PDA

View Full Version : Official LOKD Box Art...

Umah Bloodomen
5th Sep 2003, 02:18
Straight from The Butterfly Lord himself.

http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/LOKD_XBOX_COVER.jpg

http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/PS2_LOKD_COVER.jpg

Chris also explained that the CD Logo will most likely be added to the box before it ships, so fear not. ;)

Thanks Chris!

The Amazing Rando
5th Sep 2003, 02:36
Sweeeeeeet. Thanks Chris & Umah

Omega
5th Sep 2003, 03:05
OMG!

*drools*

*hops in TARDIS*

KainSyndrome101
5th Sep 2003, 03:11
Very, very cool. I like the way how Kain looks like he's on crack when he's ripping everybody to shreds.:rolleyes:

Finally, a game that has a fine-looking boxart. It will definitely catch people's eyes.

Thanks for the news Umah.

blincoln
5th Sep 2003, 05:32
Excellent. I knew as soon as I saw that picture that it would be the cover art, but it's cool to see what it really looks like =).

Mister_jack
5th Sep 2003, 10:43
very nice

will the PAL version have the same box art?

blaze7
5th Sep 2003, 11:00
It is very cool:D

Quicksilver
5th Sep 2003, 13:51
Rated 'M' for mature...why am I not surprised?

Umah Bloodomen
5th Sep 2003, 15:29
I asked Chris about the PAL version and he said the cover of LOKD was unknown at this time. Sekhmet from www.legacyofkain.de was provided with this image (http://www.legacyofkain.de/index_def.php?lok=packshots&num=17) from Anubis (not Anubis_Orr) who obtained it from the Game Convention in Germany.

It's common for both versions to differ in box art, so I would expect the PAL version to look like what is on Sekhmet's site.

Mister_jack
5th Sep 2003, 16:23
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

It's common for both versions to differ in box art, so I would expect the PAL version to look like what is on Sekhmet's site.

noooooo, the NTSC version is so much cooler

Matt from Spam Buddies
5th Sep 2003, 16:39
I love it! :)

Thanks for sharing, Umah and Chris.

- Matthew

fneh
5th Sep 2003, 17:11
Originally posted by KainSyndrome101
[COLOR=red]

Finally, a game that has a fine-looking boxart. It will definitely catch people's eyes.

COLOR]

hmm.....you must be american then cos the only PAL version with a worse cover is BO1.
THe PAL covers were kick ass (especially SR2 and SR1 if you have the hologram one that moves between spectral and material)

The pics on that german site are just mock ups as far as I know. Amazon or gameplay were using that picture from the day they put defiance up on their site (remember it was the first art available)

but yeah it's a pretty cool cover. I prefer the artwork that's on the other wallpaper on the site though personally. I wouldn't be suprised if they used that for the PAL boxart actually. BO2 got treated like this. You americans got the crappy one with kain crouching holding the reaver and over here we got the one with kain holding the guy by the throat.:D

Glucolisis
5th Sep 2003, 17:26
Very cool, I would like to see one with the PC-CDROM logo, too.

Vampmaster
5th Sep 2003, 17:59
I prefere the one at the top of the thread to the one that used to be on the site. I'd like to see the same cover in the UK. The red really gets to the point of the game. (Blood!)

Secrets Of Nosgoth
5th Sep 2003, 18:54
I picture Kain yelling Vae Victis in that picture.

Apocrypha Roxy
5th Sep 2003, 20:44
Ish so purdy!!!

Wow, this is gonna be GREAT!!!

:D

Azazel
5th Sep 2003, 21:07
Originally posted by Glucolisis
Very cool, I would like to see one with the PC-CDROM logo, too.
I hope it's PC-DVDROM.

LOKFan
6th Sep 2003, 05:57
WOW! :eek:

I really hope that is the PAL box art and not that one on lok.de.

son of Turel
6th Sep 2003, 09:38
:eek: Where is the PC box:(
looks great though

Umah Bloodomen
6th Sep 2003, 14:28
You probably won't see one until after the console versions are released. Crystal Dynamics typically ports to the consoles first. (Reason being, I believe that's where their broader audience is).

kain520
6th Sep 2003, 14:39
What a brillent pic I was hopeing it was gonna be that one from the first time I saw it deffinatly the best of the lot.
:D

Rhodon
7th Sep 2003, 18:09
I really hope that the PAL- version doesn't look like that crappy one shown in the Lok.de site... That red cover is so much cooler... Damn, I really hope that Europeans will have that same cover... Please, PLEASE, PLEASE CHRYSTAL DYNAMICS AND EIDOS!!! Make us fans in here happy! ( Even though the game is more important, but still...)

But anyhow, thanks for sharing the information!

EDIT: I just realized that the PAL-box was not official... So the hopes are up!

Soul Reaver
9th Sep 2003, 18:53
Drop Jaw...

Sayel
10th Sep 2003, 07:06

I wouldn't say that, the PAL Box Art of Soul Reaver 2 was the same as the NTSC.

I hope Chris will pass on our (european) thoughts to the team to reconsider the current box art, so we will get the ass kicking box art from the NTSC too :)

And if not, this (http://www.legacyofkain.com/downloads/lok_wallpaper01_800.jpg) one would fit much better. :)

Dark God Francisco
15th Sep 2003, 12:28
Nice Box art man I really can't wait for this game.

NoobSaibot
15th Sep 2003, 17:59
who ever designed that box, It looks great.

fneh
22nd Sep 2003, 15:43
Originally posted by Sayel
I wouldn't say that, the PAL Box Art of Soul Reaver 2 was the same as the NTSC.

I hope Chris will pass on our (european) thoughts to the team to reconsider the current box art, so we will get the ass kicking box art from the NTSC too :)

And if not, this (http://www.legacyofkain.com/downloads/lok_wallpaper01_800.jpg) one would fit much better. :)

I thought the PAL SR2 bos was a slightly closer version of the same pic? the USA one shows the entire reaver doesn't it? The PAL one is much closer.

I prefer that pic for the PAL box art too. I like the pic of raziel much more. Kain doesn't look much better though...

Eternal Emperor
22nd Sep 2003, 20:56
Looks great, and gives an image of the new style of gameplay.

Embla
2nd Oct 2003, 07:09
ToTheGame had another pic of the official PAL box art. It`s the same as Sayel reffered to.

http://www.tothegame.com/boxshot.asp?picnum=uk&id=2543

Edit: It looks similar to the one Sayel mentioned.

LoK#1
13th Oct 2003, 20:44
Good news for me as ive pre ordered the american 1 with the comic for ps2 and im buying the xbox version across here,so i'll have 2 different covers(not that it matters),thanx for the info fneh

LOKFan
13th Oct 2003, 20:45
I hope it's good. Although I'm slightly upset that I won't be getting the US version cover.

PS: Good luck in your search.

Azazel
13th Oct 2003, 21:11
It's not this one I guess?
http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/2543/boxshot_uk_large.jpg

fneh
13th Oct 2003, 21:21
that's it! where did you find it?????

Azazel
13th Oct 2003, 21:23
In this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23879&perpage=25&highlight=pal&pagenumber=2) thread (at the bottom).

fneh
13th Oct 2003, 21:29
aw crap!

well at least umah wasn't the one to point that out eh?

Stephenls
13th Oct 2003, 22:22
Wow. I like the UK box art more than I like the North American box art. The flame-y background could do with some replacement, but the poses are cooler.

ReaverImpalerX8
13th Oct 2003, 23:41
i agree with Stephenls

blincoln
14th Oct 2003, 01:49
They're both cool.

Umah Bloodomen
14th Oct 2003, 01:58
Originally posted by fneh
well at least umah wasn't the one to point that out eh?

Partly due to the fact I was heading to class at the time you posted this thread. ;)

Mordred
14th Oct 2003, 03:20
the UK boxart maybe different though, as they quite offten are different to the Euro ones.

Plus i would get the PC one will be the same everywhere, its only really consoles that seem to go for different cover art

fneh
14th Oct 2003, 10:59
Originally posted by Mordred
the UK boxart maybe different though, as they quite offten are different to the Euro ones.

Plus i would get the PC one will be the same everywhere, its only really consoles that seem to go for different cover art

no. that one has the age rating thing in the corner that UK games have. I'm fairly sure that's the boxart we'll be getting over in the UK on the 28th! (OK so that's date's not official but it's EVERYWHERE for the PAL release date so until someone says otherwise I'm expecting it on the 28th nov)

Dark_Child
16th Oct 2003, 15:21
Originally posted by fneh
no. that one has the age rating thing in the corner that UK games have. I'm fairly sure that's the boxart we'll be getting over in the UK on the 28th! (OK so that's date's not official but it's EVERYWHERE for the PAL release date so until someone says otherwise I'm expecting it on the 28th nov)

The Pal - version comes to Europe in December 2003. And the new Box Arts are official, here a pic from the official Site: http://www.eidos.de/gss/legacy/legacyofkain/popup/popup_buy.jpg

Ok, the German version, but it will be the same. I'm so glad because of the "16 - Rating".:) 18 - rating would mean, that it would be very hard to get in Germany.