PDA

View Full Version : The New Official "What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?" incl. AOD

CatSuit&Ponytail
9th Sep 2003, 10:19
As originally posted by Catsuit and Ponytail

Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider Gold http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR1.gif

Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider II Gold http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR2.gif

Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider: The Lost Artifact http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR3.gif

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation , Tomb Raider: Chronicles http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR4.gif

Or Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR6.gif

CatSuit&Ponytail
9th Sep 2003, 10:30
http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PollResultsAsOfSept92003.jpg (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110)

Tipsko
9th Sep 2003, 10:56
such a hard question! :) good to use the multi-answer option.

I voted:

Tomb Raider 1
A new, original and beautiful game which had a good and strong main character. Not much words for it though, but it's the first of a serie and a game which showed the world a new way of gaming!

Tomb Raider 2
It was the time that 3d graphics became compatible with special 3d cards. Tomb Raider 2 had the big step from software to hardware rendering. Lara had a ponytail which lived it's own life and changed outfits. More weapons and come one...China's wall, Venice (not to forget the song Venice Violins...) and the snowmobile (and also here not to forget the snowmobile song)

Tomb Raider 4
Tomb Raider looks more refreshing and up-to-date than Tomb Raider 3 (which I really liked though) The lights are well done, though there was no mansion level, there was a real training level in the game itself. A younger Lara and a (new) important character: von Croy. Also here, the story is great and you go to a lot of beautiful location. The Tomb Raider feeling (exploration) was back!

Tomb Raider Fan
11th Sep 2003, 19:12
I voted for Tomb Raider 3,4 and AOD :D

In order it would go:

Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 4
Tomb Raider: AOD

I have always voted for TR3 when one of these polls comes up. I still think it is a great game and i think it is so original....Now that AOD has been added to the list i have voted for that as well because i think thats a great game as well!

Deekman
12th Sep 2003, 17:51
That's weird. The poll says 9 votes total, but if you count the number
of votes for each game you come up with 19 (at the time of this posting)

I voted Last Rev. I liked the scope of the game, and I liked moving
back and forth between levels.

Tipsko
12th Sep 2003, 19:48
Catsuit and Ponytail, what did you vote?

Deekman: 9 people have voted and since you can choose more than one answer you have 9 votes and 19 choices :)

Tipsko

Aquarius
20th Sep 2003, 20:19
It's still TR3 for me. :D

I thought that TR:TLR would be really great, but now that I have it and I think I'm almost done with it, I'm not very impressed with it. The Alexandria levels were the high point of it. City of the Dead levels ruined the game for me. :(

Notts Raider
20th Sep 2003, 21:16
TRLR for me although I'm finding them all quite funky at the moment http://tcwozere.co.uk/smileys/food03.gif

1: TRLR
2: TR1
3: TR3
4: TR2
5: TRC
6: AOD

Chris-Craig Michaels
22nd Sep 2003, 05:10
The first game I played was a demo of TR3: took me 11 months to get through it, and I enjoyed every bit of it. I finnaly jumped into the tree house, did a handstand, flipped over and... What! It ended!?
Of course I went out and bought the game and loved it all the way through. India...wow! South pacific...wow. Wish they would go back to that:).

XanderD2
1st Oct 2003, 14:47
1: TR3
2: TR1
3: TR2
4: TRLR
5: TRC
6: AOD

'nuff said.

Johnny
1st Oct 2003, 21:01
My ranking:

1 - TRAOD
2 - TRLR
3 - TRII
4 - TRI
5 - TRIII
6 - TRC

I don't understand why so many people heartily disliked AOD. I thoroughly enjoyed Lara's new role as a detective in Paris. To be honest, raiding tombs was starting to bore me, and I was up for the change AOD offered.

Tomb Raider Fan
28th Oct 2003, 11:55
Yeah i agree...It was time for a change and AOD gave us that change

ZXcorr
2nd Nov 2003, 07:10
Tomb Raider II: Starring Lara Croft
> This is my first Tomb Raider game! Love it! :D

and...

Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
> I like it! Mansion again, better graphics, more levels, ... ;) :p

pharos
29th Nov 2003, 01:52
hi..my name is mohammed ...from EGYPT......i have a story ..written in english..that can be made as an interisting game....anyone knows who can i contact to help me to make my dream true

Kurtis Croft
25th Dec 2003, 23:12
TRAOS! Cool!!

LisaB1962
31st Dec 2003, 05:32
I voted TR3 for the variety in locale, enemies and toys (I will always miss the Desert Eagle) and the added moves. *Finally* she can crawl! The monkey swing was nice, but somewhat unrealistic in the amount of hangtime allowed. That was a nice addition in AOD.

TR2 would be my second choice. The final levels in Nepal and China really kick a** and make up for the entire Venice ho-hum.

The problem with AOD was the lack of progressively more difficult levels and enemies and the absence of secrets. Why are we still battling SKELETONS in the second to last level? Also, some of the design wasn't fully fleshed out. She's collecting all this money, but it never *really* becomes a big factor in the game.

I'm looking forward to the next installment and hope they build on successes and avoid the failures.

Ishtar
2nd Jan 2004, 20:44
i voted 4 Tr3.That's was my first Tr,so probably that's why is my favourite..;) ..btw,i'm new here,so hello everybody...

baylisst
5th Jan 2004, 17:02
1= TR1
1= TR4
3 TR2
4 TR3
5 TR5
6 TRAOD

this doesnt mean i dont like the lower TRs (eg i loved TR3), i just liked the higher placed ones even more, cause theyre SO good:D

i liked TR1 + 4 most probably because it was a lot more MENTALLY challenging than the others, whereas i felt they lacked in that area and concerntrated more on blasting people + animals + other random stuff to smithereens (plus i liked the exploding Atlanteans)

VMan
7th Jan 2004, 04:37
I didn't realize I could vote for more than one until after I actually voted:(

But love the Tomb Raider series in this order:

1: Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

2: Tomb Raider 1/Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness -- I'm really having such a tough time deciding. In fact, I had a hard time putting the Last Revelation over these two. Its very hard for me to decide right now. So I'm just gonna consider them a tie right now.

3: Tomb Raider II

4: Tomb Raider Chronicles

5: Tomb Raider III

D3v1L80Y
25th Jan 2004, 15:23
If I had to choose one and only one, it would be Last Revelation. I liked the fact that even though it took place entirely in Egypt, the locations and TOMBS all had their own flare, making each one unique. The graphics were amazinigly beautiful considering the technology available (for me, PSOne) at the time the game was released. It was also the most complex and involved game in the series. I have played all of them countless times, but I will probably never get tired of playing TR:LR.

Kurtis Trent
14th Feb 2004, 02:57
Tomb Raider 2..........puzzles are awesomely clever

AnUbIs985
8th Apr 2004, 13:49
So I randomly vote 4 TRAOD+TRLR In tr4,I loved the valley of the kings&kv5 driving the jeep and running over the enemies was sooo fun:)I chose traod-well, no special reason:D I just enjoyed playing it

Black Angel
8th Apr 2004, 19:40
My favorite Level of all time had to be the Crash Site level in Tomb Raider III. I liked the T-Rex in that level, and it was arguably the most fun to toy around with. In fact do you know that if you don't make any voluntary movements, the AI will simply sniff you a couple of times and leave you alone and move until you make some sort of movement, at which point it will come back onscreen and repeat the process. It was so fun.

However, I have a question. I believe that I own all of the Tomb Raider games released for the Playstation and the Playstation Two, but are the Gold Versions of Tomb Raider I, Tomb Raider II, and Tomb Raider III only available on the PC?

AnUbIs985
9th Apr 2004, 07:03
Originally posted by Black Angel
However, I have a question. I believe that I own all of the Tomb Raider games released for the Playstation and the Playstation Two, but are the Gold Versions of Tomb Raider I, Tomb Raider II, and Tomb Raider III only available on the PC?
Yep

brent6980
10th Apr 2004, 16:25
My order:

1. TR2:SLC-China, Italy, Sunken Ship, Tibet...all the best.

2. TR:TLR-Egypt...THE place to raid tombs.

3. TR-Peru, Rome, Egypt, Atlantis...A variety of good places to raid tombs...Plus, gotta give props to the game that started it all.

4. TR3:AOLC-India, London, South Pacific, Nevada, Antarctica...Once again a good variety of locations to raid

5. TRC-Great game, but much too short.

In all fairness, have not played TRG:UB, TR2G:GM, TR:TLA, or TR:AOD.

Where can I get the the Gold versions at a good price?

brent6980

brent6980
10th Apr 2004, 16:42
Originally posted by Black Angel

Originally posted by AnUbIs985
Yep

Here was my idea long ago:

Tomb Raider: Golden Legacy (http://www.geocities.com/brent6980/tomb_raider/ideas.html)

Remember, at the time, there was only the one TR adventure for Nintendo Gameboy (Color, I think)

brent6980

Steph Croft
11th Apr 2004, 21:52
The Last Revelation no contest for me!!!

Flame_Princess134
28th Apr 2004, 10:17
I admit I haven't played all the games but I love the storyline in AOD. That has to be my favourite, until I get all the games...which would mean having money...which I don't have...

Tipsko
4th May 2004, 11:39
I can't believe that TR1 has such a few votes!

CatSuit&Ponytail
11th May 2004, 11:18
Originally posted by Tipsko
I can't believe that TR1 has so few votes!

Take into account that most of the new users haven't been alive that long, and those that have been, have only been on a computer since perhaps Windows98....maybe even Millenium. The new users are judging it by today's standards of graphics, and don't even try to play it, what with the very installation being something of an adventure.

It will be always a classic now, but fewer and fewer people here will have actually played it, so it can't keep getting the popular vote. Feel old, Tipsko, hehehe. ;)

AnUbIs985
13th May 2004, 08:59
I've played TR1...Nice game but couldn't appreciate it at that time cuz I was 10...I'm starting to feel old as well!
*Drops her dentures out of her mouth(Oh NO! nOT AGAIN!')*

Invincible
1st Jun 2004, 02:11
Originally posted by AnUbIs985
...I'm starting to feel old as well!
*Drops her dentures out of her mouth(Oh NO! nOT AGAIN!')*

So U'r 18 and call9ng yourself an 0ld bag.HAHAHA.Good 1 Anubis,I feel sorry for ya.
Anywho,I'll have to go with Chronicles,THEN Adventures with Lara Croft,Revelation,Angel,TR,TR2.
Gold ones:Lost Artifact,TRGold(Haven't played it but I'm sure ANYTING is better then TR2 Gold,that's fo' so!!),Times Level in Revelation. :D

coraline
4th Jun 2004, 07:25
Tomb Raider 4 :cool: Although Tomb Raider 3 is equally great, due to the variety of locations and adventures. I love it because you have to fight four separate bosses :)

Deckard
28th Jun 2004, 17:24
... how evenly distributed the votes are? Of course most people posting here are "fans" of the series but anyway: what about the theory that the quality games has been decreasing from episode from episode? It doesn't seem to apply here, does it? The fans seem to be quite happy with the development of the games series. Makes me think (again) about those "reviewers". Bah. Oh, BTW I voted TRLR :D :D :D .

littlelara1
13th Jul 2004, 21:21
:D i had to vote for TR4 AND TR5 my reason being is that i'm still trying to finish them 2 years after buying them, they're soooo hard to do. i finished TR AOD in 3 weeks which really dissappointed me as i love a challenge. non the less i still looooove TR so i hope the next TR will be as graphically good as TRAOD but as hard as the previous TR'S.:cool:

Alti
18th Jul 2004, 02:28
It was hard for me to decide which game I liked best.
I picked Tomb Raider 2. The storyline was great! I loved being chased by the screaming Yetis and the Monastery was fun to play.
I haven't played TR Gold or Unfinished business, because I can't play games on my computer. It would be cool if Eidos decides to redo the computer games for PS2.

EverGreen
22nd Jul 2004, 08:17
I have cute memories from the original game because it was my first one, but The Last Revelation is my best!! After two episodes (or four, including the gold editions), Lara decided to raid the tombs again!

Panoulis
24th Jul 2004, 11:50
TR1: Never Played It...
TR2: Too boring...
TR3: ABSOLUTE Tomb Raider... (Voted) :D
TR4: Good but still something was missing...
TRC: Good but short...
TRAOD: Nice Graphs, Good Plot, Numerous Bugs... (Voted) :D

As for the three expansions... i can't really say a thing because they are the same as the TRs they expanded... I can't quite figure out why expansions and not two-CD games where released in higher prices...:confused:

-EDIT-

Actually i found out what was missing from TR4... I never felt good for finishing this game... Didn't like the end...

mrgrim747
24th Jul 2004, 14:32
It has to be

TR2
TR1
TR3
TR:AOL
TR:TLR
TR:C

TR2- Lara suddenly became more athletic, aesthetic, she was now scripted by the definitive Vicky Arnold, and voiced by Judith Gibbins -the TR1 girl was okay, but TR2 and 3's was funnier and more demure.

Whoever does the voice of Lara for TLR, Chronicles and AOL simply sounded petulant and she had a secret lisp >:/

TR2 also had awesome levels, save for the underwater levels going on maybe a Living Quarters and Thousand Fathoms too long. Once you reach the beautiful Cian levels though, the journey is worth it.

TR1 is great for the whole innocence aspect, remeber wetting yourself when the T-rex appeared? I could only stare and be eaten. Or finding out Natla used to rule Atlantis?

TR3 had the best script, several laugh out loud moments, a feisty and sophisticated Lara, great levels (save for London) and a Scottish villain! She even mentions The Fly!

TR AOL had some great bits (the Samitarium, Hall Of Seasons) and innovations (let's chat), but the controls were awkward and the villains uninspiring.

TR TLR, was okay, but not enough variety of location. In the end the City of the Dead levels drove me mad, I actually never completed the damn game. Plus the new saving system ment I saved before inbescapable death THREE times. That's 3 restarts!

TR Chronicles, the first level was okay, and the sub was alright, but Ireland and the Tower block just weren't on. BORING.

susan
18th Aug 2004, 21:08
It's hard to split TR 3, 4 and 2 because they're so similar really and all nice in their own way, but TR3 is the one I always have time for. It has loads and loads of exploration, interesting locations (from Antartica to the London Underground), lots of secrets, well thought out baddies and opponents, excellent script and acting by everyone - especially Judith, and it's a good length too.

TR1 is showing it's age now (I just replayed it again last week), but it has a cleverness to the way the puzzles, environments, scenery, music and enemies in each level all fit together which is amazing. It feels like really smart people put this one together with a lot of care .

AoD I wasn't impressed with. It's looks great - Lara and the scenery - but the puzzles are weak and because of constant re-loading the level design is poor. Even without the problems of poor control and buggy system this is a mediocre game imo.

My final order: TR3, TR4, TR2/TR1, TR5, AoD.

Mr Sinister
2nd Jan 2005, 10:08
TR2 is and always will be the BEST TR game.

AOD was CRAP and the very reason Core lost the rights to Tomb Raider.

Good Job i say.

Old Guy
13th Feb 2005, 20:43
The only one I've been able to play, TR3.

Chris Daly
18th Mar 2005, 03:36
Here are my opinions

TR1 still is a great game and for 1996 was a credit to its designers!
TR2 the most technically challenging game, last parts in China are very good
TR3 very good
TR4 great story challenging and wonderful scenery
TR5 OK submarine section was good
TR6 AOD very difficult control of character PS2,no variation available
of control logic - inexcusable considering the previous TR games,
linear story, crashes annoyingly.

if i had to put them in order I would go Tr4 TR1 TR2 TR3 TR5 and AOD

The best control logic was TR3 , 4 and 5. If you dont mind the character
moving slowly TR1 is also very good. TR2 control logic was OK but
limited for the scenery available- in grabbing walls not being able to
go round corners, it at the same time interestingly had the best technical challenges.

Cheers / Chris

WraithStar
18th Apr 2005, 17:37
I voted for TR3 because India and South Pacific are my favorite level sets. I love the pretty environments:D

TR1-Was very good. I liked it a lot.
TR2-Also very good.
TR3-Also very good (I voted for it because of the scenery)
TR4-It was a decent game but parts of it were drawn out (why did I have to back-track to a previous level just to get a darn beetle?)
TR5-I liked the level in Ireland because the environment was pretty and it was a nice change to have a purely-athletic level with no weapons. The other level sets were nice too but the very last level was incredibly buggy:(
TR6-I liked it on its own as a normal game (it was worth the bargin-bin price I paid for it). As a tomb raider game, it had so much potential and didn't deliver. I didn't like Lara's new look or attitude. The controls were awkward and the only pretty environment I can think of was the garden towards the end. I played it with both patches applied and I didn't experience any real bugs or glitches.

As far as the expansion packs go, I've only played the expansion pack for TR1 and it was fun but I was at least expecting an ending animation or something (unless it just didn't work on my computer:p).

KasigiYabuSama
3rd May 2005, 23:02
Call me a sentimental sap, but TRI will always be #1 with me in every respect. The graphics now seem primitive (until you go back and play through a couple of levels, at which point you no longer notice,) but the music does some strange things to my synapses that's an awful lot like homesickness. And you just can't top the way the predatory animals (lions, gorillas, wolves, even the Atlanteans,) all start that little "frolic" dance whenever they sense Lara's presence - a riot!

I really miss her battles against wild animals and hope they bring them back for Legend - they're less predictable in their behavior than baddies with guns, and they have to get up close and personal to damage you (rather than just shooting you anonymously from across the room,) which always ratchets up the panic factor, at least for me.

The games follow a slightly descending order for II and III. II seemed like an extension of the debut. Again, the music wove an irresistible, addicting web, and the shift to more "outdoors" activities - the sound of the wind that you could almost feel - gives a sense of "happy solitude," as the Rush song goes... I still think TRII had the best menu setup for weapons, tools and items of all the games so far. That "three level wheel" setup was simple to access with a minimum of clicks, it was graphically appealing and easily inventoried. Or was that the menu in TRIII? Jeez, I can't remember. Given the fact that AOD has once again crashed into my graphics card (more on that in a minute,) and I'm stalled at the moment, I may just have to go back and see...

I think I liked TRIII least of all thus far, despite the improvements in graphics, vehicles and elaborateness. For me it was far too "industrial" with no letup, and I got the sense at several points during play that the designers were running out of interesting ideas and just going through the motions - like it was soulless, if that makes any sense.

Last Revelation was a nice withdrawal from trying to make TR into a different (i.e., industrial shoot-'em-up,) game and a refreshing return to the great outdoors and raiding tombs - though I too hated the entire set of Cairo levels which were needlessly confusing and frustrating rather than challenging. Note to TR design team: Please don't make me traverse back and forth between past levels and present ones - "been there, done that" is a concept to live by.

Call me out-to-lunch, but I skipped over Chronicles because I'd heard it was too short - so I have a late purchase coming in the mail as I write this (had to get it from Ebay 'cause no one else has it.) I'm nearly finished with AOD - pending another horrific bug-workthrough, something called "D3D_Create_Device" - so Chronicles is next!

AOD has been a great game undercut by a multitude of serious bugs. I could handle the occasional graphics spaz-out like in the early games where recently-slain foes would lounge peacefully in mid-air off the edges of rocks and bridges, and even AOD's music-box-dancer pirouette on stairs. But when a game causes me to have to spend literally weeks doing extensive online research into the engineering specifications of my sound card, my video card, and the exciting inner workings of something called "Direct X," the concept of "fun" has been long since replaced with an overwhelming desire to fire-bomb my PC and never venture beyond checkers ever again. Not the desired result. And we won't even go into the horribly mucked-up controls.

That rant aside, AOD was a near-perfect mix of urban/industrial settings and arcana and storytelling; its graphics, music and visual production were all awesome.

The only other general comment is to agree with something Mrgrim posted earlier: They need to get back the original voice actor (Judith Gibbins) for LC. By AOD her voice has morphed into the artificially hard, masculine drone of a drill sergeant or the forced puffiness of a self-conscious politician. It's OK for Lara to be feminine IMO, seeing that she's a female character and all - and the subtle, understated strength of the original Lara kicks the butt of the strained, unnatural husk of the AOD character effortlessly.
:cool:

[Brevity! Oyeah! I never remember...]

Sophia Leigh
4th May 2005, 00:21
Hi KasigiYabuSama, good luck with playing Chronicles and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

KasigiYabuSama
4th May 2005, 00:31
Thanks Mum - I'm hoping it will keep me busy right up to the point of Legend's release. Tinkering with the level editor sounds like it could be fun too - but having to become a de facto computer engineer just to get through AOD has soured me on tinkering for the moment. I'm still in limbo on the "D3D_Create_Device" error - I can't even get into the game any more.

SethKoopa
10th May 2005, 16:53
I don't want Judith Gibbins back. Though I must say, that the original voice actor was worse. She was awful! She had no sense of acting; she just talked, she had no feel of what Lara was saying. Compared to her, Judith Gibbins was quite good, but the present-day Lara is way better.

Anyhow, my favourite game is The Last revelation. It was so wonderfully different from the previous Tomb raiders, and I have always been fascinated by Egyptian mythology, especially Set and Anubis. Though I should say that Set was originally the god of the winds and the sand storms. He was made 'evil' when the worshippin of Osiris and Horus became popular. Don't think corruption and bending a belief system to one's conveniences is something recent - humans have always been doing it. Anyhow, I particularly loved Set in The last revelation. Don't ask me why, if you can help it.

doomraider
22nd Jul 2005, 12:46
* only vote to Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation
==============================================
I LOVE ANCIENTs

TR1 : i have not orginal CD
TR2 : i have not orginal CD
TR3 : very best background music all through game (finished in 1.5 month)
*TRTLR : i love it so much (finished in 13 :eek: month)
TRC : very very short (finished in 1 month)
TRAOD : i don't like it...

i have qustion, Did you know anything about persepolis ancient?
PERSEPOLIS IS OLD GREAT ANCIENT FROM IRAN and i love Tomb Raider for ancient... :cool:

Godfather
29th Jul 2005, 22:11
I'm one of those guys who wants to have as many Tomb Raider-games as possible. The ones I have right now are:

TRI and TRI: UB
TRII and TRII: TGM
TRIII and TRIII: TLA
TRIV: The Times - Exclusive Tomb Raider-level
TRIV: The Last Revelation
TRV: Chronicles
TRAOD

To me the first one is still the best. The first introduction of Lara Croft, Jacqueline Natla (the very best villain of the entire TR-saga), Larson (so funny) and Pierre. The incredibly beautiful music and scenery. The creepy atmosphere of danger lurking behind every corner and being all alone in a Godforsaken place in the middle of nowhere ..... I LOVE IT!! :D

Even though the action in TRII .... the gameplay in TRIII ...... the story and booby traps in TRIV ..... the flashbacks in TRV and the graphics in TRAOD are all very, very, very, very, very interesting ...................... Tomb Raider 1 is the single most complete Tomb Raider-game ever made and thé single most important videogame of all times as well! :thumbsup:

Bye for now

foxybunny
25th Aug 2005, 21:36
Definately TombRaider 1. :rolleyes:

I don't like playing games on my 'puter and i don't have any PC TombRaider games, are the gold editions going to b released for the playstation 2?

Sophia Leigh
26th Aug 2005, 01:53
Definately TombRaider 1. :rolleyes:

I don't like playing games on my 'puter and i don't have any PC TombRaider games, are the gold editions going to b released for the playstation 2?

I seriously doubt it. :(

I prefer PS too, but PC isn't that bad and the graphics are better too :thumbsup: .

jimmie66666
8th Sep 2005, 02:35
Tomb Raider II by far is the greatest tomb raider game.

TR III was really a dissapointment for me, i didnt like it. It was, well....boring. Nothing much happened. I mean, every stage was so quiet it was like Lara was the only surviving human on a planet over run by monkeys.
And lets not forget how frustrating it was to save the game, crystals??? that ruined the game for me more then anything else.
This game annoyed me, as i progressed through it i recieved these cravings- i needed to kill someone but their was never anyone in sight. So lonley...wanst fun for me. Were have all the bad people gone?? killing animals is ok but their is such a thing as overkill.

Kwazak
27th Sep 2005, 03:08
If Tomb Raider 2 wasnt out of stock in the old Dixtons and I didnt buy Tomb Raider 3 as the first TR game for me I wouldn't be the fan I am now. TR3 is by far the best. I didnt like TR2 that much and AOD is bad because of the controlls mainly and I dont like change.

My list goes:

1.TR3 (amazing atmosphere and the first tr I ever played)
2.TR3LA (beautiful levels and that lovley lockness monster)
3.TR2Gold (I brought that from WHSmiths for £5 but it dissapeared somewhere in my house, I played it but never completed it)
4.TRChronicels (the levels were fun)
5.TR1 (turning to gold)
6.TRLR (only because of the last level boss fight, apart from that I didnt really like the game)
7.TR2 (didnt like the atmosphere)
8.AOD (too much changed, im old fashioned!)
9.TrGold (never played it, have no opinion)

Stuntbabe X
12th Oct 2005, 21:58
I loved the old school TR1 because its a classic. Gotta love that first time seeing the Trex come out. Run lara RUN! :D

GeorgeMaciver
12th Oct 2005, 23:40
Hmmm, maybe Raiders will be reliving that moment again shortly.

:D

T-Bird
5th Nov 2005, 20:29
u mean to tell me AOD is still on this earth? :confused:

SethKoopa
6th Nov 2005, 00:22
Tomb Raider II by far is the greatest tomb raider game.

TR III was really a dissapointment for me, i didnt like it. It was, well....boring. Nothing much happened. I mean, every stage was so quiet it was like Lara was the only surviving human on a planet over run by monkeys.
And lets not forget how frustrating it was to save the game, crystals??? that ruined the game for me more then anything else.
This game annoyed me, as i progressed through it i recieved these cravings- i needed to kill someone but their was never anyone in sight. So lonley...wanst fun for me. Were have all the bad people gone?? killing animals is ok but their is such a thing as overkill.

Pardon me if I'm incorrect, but it sounds to me like you haven't passed the India levels, which, givenly, are a bit empty. But the following levels feature lots of enemies in places. Not in exaggerated numbers like in TRII but a fair amount nonetheless. Getting into TRIII is tough, I admit - it took me 2-3 years! But it's not at all an 'empty' game.

FruitofEden
6th Nov 2005, 18:14
1. AOD!!! I liked this game very much, a nice change to the series, loved the
'darker' Lara and storyline. I think the story was the best that TR has
ever seen. :D and I loved the characters like Karel, Kurtis and even
Eckhardt. I loved that they pick Joss Ackland? to do Eckhardt's voice.
2. TR: LR I just loved the puzzles and the better graphics? new look and that we
were in the Great Library? and stuff like that. it is the best of the
classics, imo.
3. TR2 First one I played. Just good story I think and enjoyed the levels.

4. TR3 It looked really nice and had a few cool levels like Area 51 and the
Crash Site. It was just more difficult to beat, imo.
5. TR1 Played this before LR. I didnt like the layout, sometimes I didnt know
where I was; I could have sworn there was no intro with the level's
name on screen.
6. TR:C Big disappointment, imo. They didnt pick up after Lara's death in LR

Sophia Leigh
7th Nov 2005, 05:19

Thats exactly why my husband quit playing Tomb Raider! We used to play together taking turns, he loved TR1 & TR2 but when we bought TR3 he played the first level with me and that was it, I played the rest of that game by myself (and the following games). Even though you can save game anywhere in the later games, he still won't touch them and says TR3 ruined it for him :(

TR3 was far from boring though, it was an excellent game, I kind of wish that I had played it on PC though - maybe then it wouldn't have taken me years to complete. I'm still in recovery from playing it, even though its almost a year since finally completing it. I want to go back and play it on PC - one day :D

ladylinnycroft
29th Nov 2005, 12:54
definately TR1 as my top choice..it introduced me to Lara..

Tr1
TR5
Tr2
TRLR
AOD
TR3

LCTR:AoD
29th Dec 2005, 13:19
The first game I played was a demo of TR3: took me 11 months to get through it, and I enjoyed every bit of it. I finnaly jumped into the tree house, did a handstand, flipped over and... What! It ended!?
Of course I went out and bought the game and loved it all the way through. India...wow! South pacific...wow. Wish they would go back to that:).

Wht treehouse wht level was the demo just curios

LCTR:AoD
29th Dec 2005, 13:22
Mine was

AOD
TR1
TR2
TR5
TR3
TR4
TR4LE
TR5LE

star girl
7th Jan 2006, 17:49
TR 3 and AOD, cuz the only stuff i've played :o

psylocke
13th Jan 2006, 23:23
Mine is probably TR3.It really blew me away when i first played it.but tombraider 1 was the first game i played and it will always have somwhere special with me :D

Least fave was AoD,the controls ruined it for me :( I Thought lara looked well tho :)

gingerspice+tombobsessed
27th Jan 2006, 16:11
I didn't know you could vote for more than one until after I voted but...I voted for Angel Of Darkness. I guess because it was my first tomb raider game...I've never even played any of the other ones but I'm going to. But yes, AOD is DEFENITELY a good game! :D

WraithStar
27th Jan 2006, 19:28
Wht treehouse wht level was the demo just curios

The demo is here: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr3/demo.html It's the first level of South Pacific, called Coastal Village.

Incidentally, a friend said he's going to lend me his PlayStation (if it works) so I went to the mall yesterday and got some PlayStation games, including TR1, TR2, and TR3. I noticed that the TR2 disc had two versions, red and black, and the TR3 disc came in green or blue. (I got the red TR2 and the green TR3 because they were in better condition). Is there any difference between the colors? (And I fully intend to use cheat codes on the PS version of TR3 whenever I need to;) There's no way I'd be able to handle the save-point system.)

graphic_designer
5th Feb 2006, 00:22
Aod for me it did have weird controls but i got used to them it was more realistic for me and being able to punch and kick them was great :rolleyes:

xac
16th Feb 2006, 02:50
1. TR: LR is my favorite because of the feeling the game gave me because i was alone in a tomb that no one had set foot in for millenia. it wasn't a feeling of fear, but rather a feeling that in order to venture to a place like this Lara Croft must be a really, really cool customer, and very confident and brave.

2. TR: Chronicles is my second favorite game. A couple new moves were introduced that varied from cool but ultimatly cosmetic, having no use other than coolness (the mantle/handstand), the essential (the swinging-around-the-pole routine) and the tactically optional (the ability to summersault out of crawlspaces). The level of bugginess detracted from the game experience for me.

3:TR:3 is my third favorite, although i only played through the India levels and part of Area 51.

4. TR 1 is my fourth favorite just because it was the first tomb raider. I unfortunately haven't been able to play this game due to its antiquity and eagerly await CD/Eidos releasing a revamped edition with modern graphics (and maybe modern moves).

Sophia Leigh
16th Feb 2006, 06:26
Hi Xac, TR1 works great, just download some patches from here: http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tr1.html

xac
17th Feb 2006, 02:01
Hi Xac, TR1 works great, just download some patches from here: http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tr1.html

Actually, I have tried to play TR1 using GLIDOS, VDM Sound, etc but the $10 key I bought for glidos woulden't unlock it.

I suppose you're right though. I guess I ought to start pursuing it again. *looks around for disks, can't find them, hits ebay*

__CRUZ__
4th Mar 2006, 23:54
The Last Revelation, it was the first Tomb Raider game I played to the end, I've finished it about 4 or 5 times now :eek: :D

dave1x
15th Mar 2006, 16:37
I voted for Tomb Raider 3,4 and AOD :D

In order it would go:

Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 4

I have always voted for TR3 when one of these polls comes up. I still think it is a great game and i think it is so original....Now that AOD has been added to the list i have voted for that as well because i think thats a great game as well!

I agree with you that TR3 is the best of them, but my choices would go in this order:

Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 1

I didn't like the transparency effect for the lara character in TR4 and TR5. Those also didn't have as many exotic locales as in TRs 1, 2, and 3 except for the Alexandria Levels in TR4.

dave1x
15th Mar 2006, 17:32
...India...wow! South pacific...wow. Wish they would go back to that:).
I fully agree with you.:)

WraithStar
15th Mar 2006, 18:00
Yeah, India and South Pacific are my favorite level sets out of the entire series:)

GeorgeMaciver
15th Mar 2006, 19:44
I think the histogram at the start is a little misleading. A casual glance would lead folks to think that the gold levels are not popular :( In actual fact, I absolutely LOVED all the gold levels. I think also a lot of voters may not have played the gold levels either as they were never released for any platform other than PC.

Not dissing the results, not at all! Just putting things into perspective. Nightmare in Vegas is still one of my favourite TR levels :)

Sophia Leigh
16th Mar 2006, 00:41
I think the histogram at the start is a little misleading. A casual glance would lead folks to think that the gold levels are not popular :( In actual fact, I absolutely LOVED all the gold levels. I think also a lot of voters may not have played the gold levels either as they were never released for any platform other than PC.

Not dissing the results, not at all! Just putting things into perspective. Nightmare in Vegas is still one of my favourite TR levels :)

An excellent point George, TR5 is still my favourite, but when I originally voted, I had not yet played the gold levels as I originally played the main 6 games on playstation. I can now only agree with you that all three gold levels were brilliant :thumbsup:

XoXSarahXoX
22nd Mar 2006, 01:12
SEE EIDOS, AOD is quite popular!!! :D I think it HAS great potential, just add some more tombs and I'm sure everybody will be happy, lol.

My order so far...

1) AOD
2) The Last Revelation
3) Tomb Raider II
4) Tomb Raider III
5) Tomb Raider 1
6) Tomb Raider Chronicles

But I'm sure Legend and AOD will hold the #1 spot for me. As a tie.