PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of kain defiance on PC or Gamecube?

Darkregion
7th Sep 2003, 19:59
Are there any furture plans or possibilites for this game to be ported on PC or gamecube?

Azazel
7th Sep 2003, 20:11
A PC port is announced (at least in the UK), I believe there are no plans for a NGC port.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Sep 2003, 21:09
From what I gather, because the GC version of BO2 didn't sell that well is why they're not porting it to the GC. That of course could change later on down the road.

Chris Mishima
7th Sep 2003, 23:10
Eidos officially announced that they won't be making ANYMORE games for the GC at all.

From IGN:
The GameCube is a declining business," said McGarvey, who added that traditionally Eidos has not invested heavily in Nintendo systems. "If other companies follow us, [Nintendo] will have a hard battle to fight."

So we won't ever see Defiance on GC.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Sep 2003, 23:39
I was not aware of that statement. Thanks for sharing, Chris! :)

fneh
8th Sep 2003, 12:02
Wow. I didn't know about that statement either.

I always thought BO2 didn't sell well on GC because eidos waited about 9 months before they ported it.

How can all these developers complain about lack of sales on the GC versions wen they release them so much later?:confused:

Stephenls
8th Sep 2003, 13:56
Originally posted by fneh
Wow. I didn't know about that statement either.

I always thought BO2 didn't sell well on GC because eidos waited about 9 months before they ported it.

How can all these developers complain about lack of sales on the GC versions wen they release them so much later?:confused:

Perhaps game development on the GC is awkward in some way, such that developers don't enjoy doing it and are looking for excuses to avoid it. Or maybe the proprietary mini-disc format of the games is difficult to manufacture.

I like Nintendo, but we don't have enough information to understand what's going on. Nor should we; it's not really our business what goes on behind the public faces of the companies. I doubt the developers who drop the GC do it just to be mean.

fneh
8th Sep 2003, 14:38
nintendo until recently demanded pretty huge royalties from companies in order to release a game on their console.

The mini discs they use are a big problem though. They can't store nearly as much information as PS2 and xbox dvds and cost more to make.

It's a shame cos the GC is a brilliant console. It just needs third party support from companies like square-enix and such.

blincoln
8th Sep 2003, 18:32
I agree. The Gamecube is a great system. It's too bad so many people have their minds set on it being a failure.

Dragonqueen
8th Sep 2003, 19:18
I've already pre-ordered my copy of LOKD for the PC from Gameplay. Yay!:D

MoonLight Spectre
9th Sep 2003, 18:01
Is there acrually any chance Defiance will be out on PC thought it wasn't announced...?

I've already pre-ordered my copy of LOKD for the PC from Gameplay. Yay!
wow, how is that possible?:rolleyes:

jasonxxx
9th Sep 2003, 18:14
hey i heard that x box bought the rights to the legacy of kain series is this true and if so what does this mean for the ps2 owners

Dragonqueen
9th Sep 2003, 18:41
Originally posted by MoonLight Spectre
Is there acrually any chance Defiance will be out on PC thought it wasn't announced...?

wow, how is that possible?:rolleyes:

I was given the option to pre-order LOKD from http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/genre_drill.asp?keyword=defiance&platform=ALL&x=49&y=13! :D

Sayel
9th Sep 2003, 18:46
I'd never trust things easily I hear, until I checked them myself.

And as for the exclusive right for XBox, I find this is just pure speculation.
Games sell well on the PS2, Defiance already got very good ratings. I see no reason why Eidos should do this. They would just piss thousands of people.

GothicRaziel2003
9th Sep 2003, 19:18
well, hello everyone i'm a new user of this forum, if my english is bad i'm so sorry, please tell me the errors i have, well, i'm veryu interesting in a PC version of Defiance, but in the page of the game don't tell anithing about some release in PC, someone of you can tell me if this game will be released in PC? thanks for your attencion and i'll be here soon to chat with someone about this theme. good luck. bye

blincoln
9th Sep 2003, 19:22
It's just a persistent rumour from XBox fanboys, I think. The game is being developed simultaneously on both consoles.

blincoln
9th Sep 2003, 19:31
It looks like it will, but there hasn't been a date set yet.

xarax
9th Sep 2003, 21:13
Originally posted by blincoln
I agree. The Gamecube is a great system. It's too bad so many people have their minds set on it being a failure.

Especially Nintendo wants it to fail. Huge royalties and other predatory practices are just begging for failure.