PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft: Silent as a Tomb

Katie_Fleming
12th Sep 2003, 21:14
I have noticed that quite recently the forum has gotten silent. Don't you hate it when this happens? I mean, first there's hype about the game coming out, then hype when it actually *gets out*...then silence...

Will it be this way until 2005 when we actually hear about the next game?!

Raven
12th Sep 2003, 21:30
Well I'm still here....... :D
Yeah I was thinking just today that it's gone quiet, there are hardly any new posts and few people seem to be logged on. Shame....other forums are still busy though......

Aquarius
12th Sep 2003, 22:26
Don't forget, a lot of people have gone back to school you know. ;) This is the first time all week I've had a chance to come on the forums. And that could very well be the case for other people too.

But I noticed over the summer, that many of the regulars from last year really don't come around here anymore. :(

EddyBones
13th Sep 2003, 00:26
I'm still here too. In school in physical form usually, but at the forums in spirit:p

Veronica Ma
13th Sep 2003, 00:43
i think you're right, Aquarius. September is not only back to school but also back to regular routine for a lot of us.

But one thing i have noticed here is that there are quite a few on the board who get a bit perturbed at newbies who ask the same old/same old... So instead of engaging in conversation with them, they curtly ask them to use the search button or consult a walkthrough.

Personally, i think this discourages posting altogether. i know i've since performed a few searches instead of posting for that very reason.

oh well. :)

Aquarius
13th Sep 2003, 01:00
Personally, you can only see 40 threads on how AoD or CoL sucked, or the other 20 threads random pointless threads about Lara, and no types of outside conversations before it gets old.

Forums = community
community = socializing
socializing is not the same as going a month before ever seeing a thread that isn't about someone complaining about something, and there not being a fun thread. Why do you think I started the movie game thread?

Veronica Ma
13th Sep 2003, 01:13
First off, i hope i did not offend. Not my intention. :) And i was not speaking of the complaining types of posts either. i was actually referring to those people who are stuck at Brother Obscura or Boaz (my personal favourite) and who need help from those who've miraculously gotten thru the game.

i think it curtails any further opportunity for a fun conversation when all we have to say to those poor souls is "Do you know what a search button is for, duh?"

:)

dhama
13th Sep 2003, 20:40
I've been around Eidos forums almost since the first day, although I didn't post much in the early days. I've experienced both the busy times and the slack times; they always come in waves. I predict the next busy period to be when Eidos decide to release the new TR level editor........

Tipsko
13th Sep 2003, 21:01
AOD has become what the legacy forum is. First there were speculations and thoughts about the mysterious new game. Now that the game is like 'bin there, done that, worn the T-shirt' most of us give leave the game for a moment and go and focus on other games. Did you notice there have been more posts on the community forum?

thanhkim
13th Sep 2003, 22:34
I'm always here but sometimes you don't have anything to say so you don't post. Unfortunately I'm one of the poor souls stuck on Red ghost I did use the search button and let's just say I will be sitting pretty on that part of the game for a while I think. :D

suzieq51
14th Sep 2003, 02:36
Originally posted by Veronica Ma

But one thing i have noticed here is that there are quite a few on the board who get a bit perturbed at newbies who ask the same old/same old... So instead of engaging in conversation with them, they curtly ask them to use the search button or consult a walkthrough.

Personally, i think this discourages posting altogether. i know i've since performed a few searches instead of posting for that very reason.

oh well. :)

I sadly have noticed that too, Veronica Ma. It's a pity that some people can't find the time to be a little more helpful to newbies. This can be a very confusing place when you're new! And let's not forget that none of us can be ALL knowing ALL of the time.:)

Marcus T
14th Sep 2003, 23:00
Well, I've been a poster at Eidos forums since the latter half of 1999, and although I've not been much sighted or active at times, I tend to drop by on occasion ;)

THE True Lara
15th Sep 2003, 07:33
Originally posted by Aquarius
But I noticed over the summer, that many of the regulars from last year really don't come around here anymore. :(
Maybe they're as bored with all the whinging and b*tch slapping that's been going on round here of late, as I am. :rolleyes:

Solange
16th Sep 2003, 16:32
Originally posted by Veronica Ma
i think it curtails any further opportunity for a fun conversation when all we have to say to those poor souls is "Do you know what a search button is for, duh?"

Originally posted by suzieq51
I sadly have noticed that too, Veronica Ma. It's a pity that some people can't find the time to be a little more helpful to newbies. This can be a very confusing place when you're new! And let's not forget that none of us can be ALL knowing ALL of the time.:)
I've seen this too, and I agree, it is sad. The first few posts here were difficult enough, if someone had said something like that to me one of my first days on this forum (my first forum ever) I would have been really embarrassed and I would have left and not returned!

So that is what you should have done! :p :D

Aquarius
19th Sep 2003, 20:56
I think that's more of a problem because of some people who have maybe been around a few months and think that gives them the right to treat new members like crap... Then again, the new members shouldn't take it too personally though.