PDA

View Full Version : What lies beneath?

Gumdrop
7th Sep 2003, 00:08
I have not had the pleasure of playing many FM's for about a year now, and was hoping that atleast one or two of the newer titles have a good underground (caves... sewers... tombs) area in them. Any suggestions?

theBlackman
7th Sep 2003, 00:23
Originally posted by Gumdrop
I have not had the pleasure of playing many FM's for about a year now, and was hoping that atleast one or two of the newer titles have a good underground (caves... sewers... tombs) area in them. Any suggestions?

ROWENA'S CURSE. Excellent a little bit of everything.

Gumdrop
7th Sep 2003, 00:45
Good gawd squire! 'Tis Blackie alright... but what the ****ens is he doing swabbing at fan missions? Don't seem right to me... not right at all! :eek:

Thanks for the tip Blackie, it's just a shock to see you playing FM's. :)

theBlackman
7th Sep 2003, 01:05
Do still wring out the OM's, but have B-tested a few FM's and done some Voiceovers.

Like Clayman I am browsing through the FM's one at a time and slowly.

At the moment I am Caldera Cisterning. Have cleaned out the Blackmass party and am looking for a way to get to Calendras house. :D

moghedian
7th Sep 2003, 03:32
Originally posted by Gumdrop

The Komag contest 4 mission Careless Little Fly was mostly underground. It was a short, but cool, mission.

Gumdrop
12th Sep 2003, 22:06
Well, I enjoyed Rowena's Curse very much. I just did a search and realised I had the same trouble with this one as Peter as far as loot goes. Just managed to pass 8,500 loot on expert after a long haul, but my compliments to Lady Rowena for a well thaught out map that didn't bore. :)

Moghedian - Thanks for the tip, but I've already played all of the last contest entries. :)

Peter_Smith
13th Sep 2003, 01:32
Gummie, that loot problem in Rowena's Curse was fixed with Version 2. I beta tested that version. It is all there now. A loot list, compiled by yours truly, is posted at the cheap thief site.

If you want another great FM, try Ominous Bequest by Eshaktaar. It has superb architecture. It is chock full of tricky puzzles, a mind bending story, and great special effects. I would put that on the same plane as Rowenas Curse, maybe up or down a notch, depending on how much you like puzzles. The help thread at TTLG is going on 500 posts. :)

Komag
13th Sep 2003, 04:02
Ominous Bequest - great underground stuff going on there!