using R1 and L1.
You: Or any other way to have more then 16 skills available at once besides toggling to another hotbar.
You: If there is a way to put another set of 16 above the current set and use L1 and R1 holds to activate them.
You: That would solve everything for me.
You: Or in the least another 8 somewhere on my interface.
Agent Danyelle J: Just a moment, im going to check for you.
You: Okay thank you.
You: I know you use L1 for changing targeting modes and R1 for toggling hotbars. If there where 16 more skills i could use with those 2 buttons, i would not have to toggle holbars. As for target toggling modes i could use L3 and R3.
Agent Danyelle J: There are 16 more bars. If you hold the L1 or R1 button and then press a hotbar button as if selecting a hotbar command, it will switch to another set of hotbars.
You: I know you use r1 and have total of 8 hotbars with 16 on each.
You: What I'm suggesting is an option to use R1 and L1 to use another 16 skills instead of toggling to another hotbar to use them.
You: You could have a total of 32 skills on your interface at once without toggling hotbars.
You: I'm suggesting an option to add R1 and L1 with same fuction as R2 and L2. Changing target modes to L3 and hotbar toggling To R3. Although with the additial 16 skills from R1 and L1 I would not the need for hotbar toggling.
Agent Danyelle J: We will pass back this feedback along for you. Unfortunately we can not do anything at the moment but future updates could improve with the problem your having. Are there any different issues I can assist you with right now?
You: Thats about it. Is there anyway to contact someone from the game designs/layouts. Email perhaps?
Agent Danyelle J: Her, through chat or through email tickets is the best place to put in suggestions besides the forums.
You: Okay thanks, I will try the forums as well. If you can, please past this imformation so that it may be updated in future patches.
You: Thanks for your time and have a wonderful year.
Agent Danyelle J: Thank you for visiting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center! Take care and hope to see you online!
Agent Danyelle J has disconnected.

JajakShahur
31st Jan 2014, 03:46
To: Fubar
I have seen that you moved my post into yours. What do you think of the idea I had stated? Also if you like the idea or think console players would enjoy having 32 skills as an option should we start a poll? If SE notices a fair amount of players interested in it they might put it in a future patch.

Hippy_Pickle
31st Jan 2014, 14:34
You should put this suggestion on the official forums (The Lodestone) for even the slightest chance of the devs seeing it, this is the publisher forums not the developer forums.

OmanWolf
20th Jun 2014, 19:04
What is your feedback about this game on ps3
I'd love to buy it but i wanna make sure

What are your thoughts ?

Hippy_Pickle
26th Jun 2014, 09:05
Hi OmanWolf,

Myself and my wife both play on the PS3 version of the game and get everything we need out of the game. Obviously the graphically quality of the PS4 and PC versions are superior and the load times etc are faster but the PS3 version is totally playable and is not a handicap over other players on PC/PS4.

OmanWolf
26th Jun 2014, 12:03
Thank you Happy_Pickle

For your information i think i will play it in the ps3
i'm still not done with last gen and i'm not willing yet
to jump the current one

Thank you for everything.

Hippy_Pickle
26th Jun 2014, 12:47
SE have the offer of a free PS4 upgrade (for ps3 users) open for the rest of the year anyways, so still 6 months left to take them up on the offer if you upgrade to a PS4 :D

p.s. I would have answered earlier but been on holiday lol

OmanWolf
26th Jun 2014, 13:40
Wow thats great thank you again
:)