PDA

View Full Version : Website Layout: Feedback

Kamina
16th Jun 2012, 00:34
Post your thoughts and feedback concerning the Square Enix main website here in this thread.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely dispise the new site layout.*
They took away the groups!
THEY TOOK AWAY THE GROUPS! *

member_10824416
16th Jun 2012, 01:14
<sub>http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif I KNOW! wtf SEM what happened to you?!? D:</sub>

Grimoire
8th Oct 2012, 12:20
While I understand that promoting games developed in the West (like Quantum Conundrum and American Mensa Academy) by decorating the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS website with them has the higher priority, I would actually like to see (or rather prefer) a Japanese game from time to time, such as KINGDOM HEARTS 3D and THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY.

Gaialei_Strife
8th Oct 2012, 12:52
While I understand that promoting games developed in the West (like Quantum Conundrum and American Mensa Academy) by decorating the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS website with them has the higher priority, I would actually like to see (or rather prefer) a Japanese game from time to time, such as KINGDOM HEARTS 3D and THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY.

I second the notion

staragox
26th Apr 2013, 10:49
I been on the internet for 26 years, and I wasted more time on this website and trying to order items, then I did on any other website I been on, since websites were first created. Everything about it, just plain sucks and just is a shining example of incompetence. It sucks worst if you use any sort of common sense protection software like no-script in Firefox. With the website using 10 million different (slight exageration) other websites, instead of being competently designed on a server on their own domain. And not even using those websites in advance of an order, so you know to add them to no-script before the order is placed, but randomly spewing out new site addresses every click of your mouse.

Another shining example of incompetence is the customer support on this website. There is no phone number to call, to get immediate help, with placing an order. I'm trying to PAY YOU money, and I can't talk to a real person when I run into serious issues when placing an order, or trying to make an account (I have not even begun to explain all the headaches this site gave me when trying to register). Okay, fine, I can see a cheap company not having any phone support for orders, but Square-Enix is a fairly big company and they should provide it. My problem is that I ordered TWO copies of the same game, that was on sale. The money was already put on hold on my bank account (I used a Visa debit card, so I can check instantly if the transaction went thru), and the transaction is complete as far as my bank account is concerned. I did not receive an email with the Steam numbers. No where in my account does it say that I ordered the items. And I can't even tell if it should tell me in my account or not. In your account it has an idiot section called Registered Games? Another example of incompetence on this website. You have no clue as a new customer, if when you buy a game, if it will be listed on your account under there, or if that section is only for games where you physically, or thru the internet, "registered" the game? Like sent in the registration card that came in the box. It is a stupid and incompetent name for a section of the website that leads to nothing but confusion. There should be a part on the website under your account that is called "My Games" or something similiar, and it should have all the games you purchased along with their Steam numbers (if they have a Steam number).

And an additional problem I have, is I wanted to place orders for more games, BEFORE the current sale ends. But first I wanted to know if my first order worked or not, and if it didn't, then what went wrong. So I don't have the same problem on multiple orders.

Now I submitted a ticket for support, but only heaven knows when I will get a response. Given how incompetently designed this website is, I imagine they get a lot of tickets for support. There SHOULD be a freaking phone number to call for help with placing an order. I need immediate answers, so I can get the order placed, and place *additional* orders before the sale ends. Now I'm sitting here, totally pissed off, not knowing what the hell is going on and not knowing when I will get an answer. And I doubt they will give me the sale price on the other games I want to buy, if they take LONGER then the sale to get an answer to me. Nothing is more fun then dealing with a company that is not honorable enough to stand by their products (this website is their product and mistake). If they would stand by their mistake of a website, then they would give people the sale price if the sale ends, because of WAITING forever for them to respond to your ticket.

Grimoire
26th Apr 2013, 14:42
[MEMBERS REWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT (http://na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)]

[We are currently undergoing unification with the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site.

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe&rsquo;s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home).

Some features from our current Square Enix Members program, such as our Official Forums, will be migrated onto the new platform and expand in scope to include the many titles added to our product lineup over the last few years including DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, SLEEPING DOGS, TOMB RAIDER and more.]

mofrackey
10th Jun 2013, 17:45
This may be nitpickey, but I am a web designer myself and your floating sidebar while seems cool seems like your dev didn't test it. I know he did, and I know that he knows that even @ a 1920x 1080 resolution that I run the bottom links are cut off untill you scroll to the very bottom of the page. The attributr used in CSS is called Position:fixed; I am not a troll, its just bad design disable this and leave it static if I can't see the bottom at my resolution then anyone with a typivcal monitor resolution like 1280 x 720 " the majority according to google" can't view the sidebar untill they get to the bottom of the page, meaning no one is clicking those links unless they know what they are after, this is bad. As a suggestion, just make it fixed to the page and get rid of the CSS position:fixed; attribute completely, or make the sidebar smaller to fit a normal screensize; because, even in full HD it's cut off.

Grimoire
10th Jun 2013, 18:58
[MEMBERS REWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT (http://na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)]

[As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home).]

member_10683574
18th Jun 2013, 19:11
I don't use this website much. And to be honest, I have not logged into my account since 2010. I find the Square Enix website to be complex and difficult to navigate through. I try to log into the FFXIV beta forum with the same account information as my regular account and I kept being denied. I don't want to reset my password since I already did. Am I the only one?

If you are listening Squareenix, can you improve the website to be more user friendly and to be easier to navigate through. Thanks!

ThisMikeD
18th Jun 2013, 20:19
I don't use this website much. And to be honest, I have not logged into my account since 2010. I find the Square Enix website to be complex and difficult to navigate through. I try to log into the FFXIV beta forum with the same account information as my regular account and I kept being denied. I don't want to reset my password since I already did. Am I the only one?

If you are listening Squareenix, can you improve the website to be more user friendly and to be easier to navigate through. Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I use one log in for the FFXIV Beta stuff and then a completely different account for this site. Why are they not linked or the same one? Seems like they would be the same. Now when I go to purchase the game, which account do I register it too? Too confusing.

von-arc
18th Jun 2013, 21:25
im having the same issue.... i am unable to reg. my beta key to start testing of FFxiv.

I get an "invalid ID or password"
>.<

so i tried to create a NEW account but got the errot that my email was already being used.

ive opened a ticket with the support center (ticket number 2332990) saturday.
sunday i got an automated response that i would be reached out to in 48hrs.

... they have 2 hrs left to email me in a response to my request to meet the 48hr deadline THEY gave me.

-.-

member_10683574
18th Jun 2013, 21:26
I totally agree with you Michael and I think it's a serious problem. I almost registered a second account for the beta but I thought I'd ask here first and I'm glad I did.

My theory is that you would register the game with your original account and use the 2nd account you created here for just here? I'm not sure what effects that would have though. I really wish SquareEnix would keep the accounts unified as one. Now I wonder if other SquareEnix games have their own logins...

MrScaryTT
18th Jun 2013, 22:23
Yeah this **** is ridiculous! They pick you for a beta tester and then they don't let you do it. I finally got the game downloaded after 14 tries and now it says "undefined" and I can't click in the play button. This is just BS!!! Come on Square GET YOUR **** TOGETHER!!! Never buying a square game ever again.

MrScaryTT
18th Jun 2013, 22:25
What the hell is going on? Sounds like the same PC fiasco they 2 years ago.

ThisMikeD
19th Jun 2013, 12:45
Yeah this **** is ridiculous! They pick you for a beta tester and then they don't let you do it. I finally got the game downloaded after 14 tries and now it says "undefined" and I can't click in the play button. This is just BS!!! Come on Square GET YOUR **** TOGETHER!!! Never buying a square game ever again.

The beta isn't running at the moment. That is why it says undefined. The schedule in the beta forum showed that this past weekends beta only ran for that weekend. They are going to open up for another weekend beta soon. I'm saddened that you say you won't buy SE games anymore because you can't play something for free when it isn't available. I played this past weekend. I loved it.

MrScaryTT
19th Jun 2013, 20:08
Well I guess it just really got to me because the whole process was so frustrating. it took over 4 hours to download and I had to restart my PS3 5 times just to get the game to finish downloading, just to find out I couldn't even play it. I was just upset about the whole thing I guess. Is there a schedule of when it available to play, or is it all just lucky guessing? where can I find out?

Thanx, Mr Scary

Grimoire
20th Jun 2013, 13:34
[Important notice regarding the Members Rewards program]

na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/... (http://na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)

[We are currently undergoing unification with the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site.

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe&rsquo;s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home).

Some features from our current Square Enix Members program, such as our Official Forums, will be migrated onto the new platform and expand in scope to include the many titles added to our product lineup over the last few years including DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, SLEEPING DOGS, TOMB RAIDER and more.]

Ocean_H
19th Aug 2013, 10:50
[Important notice regarding the Members Rewards program]

na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/... (http://na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe’s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view*here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home).

And this is currently handled in a really horrible way. They should have done the unification/migration on a 2nd environment while still having the old system live and they switch over to the new system when everything is completed. The few new information for each account that would have been updated during the migration could have easily been updated real quick.

DracoBengali86
20th Aug 2013, 00:02
Or at the very least, considered that they were launching a MMO during the time they are attempting to merge the sites. Let's think about this for a second, merge sites well before or after a game launches so that any problems with the migration are ironed out well before the game launches or far enough after that the initial craze has warn off; or say ****it, let's see how badly this can screw up a launch.

I believe the rule is, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. So why chance it? You can have the best plan for nothing being affected, but you should plan and schedule as if there will be problems.

sleepyeyes
21st Aug 2013, 00:34
Okay, so it's bad enough that the XIV Beta 4 was a remarkable clusterfrack; we have to all be reminded of that when we attempt to access your website, as well! What, are you in beta for the new forum software?

Last time, my profile was wiped - my post count was erased, as were my games, and I could not register new ones. The site goes down for a few hours, and my "character" was wiped again, my already neutered post count once again dropped to zero, and I still can't register games!

Is the plan to try to make your products difficult to use? We are trying - we really are. We want SE to succeed, we really do. So many of us have preordered your collector's editions and your soundtracks, your remasters and even your next-gen titles. But, you're wearing even some of us thin with the massive failures everywhere we turn. Lodestone? Down. Beta forums? Constantly over-congested. Members' site? A perennial work in progress. Open beta? 20k+ users offline for over 24 hours straight.

Who is making these crazy decisions? Updating your website only alienated NA users. You basically took away everything we cared about here except the forums, and they're on life support. Please, please, please start fixing all the little IT problems you keep having, before they begin to define how SE does things, anymore.

EDIT: My neutered post count has returned. I guess that's something.

Tsesugu
28th Aug 2013, 09:40
I'm also getting sick of these "issues" with the servers. Clearly they were not ready for the game to come out, and clearly they should have know that there would've been so many people trying to get in the game once the game had early access. Every time I try to get in, there's either too many people trying to get in, or there's maintenance. I honestly don't know if I want to pay for this game monthly if there's going to be this many damn issues(don't forget error 3102 which screwed my Phase 4 time)?

Square Enix, I miss Squaresoft, they made better games.

Grimoire
28th Aug 2013, 11:13
SEA Website Gets Another Facelift - Part 1 (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/sea-website-gets-another-facelift-part-1)

Welcome to the newly minted Square Enix North America website. As you may have noticed, we’ve undergone a new facelift around here with big backend integrations with our sister site over at the Square Enix Europe office.

The most obvious changes you’ll notice will be the overall platform that the site will be hosted on. The current Square Enix Members platform, which we relaunched back in May of 2012, will now be hosted under the European Square Enix Membership platform.

Why are we doing this you ask? By joining both the Square Enix North American Members and Square Enix European Membership community portals into one centralized platform, this will allow us to better serve your needs for community news, in game integration, unified sign ups and several other key features that will continue to grow our content offerings to our community.

This will be the first of several updates coming down the pipeline so stay tuned for more updates.

S0kun
Square Enix Members Team

whimsicalalien
29th Aug 2013, 16:16
I'm also getting sick of these "issues" with the servers. Clearly they were not ready for the game to come out, and clearly they should have know that there would've been so many people trying to get in the game once the game had early access. Every time I try to get in, there's either too many people trying to get in, or there's maintenance. I honestly don't know if I want to pay for this game monthly if there's going to be this many damn issues(don't forget error 3102 which screwed my Phase 4 time)?

Square Enix, I miss Squaresoft, they made better games.
This company is so irresponsible!

Abandination
30th Aug 2013, 02:09
my account was wiped as well! my FF14 is gone.. i want my money back

SPEEDY1001
5th Sep 2013, 18:45
speedy here
didnt like the old Forum but now I nearly miss it
this style will need a lot of time to adapt óO

mfg
Olli

HeisenbergBlueSky
30th Oct 2013, 07:52
Hi, I used to use this site all the time maybe a year or two ago then just kinda stopped coming and now I come back and everything is all weird and totally different. What happened to the avatars and the groups?
>MFW This entire site nowhttp://31.media.tumblr.com/77b3686152c473e9c9da370a63845e00/tumblr_ml9ieiEv6M1rcptiao1_500.gif

FreakishTaunt
19th Nov 2013, 00:36
im guessing they don't like it either because I am not seeing any answers to any questions that have to be asked in forums because the "support" area is lacking any real support just more frustration.

Edward_841
7th Jan 2014, 02:17
this web site is so complicated it takes me a day to find a simple order invoice

Kilerbunny
30th Mar 2014, 06:10
SE... Well i've been a supportive fan through all their garbage. Because i grew up playing their games when they were actually good... Same as their website... They insist on adding stupid crap like qte's to their games... And making it difficult to just relax and enjoy what should be an amazing experience. se always produces great quality games then ruins them by adding stupid annoying garbage lol... Just spent 60$ on ps4 tomb raider and ended up shutting the game down after getting owned by the same annoying wte repeatedly. Want my damn money back lol