PDA

View Full Version : Current C3 demo is unfinished

Mike_B
3rd Sep 2003, 15:31
Hiyas all,

I checked with Eidos about the demo since alot of people had problems with it, not running in full-screen, the bugs... The reason of all that is because the demo is not finished. It's not the real thing. I also removed all the download links to the demo. Please do not post them again.

It’s simply an unfinished demo. The one that is out there was not properly tested and was released pre-maturely. We’re working on a proper demo as well as the final game and both are far better than the demo presents. We’re unsure as to when the final demo will be ready as we are very focused on finishing the full version in a timely manor.

Xcom
3rd Sep 2003, 16:22
Now he tells us. :p

(downloading 260 megs is no fun)

Teuvo
3rd Sep 2003, 17:15
Roger that.

kowboy
3rd Sep 2003, 18:27
I thought it was funny how when I finished killing all the germans, it only went to the campaign selection screen. No story or outtro...no congrats...no "mission completed."

sean1007
3rd Sep 2003, 18:36
I am glad that you have a direct channel with the folks at Pyro. :-)
What I don't get is that since the game is supposed to be released in SEP 03(prepare for war..sept) does it say at the end of the demo...
Well that doesn't leave them lots of time to add keys, and make lots of changes...
Or are they going to postponed?
Sean.;)

Mike_B
3rd Sep 2003, 18:49
SEP 03 = september 2003 :) It's planned to be released 23 sept. in US and 26 sept. EU.

Originally posted by Xcom

(downloading 260 megs is no fun)

Tell me about it, it took me about 5 hours! I got it before all the big servers had it.

sean1007
3rd Sep 2003, 22:42
[QUOTE]Originally posted by @m
[B]SEP 03 = september 2003 :) It's planned to be released 23 sept. in US and 26 sept. EU.

That what I said. SEP 03 hahhahhaha
Any way you cut it, it only leaves some20 days.
Is that enought time to make the cahnges that most people want....
I am not so sure...
Sean

ragsy
4th Sep 2003, 01:18
This pic is called txt_demo.gif and is now being displayed on the demo page at the offical pyro site, only problem is that it doesn't actullay work... But what it does tell us is that Pyro wanted to tell us somthing different other than the classified message that was plastered there the other day, and who knows if they actually fix it without renaming it may well show up below

http://commandos3.pyrostudios.com/english/image/txt_demo.gif

David
4th Sep 2003, 05:35
didnt you guys new it from almost begining that it is unfinished. ok after playing 10 mins at least ;)

Xcom
4th Sep 2003, 07:06
Originally posted by David
didnt you guys new it from almost begining that it is unfinished. ok after playing 10 mins at least ;)

Good point. It slowly becomes Eidos' unfinished demos story. :p First Hitman2, now C3.

WeinerMan
4th Sep 2003, 16:56
It's not the real thing
well, it's out there! Avault has it linked, Gamespot has it linked. they (eidos, pyro) better retract it soon or get the new one out or it will get a bad rap as it's gotten here. i mean sean would rather kiss a frog than play the C3 demo!

sean1007
4th Sep 2003, 18:25
It would have to be a very sexy frog.... LOL
I did finish this demo and took little pleasure in it. (but hey. it was free )
Now, in the gamespot forum, most folks had no idea what commandos was.
And I still think that even our moderator is raising hight hopes that the game wil somewhat be vastly improved since it was a fluke to have released it so soon.
Now, I am no programmer, but I would venture that either the release date is pushed back, or the game will be very similar to the demo.
Having a "mission accomplished" logo at the end will hardly satisfied the die hard commandos fans.
sean

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
5th Sep 2003, 08:39
@m & Xcom

Any word from Pyro when the "official" demo will be out?

I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to C3 as it Did to C2 (promise of a demo and nothing, official at least;-) )

CyberPsyco
5th Sep 2003, 09:38
I had no other problems than that the Commandos couldnt shoot from roofs down at Natzis when they were in "A" mode (agressive mode), they just didnt doo anything so it was hard to do good ambush on them :(

Mike_B
5th Sep 2003, 14:07
Originally posted by [PAK]Krwawy Lew
@m & Xcom

Any word from Pyro when the "official" demo will be out?

I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to C3 as it Did to C2 (promise of a demo and nothing, official at least;-) )

We do not have contacts at Pyro :) But like I posted above Eidos & Pyro aren't sure themselves since they're concentrating on the full game.

Thorup
5th Sep 2003, 22:15
we don't need the demo. I just want the full game!:)

WeinerMan
5th Sep 2003, 22:40
nope, need the fixed demo or a statement from pyro saying the full version will play in non-windowed mode on Win98. where i'm at, can't return games once they're opened and I AIN'T playing C3 in windowed mode!

Thorup
6th Sep 2003, 10:02
get xp. it is much better;)

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
6th Sep 2003, 11:36
Originally posted by Thorup
we don't need the demo. I just want the full game!:)

I remember people saying that about C2. It ended up with no demo at all, a demo might have upped sales a bit and broadend the horizon for C2.

A Demo IS important. Every large game should have a way for the consumer to test the product before buying it (since the price for it is like 50 bucks) cause you don't want to waste money on something you'll end up disliking.

Salut

NavySeal_Sirus
13th Sep 2003, 17:27
To me i dont mind if there isnt a demo, even for C3 since i know what iam expecting already.:)

iakovos
16th Sep 2003, 12:44
Well, I've seen the C3 demo being sold with the British PC Gamer mag... now, is that the real thingie or not?

Iakovos:)

Mike_B
16th Sep 2003, 15:17
Probably the real thing, Eidos has now released a new & final version of the demo :)

iakovos
17th Sep 2003, 07:31
Well, I'll give it a try...

ragsy
18th Sep 2003, 01:37
Originally posted by @m
Probably the real thing, Eidos has now released a new & final version of the demo :)

I thought they were also going to release a multiplayer demo in a short while

Mike_B
18th Sep 2003, 05:16
Originally posted by ragsy
I thought they were also going to release a multiplayer demo in a short while

I believe that was planned for the end of the month :)

iakovos
19th Sep 2003, 17:24
Clarification:

The British PC Gamer issue is No 127, October 2003.
The demo on the cds is not compatible with win98 and ME according to the installation instructions.

Next issue of the British PC Gamer promises a FULL REVIEW of Commandos 3.

WeinerMan
19th Sep 2003, 19:33
"PC Gamer issue is No 127, October 2003"

probably written in August since it's published in September

thus...

"Next issue ... FULL REVIEW"

is the No 128, November 2003 issue, probably written in September to be published in October

and my point is...

their lying cuz C3 won't be out in September :D