PDA

View Full Version : Ressurected

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
3rd Sep 2003, 17:36
Gah......good to be back again. This time for C3 :)

Well.......i've played a little bit of the demo and my first impressions are, It's Horrible. I mean, the graphics are nice but there's something missing. The whole Commandos feeling is gone and this time the game feels more like a console game then a PC game.
1. The interface is just horrible........ (and as someone said dumbed down a notch)
2. All the wonderfull shortcut keys are gone and now it's a mess.
3. This Seems to be more like a console port then a real commandos game :(

Well......I just hope that at least some of these features will be gone in the final version. I'm still going to buy it and put it into my beuftiful Commandos Collection on my shelf but this version might end up in the far back of the collection places :rolleyes:

Well..........good to see that many of the old "vets" are still around :D

<Edit> Forgot to mention I thought the first trailer (I think) was just plain horrible. I really loved the Bink trailer for C2 (I still Have It On My HArd Drive) <Edit>

<Edit2> Ok, just checked out the other Trailer, it's better but the music is still poo. What happend to the guy who made the music for C2? That was just brilliant :) <Edit2>

Mike_B
3rd Sep 2003, 18:43
<Edit3>Forgot to check the Sticky on top of the page :D

Welcom back!

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
4th Sep 2003, 01:56
I know....I edit like crazy. :)

Yeah.....i'm gonna chack out the new demo as soon as it comes out. If there will be a new demo or just the same but "improved".

PS
Stickies are poo :cool:

ragsy
4th Sep 2003, 04:07
Welcome back Krwawy Lew, you haven't missed much

David
4th Sep 2003, 05:37
WTF? you dont like the music??? man it is GREAT!!! cant be better :)
and mateo pascual is still behind it! like for all commandos series!

ragsy
4th Sep 2003, 06:54
a bit off topic but a really bad example of Music in film is Conan the Barbarian, i watched this two nights ago, and at one point (i was playing warcraft at the same time) the film music sounded like nothing much was happening, until i actually looked away from my computer to the TV and saw that a major fight scence was underway... anyway my point is it is amazing how much music can influence the mood

Xcom
4th Sep 2003, 07:18
Personally, I think we didn't hear much of a music (in the current demo) to form objective opinion about it. I, for one, am confident that as far as music goes, it will be great in the final game as in previous commandos games. I am more concerned about gameplay and controls at this point. :D

ps: wb Bloody Lion ;)

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
4th Sep 2003, 13:41
Originally posted by ragsy
a bit off topic but a really bad example of Music in film is Conan the Barbarian, i watched this two nights ago, and at one point (i was playing warcraft at the same time) the film music sounded like nothing much was happening, until i actually looked away from my computer to the TV and saw that a major fight scence was underway... anyway my point is it is amazing how much music can influence the mood

Tha's why Quentin Tarentino chose specific music for specific scenes in Pulp Fiction :)

Sound is like 20% of the Experience for me..........so hurray :)

Thanks everyone.....it's good to be back :D

David
4th Sep 2003, 16:54
yes indeed music plays very important role. asin some monets it might give you geese bumps :p
from all the trailer i saw music seems dramatic and fitting the scenes. the thing is if you will play for a long time one mission it might get repetetive

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
5th Sep 2003, 08:41
Originally posted by David
yes indeed music plays very important role. asin some monets it might give you geese bumps :p
from all the trailer i saw music seems dramatic and fitting the scenes. the thing is if you will play for a long time one mission it might get repetetive

Not really......I played C2 without any annoyance from the music and just loved everything about it. The music was just perfect.......really got me in the mood for sneaking around and doing naughty things :)

CyberPsyco
5th Sep 2003, 09:47
The only Commados game ive played is C2 and the demo to C3
And Commandos2 is the best strategygame ive played ever! My dads friend installed it on my comp when i got new one ;), he installed so i didnt need a CD for the game...

And to this day I still thank him for the best gaming experience of my life!!! THX allot

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
6th Sep 2003, 11:30
Originally posted by CyberPsyco
THX allot

You're Welcome :)

iakovos
6th Sep 2003, 14:37
Originally posted by ragsy
a bit off topic but a really bad example of Music in film is Conan the Barbarian... the film music sounded like nothing much was happening, until i actually looked away from my computer to the TV and saw that a major fight scence was underway... anyway my point is it is amazing how much music can influence the mood

Well, that's not a very good example as Conan the Barbarian is an excellent epic soundtrack, composed by Basil Polidouris.

The opening credits were used in the trailer of the Gladiator film.

Iakovos:)

PS. Good to see you LEW back home :D