PDA

View Full Version : Action Figures

Ductonius
19th Aug 2003, 02:39
I have noticed that a good number of comic books and a few games have merchandise in the form of high detail action figures of characters.

What I'm talking about are those action figures you find at comic shops that are sculpted in high detail and come with dozens of pieces.

I dont know about anyone else, but I find many of these items very cool and intrigueing even though I'm not a fan of the series/comic/game they are from.

If it were reasonably priced would you buy a DX or DX:IW action figure?

Trevion
20th Aug 2003, 00:46
Voted no. In fairness, though, I don't buy WCIII or comic book action figures, either.

Loophole
20th Aug 2003, 15:39
Buy The Deus EX Action Figure, No
Buy The Deus Ex BB Hand Gun, YES!!!!

Zombi Z
20th Aug 2003, 23:54
Hmm, sorry to see this hasn't been more thoroughly visited.

I think proper immersion involves merchandise and good fan fiction. An action figure? Yes, I'm kind of sitting in my corner hoping for a red-haired female Alex (refer to newest trailer) myself. Just stay away from the light-up eyes, and make her less like Rare's newer Joanna Dark renders.

I'm assuming McFarlane Toys would be doing the honors?

Lawnboy360
21st Aug 2003, 00:26
red-haired female Alex (refer to newest trailer)

That was not Alex, as discussed in the trailer thread.

Zombi Z
21st Aug 2003, 00:40
Originally posted by Lawnboy360
That was not Alex, as discussed in the trailer thread.

Sorry, I'm just now making my daily rounds.

Dang. That seemed like a fine Alex to go about punching through concrete pillars (nevermind) and making superhuman jumps to me. Though it is a relief as well. I'm holding out for the original blue-tinted augImsorrybiomods lighting.

dirigimaster
21st Aug 2003, 08:19
Originally posted by Loophole
Buy The Deus EX Action Figure, No
Buy The Deus Ex BB Hand Gun, YES!!!!

Only if I can buy an empty bag with toy nanites in it

mikepayne666
26th Aug 2003, 19:27
dude id buy everyone of em!!

agent008
28th Aug 2003, 18:14
lol hell no i would not buy a damn action figure for this game

Pentti
28th Aug 2003, 19:41
I don't think I'd buy... Got something else to spend my money on.

agent008
28th Aug 2003, 19:46
and what would that be?

Skul-Gun
29th Aug 2003, 00:56
i don't buy action figures.

ps. mikepayne, same guy from postal 2 forums?

Pentti
4th Sep 2003, 20:31
New headphones is something that I'm going to buy (Sennheiser 500) costs: about 80€.
New mp3 cd player (Verbatim) costs: about 100€.
New mobile phone (Nokia) costs: about 100-200€

And I'm low on cash because I just bought this new computer:
2600MHz, radeon 9600, 512 ram, burning cd/rw drive and all this fancy stuff... about 600€

And, I'm not interested in action figures.

mikepayne666
4th Sep 2003, 22:02
Originally posted by Skul-Gun

postal 2?
dude somone else has my name!!! ill kill him, can i have a link?!?!?

mikepayne666
4th Sep 2003, 22:04
Originally posted by Skul-Gun

also id only buy, Jc if i had extra cash laying around, after i thought about it, it was dumb

sackme
8th Sep 2003, 12:19
i agree with agent 008 its a good game n all but action figures r sad.

Trollslayer
8th Sep 2003, 15:28
I don't think merchandise in the form of action figures actually helps imersion in a product. I already played and liked Final Fantasies even before action figures of the series existed (even before i knew they existed, as well). The only action figures from any game i ever bought were some Spawn collectibles and an Odin from FF8. And they weren' t because of the original product lines themselves, i only bought them because i appreciated their uniqueness as action figures. Back to the matter at hand i doubt i'd buy any other action-figure (unless of course a very well made version of Kain, from LoK fame), but that would be it. I just don't associate the action figures with the main product itself. I doubt i'd pay more or less attention if DX1 had a toy line. And i also doubt players will be more interested in DX:IW because there would be a toy line of it. Somehow, the idea of a rubbery Alex, slightly larger than my hand, static, mute, with fixed expression, and limited moves doesn't appeal to me, neither makes me want to play DX:IW.

PhthaloType
18th Nov 2003, 06:59
I was gonna make a thread like this, so *bump*...

I would definately buy good quality DX action figures. I'm surprised there aren't at least resin model kits, I've seen them for more obscure titles.

A government security bot (bipedal with a machine gun, like on Liberty Island) would be cool, I've been thinking about scratchbuilding a model of one. It'd be challenging, but I'm a somewhat experienced model builder. I guess when I get my new computer I can pass the time until IW by taking a lot of reference screenshots of that bot.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
18th Nov 2003, 11:24
wow, trollslayer is back

Welcome back, Mister Trollslayer, we missed you...

I agree with Trollslayer, Action figures have nothing to do with a game.

though I don't care if they make one, as long as I don't HAVE TO buy one with the game

Random
18th Nov 2003, 11:57
No, Trollslayer just posted that 2 months ago. ;)

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
18th Nov 2003, 12:30
damn.

I should go to sleep (what? only 1:30 PM? to tired)

I knew it couldn't be true

PointlesS
19th Nov 2003, 08:29
I'd buy one and worship the thing

Jock
19th Nov 2003, 16:07
What about a chicken/seagull DNA changing kit? Instant greasel? I would totaly buy one of those. Or release the stealth pistol (scilencer and nonn-scilenced versoions) or the original one. I would buy one. If it was real, it would kick ass. Same for assualt shotgun.

Scilent Bob
20th Nov 2003, 04:13
Is this an example of the the sad discussions you guys had 2 or three months ago.
I geuss that I would only buy the dx crowbar to make my dreams of desicrating bodies come true.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Nov 2003, 09:19
Originally posted by Scilent Bob
Is this an example of the the sad discussions you guys had 2 or three months ago.

yes, it was a good time

5 posts a day, no flamewars, no whining, but rather constructive discussions, with intelligent people.

ah, youngsters, today. it's not like good old time

sackme
21st Nov 2003, 13:31
pointless u sad demented child if ur gona by an AF keep it in its box n sell it at auction along with the rest of the set for loads of money

this person lowers my opion of many people :mad:

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Nov 2003, 13:38
I'm not sure he was completely serious. (I hope he was not, at least)