PDA

View Full Version : PC Version Music!!!

Mako18
4th Sep 2003, 22:00
Just one thing that bothers me about the PC Version
They improved the graphics from the PSX Version, but they downgraded the music!!!
I own the Original Soundtrack to FFVII (has all the music on it)
Is there anyway to replace the crappy MIDI files the game has originally and replace it with the actual Soundtrack?
If there is SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME!!!
I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it...I just need to know how.
Thanks to anyone that can answer my question.
:confused:

Moggraider
5th Sep 2003, 02:41
Don't think it can be done.

Emperorsteele
6th Sep 2003, 04:34
You can probably find higher quality avi files and replace them, but then if the new music was even a split second off, it would screw up the looping.

4Eyes
7th Sep 2003, 12:27
Huh, just turn the music in the game off altogether and put the original Soundtrack in your CD player. Just make sure you keep the remote control nearby so you can quickly change the track when you enter a battle

TiadaghtonDude
7th Sep 2003, 15:11
http://ficedula.cjb.net

Rengar
9th Sep 2003, 19:24
If you have an SBlive card and using Win98....you can use Soundfonts to change the music.

I've made one...but it doesn't sound like the PS1 version. It just sounds better than the PC version.

it's on my homepage.

and as for Ficedula's page...look under FF7 programs. Any question...go to Qhimm's forum.

Keep in mind that changing MIDI files won't change the way it sounds...just the tempo or a different song. MIDI's are dependent on the sound of your Soundcard.....different Soundcards make the same MIDI file, sound different. Which will bring you back to the use of Soundfonts to change the way it sounds.

what you want to look into is the FF7 MP3 program....but I hear it's still a little buggy. I haven't tried it myself.

BTW the one winged angel song is the best song in FF7 (KH too)....Sephiroth's theme. And if you load the lh2 soundfont last...you hear the chorus. (need an SBlive card or AWE.)