PDA

View Full Version : confirmed: NO TS3 from Eidos

spanks
4th Sep 2003, 13:40
Eidos had a press release today:

"following a review of the commercial arrangements for the TimeSplitters franchise, for which the IP is wholly-owned by the external development studio, Free Radical Design, Eidos has decided not to pursue its option to develop a TimeSplitters 3 game."

Let's hope FR eventually goes ahead with it ... or uses the IP for another franchise.

robofishzombie
4th Sep 2003, 22:13
And Free Radical's next game is said to be Second Sight.

Guess we have longer to wait :(

ign Link (http://cube.ign.com/articles/432/432558p2.html)

GST_10%
4th Sep 2003, 22:34
Dammit!

NO TS3 NEVER
5th Sep 2003, 16:07
Well thats anoying, I hope thats a rumor cus i have just completed 2 n well im getting realy bord of it n i was hoping 4 a ts3 to start bein made

spanks
5th Sep 2003, 17:14
Originally posted by robofishzombie
And Free Radical's next game is said to be Second Sight.

Guess we have longer to wait :(

ign Link (http://cube.ign.com/articles/432/432558p2.html) That's survival horror right? :rolleyes:

Grey Mouser
5th Sep 2003, 18:35
This news made me sad.

StormInABucket
5th Sep 2003, 21:30
According to the Computer & Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=96006) website (might have to register/sign in), if FRD did make another TimeSplitters Game, it could be published by someone other than Eidos (seeing as FRD does wholly own the TimeSplitters franchise). Keep yer fingers and toes crossed for a threequal.

Captin Snow
5th Sep 2003, 22:05
My day was going smooth up until I read that ****. I hope Free Radical teams up with someone else to put out another sequel. Just hopefuly not a company that's only Xbox, or only Gamecube, but only PS2 would be ok.

AB-109
5th Sep 2003, 23:42
Apparently Timesplitter 3 will publish by Activion :eek:

Ab ^_^

rors3k
6th Sep 2003, 17:08
How can you stand their and make yourself believe their wont be another timesplitters out. To be honest you cant like the game that much if you say there wont be a next one.

Lady_Jane_Lover
6th Sep 2003, 17:54
I agree with Captain Snow even if it doesnt come out I hope it doesnt stick to being on one console.

bloch
7th Sep 2003, 07:56
nope, just delayed, i read on an spanish page that they are making TS3, and could be ready this 2004, maybe march..

robofishzombie
7th Sep 2003, 15:44
Originally posted by rors3k
How can you stand their and make yourself believe their wont be another timesplitters out. To be honest you cant like the game that much if you say there wont be a next one.
Everyone has been saying there won't be another TimeSplitters from Eidos, not that there won't be another at all.

bloch
7th Sep 2003, 23:43
But a new Timesplitters, with new options, new multiplayer, and more stuff, can make TS3 the best game ever, i mean, ts2 the 2002 best game of the year, i hope they will make a new TS, im not bored with TS2, but more options to play with my friends would be great.

Krusade
8th Sep 2003, 01:14
i think they need to get Bungie(made halo) on TS3. god, that would ****in own!

AB-109
8th Sep 2003, 10:19
No it wouldn't and that would probably be one of the silliest things for them to do!

Sure Halo was good but its not TS and they would probably make it more like Halo than TS.

I'd prefer it if they kept Free-Rad to work on it infact I DEMAND it :rolleyes: lol otherwise it won't have the same feel to it.

i hope they will make a new TS,

Like we said allready, there are no plans to cancel TS3, it'll just have to be published by someone else (Activison by the looks of it) which means we'll probably be moving hom from this forum to the new developers :eek:

Ab

spanks
8th Sep 2003, 17:10
Originally posted by Krusade
i think they need to get Bungie(made halo) on TS3. god, that would ****in own! I also disagree with this. Timesplitters is all about speed, bots, multiplayer mayhem and the mapmaker. If you want a big story mode, get Halo(2) or half-life.

Originally posted by bloch
nope, just delayed, i read on an spanish page that they are making TS3, and could be ready this 2004, maybe march.. FR is working on a survival horror game. I don't think they're big enough to simultaneously be working on TS3. Even if I'm wrong, I highly doubt that it will be ready for 2004. I forcast TS3 for next gen.

AB-109
8th Sep 2003, 18:22
Oh man... forgot all about next gen :( better start savin up!

Ab

Krusade
8th Sep 2003, 20:30
dude, i just think it would own because bungie knows how to make a weapon feel like a ****ing weapon. i mean take the sniper. sure the timesplitters one is umm...well actually no it blows. put in halo's sniper and youre set. and what about the rocket launcher. if they put ts's speed with halo's power, holy shyt. you know it would own. but one thing ts has that halo doesnt is the whole machine gun thing. look at that spb90x2 blazin. lmfao

also i didnt want this cus of story, i really dont care about that nearly as much as multiplayer.

and ts should have hand grenades. :)

Captin Snow
9th Sep 2003, 00:04
What is the deal with everyone wanting TS to be like Halo?!? Halo is it's own game, TS is it's own game. I guess I could understand if you didn't have an Xbox (like me) but just buy Halo for the PC. I love the whole style of TS how it is, and I hope it doesn't change, just improves (not a Halo improvment either).

NO TS3 NEVER
9th Sep 2003, 16:27
I've been looking at ppls views on ts2 (on review sites) rufly 75% i saw hated the game I can't c y its great

bloch
9th Sep 2003, 19:11
Yeah, im still playing TS, i havent finished the game, and i buy it this Nov 2002, damn, im on hard now, damn, too hard, but its great, i almost finish the game, im on wild west, but the coop, damn, it rulez, ok, more missions would be great, but i love his game, i really really want more things, so i hope they make TS3, more multy modes, more missions, but presonaly, i love this game soo much. i will never get bored abou it.

bloch
11th Sep 2003, 18:47
Do u see my sign?http://www.hostmysig.com/data/robofz/135983.php{/IMG}

bloch
11th Sep 2003, 18:50
hmm i canthttp://www.hostmysig.com/data/robofz/135983.php{/IMG}

the_internet_king
11th Sep 2003, 19:05
i belive robofishzombie made a thread for signatures in ts community chat;)
The statistic that 75% of peopel hate the game is just not true its probebly that 74 percent of those peopel have never played the game. lol :o

DrkSnpr14
9th Oct 2003, 15:25
:eek: this sucks

the_internet_king
9th Oct 2003, 16:48
it says on the credits ts will return and my freinds seems to belive his ps2 magizine for this month accaly says there will be another one so i dont know..
quoting from frd.co.uk (peopel who make ts) althoug it says last updated may..

At the end of TimeSplitters 2 it says 'TimeSplitters will return...'. Does this mean there will be a TimeSplitters 3?

We'll see!

KittenCeleste
9th Oct 2003, 19:59
According to OSPM, Free Rad are in fact making TS3.. But Eidos aren't publishing it.. :(
My guess?? Next Gen console launch title.. ;)
But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see..

DrkSnpr14
10th Oct 2003, 15:17
I cant wait for the next gen systems! (probably not afford it either) I hope they push it in at the end of these consols life at least. I really need an easy way to play online.

SnipeX
13th Oct 2003, 09:44
TBH i could see TS3 if its bein made comin out for PS2, sein as online was harsly taken from TS2, i think there hankerin to get out a TimeSplitters Online. If they did it wud be the greatest thing the world has ever seen.......................ever :P

Gorified
18th Oct 2003, 06:17
Originally posted by Krusade
i think they need to get Bungie(made halo) on TS3. god, that would ****in own!

Sure, if you want TS3 to be XBox exclusive! You DO realise that Microsoft owns Bungie? Considering that, do you really think that MS would make a game for PS2? I think not. :p

RenegadeR109
4th Nov 2003, 13:16
In my opinino FRD have already started on TS3. FRD will have TS3 up and running by 2005 i reckon if not then they will keep it fo the ps3 which is sed to be out in 2005. if not then it will be out by 2004 mayb even scince that will 2 years scince TS2 came out and teh same happenined for ts1 soo lets hope this happens.

i-know
24th Feb 2005, 02:50
I have seen screen shots of TS3 or Timesplitters FuturePerfect :cool: :cool:

KittenCeleste
24th Feb 2005, 09:17
If you can, pick up the latest Official PS2 mag for a playable demo of TSFP, or you can also visit the boards that most of us have migrated to: timesplitters3.net! We have saved up loads of info, screens, and are aiming to be the biggest unofficial community for this game. The last release date for it that I heard is March 24th this year. My copy's already reserved, see you online! ;) :D

*loads up rocket launcher and aims for a crowd of calimari* :cool: