PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

Likin
7th Sep 2003, 04:06
I was just thinking that with the first SR one of the coolist things was that after you killed a vampier you could either take his soul or you could pull the weapon out and fight him all over again. I thought this was cool. Also when you would try and throw the weapon at an enemy and missed the weapon would stick in the wall. Both of these were not in SR2 i dont think. Just wondering if this is going to be in the new game.

Stephenls
7th Sep 2003, 04:28
Originally posted by Likin
I was just thinking that with the first SR one of the coolist things was that after you killed a vampier you could either take his soul or you could pull the weapon out and fight him all over again. I thought this was cool. Also when you would try and throw the weapon at an enemy and missed the weapon would stick in the wall. Both of these were not in SR2 i dont think. Just wondering if this is going to be in the new game.

Since in Defiance, neither Kain nor Raziel can use weapons other than their Reavers, I'm going to guess no.

Jeffers
7th Sep 2003, 11:09
Where does it say you can only use the reaver as the weapon?

I must have missed that bit if it is true.

Jeffers

fneh
7th Sep 2003, 11:15
It's been said MANY times by chris and other official sources.

It's been common knowledge since the earliest screens...

You might wanna look in the Q&A bit.....

Vampmaster
7th Sep 2003, 12:11
Well they could still make it so that the enemies revive if you don't finish them off. That was a cool bit.

Alastor
11th Sep 2003, 01:46
Totally. My most memorable moments of SR1 are the times I revisited past areas, and seeing bodies of dead vampires (burnt and impaled) scattered as far as the eye could see. I mean seriously people, I purposely avoided taking their souls because they always disappeared right after, and trust me, I left no vampire standing in that era. It felt soooo good I.... ? :confused: C'mon don't tell me I was the only one who did that. :mad:

first-born
11th Sep 2003, 02:13
every once in a while i did that because it was funny, and if i wanted a body somewhere it wasn't, i'd take the weapon out and lure them to where i wanted it to be, like interior designing in a chasm, but with bodies instead of furniture and such, and they said the bodies don't revive, which i too will miss.......

demonic_eye
11th Sep 2003, 18:43
I've been plaving SR1 today I must try that one! Have a 'how many bodies can you fit in one room?' competition or maybe I'll see how far they will actually follow me? It could be interresting.

For those of you wondering, I am a mentalist :D

It would be cool if they had something like reviving vampires in Defiance, but sadly I doubt it :(

warpsavant
12th Sep 2003, 17:25
You probably just need 1 reviving enemy. Sarafan Raziel has this ability, it may be possible to make every enemy in SR2 that way....

Camus Audron
12th Sep 2003, 18:18
well, the ability of reviving is purely vampiric, because they have already called their soul back to their body once, so they can do it again anytime if you dont eat their soul

So if "they"(and that is NOT the hylden XD, I mean CD) said no enemy revives, it must mean you dont fight normal vampire enemies.

Many people have wondered if Turel will appear in defiance, and if CD says you dont fight reviveable enemys, it must mean that if he IS there, you dont fight him in his own realm, because you'd forcefully have to fight turelim.if he does appear in defiance it will probably be as a time streamer....wouldnt that rule?

Personally I would like to play as Turel in some future time.

Likin
12th Sep 2003, 19:39
just wondering in this new LOK if Raziel will be abel to do any thing with his wings. I no that he cant fly, but something like jumping from real high almost like a sky diver then throwin his wings out to slow down. Just thought that would be kind of cool. If you no any thing about the subject please reply.

Stephenls
12th Sep 2003, 22:30
Originally posted by Likin
just wondering in this new LOK if Raziel will be abel to do any thing with his wings. I no that he cant fly, but something like jumping from real high almost like a sky diver then throwin his wings out to slow down. Just thought that would be kind of cool. If you no any thing about the subject please reply.

It looks like he'll be able to glide just like he did in the previous games. From one of the trailers, it actually looks to me like he'll be better at gliding than he's ever been before, but that could simply have been a camera trick.

Omega
13th Sep 2003, 01:18
Originally posted by fneh
It's been said MANY times by chris and other official sources.

It's been common knowledge since the earliest screens...

You might wanna look in the Q&A bit.....

He's been away though - leave him alone :)

first-born
13th Sep 2003, 06:59
i don't think i heard it from CD, so lets hope there are reviving enemies:D , i too am mental, and know how to get away with murder, haven't done it yet though.....