PDA

View Full Version : PROOF!!! There really are Metroids in thr Louvre, check this screenshot...

RebeL_fARmeR
10th Sep 2003, 20:00
You know how on the soundtrack for the Louvre galleries you can hear what sounds like Metroids? Well, here's a screenshot, I actually spotted one of them and it came right at me!!!

THERE ARE METROIDS IN THE LOUVRE GALLERIES!!!

As Geocities doesn't allow direct image linking, just click the above link and scrol down right to the bottom of the page, that's where I placed the screenshot.

http://www.geocities.com/burnthetrendie/fanart.html

:D

WesternWhiteWolf
11th Sep 2003, 01:34
What exactly is a Metroid anyway?:confused: Never had a game console 'till I was nine, and that was a PSX. Never knew about this game.

There isn't any of those in the Louvre!!!!!:D Silly, silly boy!

Leigh Croft
11th Sep 2003, 16:04
Hee hee, nice one RebeL_fARmeR, cant believe I missed those! And you can tell thats a 'genuine' screenshot, no WAY it was altered!!! :p I had Metroid 2 for the gameboy but couldnt get very far :p

Lone Raider
11th Sep 2003, 22:21
honestly, I have NO idea what a metroid might be, but this post gives me the opportunity to tell you that I love that pic with vonCroy's glasses :D I also downloaded the toonies I think they're brilliant!

eurisko
11th Sep 2003, 23:30
wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands, mate ;)

just mucking about... seriously, you've done very well :)

RebeL_fARmeR
12th Sep 2003, 07:42
Metroids? They're nothing legendary. They're just the main creature that the old Metroid games were based around, a rather sucessful series I recall. But the thing is, you CAN hear the sound they make in the Louvre galleries. It's a kind of short Screechy sound...

Genuine screenshot though, indeed. I have the game on emulator so it was a simple case of playing through it until I could enter Tourian and then screenshot a Metroid!!!

:P

Xcom
12th Sep 2003, 11:11
I like the toons. http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

thanhkim
13th Sep 2003, 22:14
Cute toonies

WesternWhiteWolf
13th Sep 2003, 23:48
Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR
Metroids? They're nothing legendary. They're just the main creature that the old Metroid games were based around, a rather sucessful series I recall.

Do I sense sarcasm? ;)

Don't blame me for not knowing what a Metroid is. I was around 3 or 4 during the heyday of the Super Nintendo. I can't remember a thing when I was that age! :D